Showing results 1 to 25 of 221
Search took 4.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Cal Ford
Forum: Cruises March 19th, 2011, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 4
Posted By Cal Ford
Riviera TransAtlantic 15 Nov 2012

This will be the first TransAtlantic sailing of Oceanias new ship the Riviera.
We have four RTC couples booked already which is enough to form a Trivia Cabal
but more would be welcome.

We really...
Forum: Cruises March 14th, 2011, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 0
Posted By Cal Ford
Oceania 2012 Season

Oceania's 2012 European, including TransAtlantics, go on sale in just a few
days. The good voyages sell out quickly so if you have anything in mind you had
better contact your favorite TA real...
Forum: Cruises February 28th, 2011, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 12
Posted By Cal Ford
The new Oceania Riviera ......

Paul: Yes, there were a lot of lessons learned no doubt but overall I think
Oceania did a great job considering it was their first newbuild and there were a
lot of fingers in that pie stirring things...
Forum: Cruises February 28th, 2011, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 25
Posted By Cal Ford
Cruise Itinerary suggestions wanted

Early to mid June would be just fine in that region. Will not be hot yet and may
in fact be a bit chilly. If she would like a chance to work on her own art then
perhaps a River Cruise would be in...
Forum: Cruises February 27th, 2011, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 12
Posted By Cal Ford
The new Oceania Riviera ......

We have advance information concerning the Maiden voyage of the Sister of the
Marina. Schedule looks like April of 2012 but we know the definitive scoop.
Let's see who is paying attention.

Cal...
Forum: Cruises February 24th, 2011, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By Cal Ford
Laundry on Oceania Nautica?

Yes, as far as I know it is still there. Pretty much amidship on Deck Seven. You
need tokens from the Pursers Desk in order to operate the dispensers and
machinery. They don't always empty the coin...
Forum: Cruises February 24th, 2011, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 0
Posted By Cal Ford
thoughts from Oceania's Marina Maiden Voyage (long)

Damm ...... Wish we had known you were aboard. You could have joined our Trivia
Team and we could have done some lunches etc.

Cal & Pat Ford with Tobie & Barbara Gerbrandt.

In article...
Forum: Cruises June 12th, 2009, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 5
Posted By Cal Ford
European River Cruises

A lot of first hand information can be found on the Boards over at Cruise
Critic, or as Ray said, you can ask specific questions here. River Cruising is
not as exotic as it used to be.

Remember that...
Forum: Cruises June 2nd, 2009, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 5
Posted By Cal Ford
Payless Car Rental Montreal – hidden geographic re

A similar story from my experiences. Last Fall we rented a car from a local
company in Barcelona. Got a heck of a good deal by booking online in advance.
Like you we were asked about our travel...
Forum: Cruises June 2nd, 2009, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 16
Posted By Cal Ford
VIkings GO BBQ

We will be doing a 7-4 afternoon party for about 25 and I note you will be doing
Ribs for yours also. Ribs seem to be very popular lately.

Every region seems to have a "Best" method but I like to do...
Forum: Cruises June 1st, 2009, 02:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 5
Posted By Cal Ford
No more C&A for TA's?

In the nearly 30 years that we have been the business we have never taken a "TA
Rate". We have done seminars and been group escorts but never a straight TA
rate. As Susette points out elsewhere quite...
Forum: Cruises July 9th, 2008, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 7
Posted By Cal Ford
Venice cruise terminal & train station

As the Crow flies it is probably about 3/4 of a mile from the Cruise Terminal to
the Train Station. That said, you are not going to get a Crow to carry your
luggage.

It is a circuitous and devious...
Forum: Cruises June 6th, 2008, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 5
Posted By Cal Ford
Big is Better ??

We did that ship a couple years later after she became the Sun Princess. Talked
the LB into trying a weekend Cruise to see if she would like it and the Nov
Regatta will be 45 Cruises later...
Forum: Cruises June 5th, 2008, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 5
Posted By Cal Ford
Big is Better ??

That is why you want to select a Crossing that takes a Southerly route. And
preferably one that is East to West.

Cal Ford
Lido Deck Cruises

In article...
Forum: Cruises June 4th, 2008, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 5
Posted By Cal Ford
Big is Better ??

First and foremost I enjoy Cruising because of the people I am with, the
itinerary is second and the ship is third, usually.

My personal preference is a small to midrange ship. The ships of Oceania...
Forum: Cruises June 4th, 2008, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 22
Posted By Cal Ford
Best Price Cruises?

Michael, if you have an unapplied Future Cruise Credit you can apply it to any
cruise on Princess booked anywhere. If you make a regular deposit you can still
apply the FCC to the booking to reduce...
Forum: Cruises May 15th, 2008, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 28
Posted By Cal Ford
In Case you are not up to date***

Good information Jean and the subject can never be discussed enough.

As Ray mentioned passengers disembarking at a US Port do not need a Passport but
anyone entering or leaving by Air Transport...
Forum: Cruises May 6th, 2008, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 14
Posted By Cal Ford
Rome hotels?

Yes, I know that place, it is a very elegant little Hotel and a great location.
For a person who enjoys a little walking there is a lot to be explored in close
vicinity.

Cal Ford
Lido Deck...
Forum: Cruises May 5th, 2008, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 14
Posted By Cal Ford
Rome hotels?

Of course, it is always more fulfilling to stay in a local, non chain, hotel
whenever possible. This is true whether it is Europe, China, or Mexico. Of
course there are exceptions but my preference...
Forum: Cruises May 5th, 2008, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 0
Posted By Cal Ford
Food Allergies

There are a lot of people out there that are hesitant or cautious about
traveling because of food allergies or sensitivities. Here is a WEB Site that
allows you to download a list of foods and...
Forum: Cruises May 3rd, 2008, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 1
Posted By Cal Ford
Learn English!!!!! Know everything !!!!!!!!!!!

That's the answer, I have always wondered how it is that my Wife knows
everything ....

It's because she speaks English ....... Wow .......

Cal Ford
Forum: Cruises May 3rd, 2008, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 6
Posted By Cal Ford
Rome - How to get to the ship

We have done that several times, staying in Ostia Antica that is. It is sort of
an nontouristy industrial town except for the Beach Zone. Several inexpensive
hotels and lots of little Mom and Pop...
Forum: Cruises May 3rd, 2008, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 10
Posted By Cal Ford
Barcelona B4 Regatta

It seems to me that the "Bus" in question is more like the Roissy Bus in Paris
rather than a Airport to Hotel Shuttle. My concern was that you may have to drag
your luggage several blocks after...
Forum: Cruises April 28th, 2008, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 17
Posted By Cal Ford
I am looking for any tips for the Mediterranean Cruise I will be taking.

In article , Joseph Coulter
says...

Cal Ford wrote in
:

But the train from...
Forum: Cruises April 28th, 2008, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 14
Posted By Cal Ford
Seeing Wild Animals

You will probably have a maximum window of 8 nights but it is possible to work
out a schedule that would include a short Galapagos Cruise along with a visit to
Machu Pichu in Peru.

Cal Ford
Lido...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 221