Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Corné
Forum: Africa April 9th, 2007, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 8
Posted By Corné
What to bring to South Africa

"krypto" schreef in bericht
I'm going on a trip to Capetown and KNP for the first time. Is there
something I...
Forum: Africa April 1st, 2007, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 5
Posted By Corné
Uganda advice?

Anyone know how much Swahili is spoken? The Teach Yourself book says
its widely spoken, but a Ugandan we met in Nairobi says they don't
like to speak it for historical reasons (which I've...
Forum: Africa March 23rd, 2007, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa,it.hobby.viaggi
Replies: 3
Posted By Corné
End Mugabe's brutality in Zimbabwe

Some other method would be
acceptable....in a hurry, if at all possible.

What are you thinking of? A spokesman from the MDC told in a newspaper that
he was happy with the support from the west...
Forum: Africa March 18th, 2007, 08:06 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 4
Posted By Corné
Zambia visa now $100 for US citizens

"Dave Patterson" schreef in bericht
I haven't seen this news posted here.
It's a multiple entry visa good for 3 years and the only
visa...
Forum: Africa March 17th, 2007, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 18
Posted By Corné
Cost of driving in SA

Fuel is very inexpensive in South Africa

For labourers with the minimum wage (R1000 per month) it is a bit different
off course!

Regards from the warm bush (37 Celcius),

Corné.
Forum: Europe March 1st, 2007, 08:22 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By Corné
Great Africa Wildebeest Migration- Download Report

Thanks, Africatraveler. Didn't know beests now migrate to Europe

*LOL*

Corné
Forum: Asia March 1st, 2007, 08:22 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By Corné
Great Africa Wildebeest Migration- Download Report

Thanks, Africatraveler. Didn't know beests now migrate to Europe

*LOL*

Corné
Forum: Africa March 1st, 2007, 08:22 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By Corné
Great Africa Wildebeest Migration- Download Report

Thanks, Africatraveler. Didn't know beests now migrate to Europe

*LOL*

Corné
Forum: Africa February 11th, 2007, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 43
Posted By Corné
?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?

"Liz Leyden" schreef in bericht
In message
"Corné" ...
Forum: Africa February 11th, 2007, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 43
Posted By Corné
?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?

But it isn't just negligence by the
government. What about the recent stir when FNB was "advised" by
government officials not to fulfill their R20 million advertising
campaign against crime? It...
Forum: Africa February 11th, 2007, 03:15 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 43
Posted By Corné
?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?

Well, he certainly provoked me out of my long silence.

Catherine

Now you see where a good discussion can lead to :) Funny by the way the
comment from the author of this post:
Forum: Africa February 11th, 2007, 11:27 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 43
Posted By Corné
?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?

I don't buy any of your arguments, and I am disappointed in your racist
and
patronising attitude.

Too bad I don't have your adress, would immediately let my attorney sue you.
Patronising is...
Forum: Africa February 10th, 2007, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 43
Posted By Corné
?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?

On a similar note, my pet peeve is people who say that if a woman/girl
wears a short skirt, or walks around at night "deserves to be raped".
This takes the onus of self-control away from the...
Forum: Africa February 10th, 2007, 11:50 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 43
Posted By Corné
?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?

Yes, it's always a good idea to know something about the law. I'm
concerned about what you've just said however. Were they given an
official fine for R700, or did the cop simply tel them that...
Forum: Africa February 4th, 2007, 09:02 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 43
Posted By Corné
?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?

"Marc Lurie" schreef in bericht
Corne, are you suggesting that this person should attempt to bribe a
police...
Forum: Africa January 30th, 2007, 07:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 43
Posted By Corné
?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?

So four big questions to start with:

Out of a 32 day trip, is a week in a condo in Johannesburg way too
much?

Jo'burg can been seen in 2 days. Remember there's a lot of crime, so don't
go...
Forum: Africa January 27th, 2007, 07:07 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 43
Posted By Corné
?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?

Renting/leaseing a car in Johannesburg

Drive to Cape Town

? I wouldn't drive from Jo'burg to Cape Town. From the Kruger I advise to
visit St. Lucia and Hluwehluwe. Then drive to Durban and...
Forum: Africa January 22nd, 2007, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 17
Posted By Corné
Kruger Again

Kurt wrote: "and that Kruger and private reserves were
created in the last century in South Africa by kicking local people off"

The above statement is pure nonsense, and I defy you to justify it...
Forum: Africa January 22nd, 2007, 12:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 17
Posted By Corné
Kruger Again

This is exactly the kind of problem faced by the industry in SA: "Come
to our lovely game reserve, where you can visit the waterhole and see
the animals, then visit the township and see the...
Forum: Africa January 22nd, 2007, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 17
Posted By Corné
Kruger Again

schreef in bericht
Corné wrote:

Colour is no longer an issue anymore in the new South Africa

The above statement is...
Forum: Africa January 22nd, 2007, 07:50 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 17
Posted By Corné
Kruger Again

Kurt,

think you are missing the point here...? Look at the original post!

In stead of making everything political, better is that you contribute
something more then big words to this...
Forum: Africa January 22nd, 2007, 07:47 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 17
Posted By Corné
Kruger Again

"Scott Elliot" schreef in bericht
wrote in message
Forum: Africa January 22nd, 2007, 07:42 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 17
Posted By Corné
Kruger Again

By all means let's assist and encourage people in this NG to come to
Africa and enjoy the wildlife, landscapes, cultures and people.

Hear hear! And a good and not expensive way is to visit Amukela...
Forum: Africa January 21st, 2007, 08:20 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 17
Posted By Corné
Kruger Again

schreef in bericht
In article , "Corné"

Forum: Africa January 18th, 2007, 06:24 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 17
Posted By Corné
Kruger Again

We stayed at a simple lodge just outside the park that was fine, not a
10 star but ok. My question is why is the price of the Private Game
Reserve Lodges so high? Relative to the "normal"...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 34