Showing results 1 to 25 of 33
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Anonymouse[_5_]
Forum: Europe April 16th, 2011, 08:46 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 151
Posted By Anonymouse[_5_]
GPS unit recommendation?

On 4/1/2011 2:10 AM, Johannes Kleese wrote:
PeterL wrote:
On Mar 31, 5:54 pm, wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a compact GPS one can...
Forum: Europe April 10th, 2011, 09:52 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 29
Posted By Anonymouse[_5_]
If You Travel to Europe....

On 3/31/2011 3:54 AM, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 22:38:25 +0000 (UTC), David Hatunen
wrote:

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 15:26:40 -0700, mattcaseymatt wrote:

You'll...
Forum: Europe April 9th, 2011, 03:49 AM Posted to alt.travel.eurail,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Anonymouse[_5_]
overnight trains / couchettes / sleeping cars

Hi,

in the 90s I used to get 5 day flexipasses... use 3 for overnights
(Paris Amsterdam was an overnight) but so was Amsterdam Munich,
Munich Paris, Munich Florence, and Florence ...
Forum: USA & Canada April 1st, 2011, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 12
Posted By Anonymouse[_5_]
Carmen's Bushcamp Safaris in South Africa.

On 2/7/2011 11:51 PM, Carmen1touristguide.za wrote:
What makes us any different from the rest? Dedication to our clients,
preserving Wildlife and supporting the less fortunate. 20 Years
service...
Forum: Cruises March 26th, 2011, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 32
Posted By Anonymouse[_5_]
Wheel Chairs

On 3/18/2011 3:29 PM, Gadget World wrote:
Isn't it amazing that many of the people who require wheel chairs to
board and disembark cruise ships, never use them on the cruise.

This...
Forum: Cruises March 15th, 2011, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 0
Posted By Anonymouse[_5_]
all inclusive cruises

Hi,

cruises have touted themselves as all inclusive for years.... but I find
they're not anything close... bar drinks extra...even cokes extra...
snacks extra....

are there any truly All...
Forum: Europe March 15th, 2011, 02:58 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 52
Posted By Anonymouse[_5_]
OT France

It seems a trip of this type costs as much as a good used BMW and
therefore I don't take it lightly.

unless you're talking about an 80s bmw at 2-3000$ I find European travel
to be as...
Forum: Europe November 18th, 2010, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By Anonymouse[_5_]
13% of French live in poverty

On 10/18/2010 2:05 PM, Mxsmanic wrote:
Wolfgang Schwanke writes:

Monaco is a a
parasite of other countries by effectively luring part of their wealth
onto its own territory.

I know if...
Forum: Europe October 3rd, 2010, 05:53 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 57
Posted By Anonymouse[_5_]
travel?

no longer able to walk long distances due to
the infirmities of age.

Not made clear in previous posts.

Hi,

I travel with a brompton folding bike which helps a LOT in some
cities......
Forum: Europe October 3rd, 2010, 05:42 AM Posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,aus.politics,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 0
Posted By Anonymouse[_5_]
Europe’s Riots, America’s Future

The solution, of course, is to limit the growth of government. During
the Bush-Obama years, howerver, politicians have been heading in the
wrong direction.

how much has been squandered in Iraq...
Forum: Europe October 1st, 2010, 06:32 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 57
Posted By Anonymouse[_5_]
travel?

On 9/26/2010 6:53 PM, Erilar wrote:
What happened to the travel?

Hi,

well I'm off to the horse races.

but that's in Louisiana.
Forum: Europe October 1st, 2010, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 25
Posted By Anonymouse[_5_]
French Cheese Joints (US)

On 9/25/2010 11:27 AM, Jim Cate wrote:
It's great to try new cheeses while vising France, but what about after we
get back home? Which great cheeses routinely popular in France are we likely
to...
Forum: Europe September 4th, 2010, 06:43 AM Posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 36
Posted By Anonymouse[_5_]
Do you think the situation in Iraq was worth going to war over?"60% of Americans say "No

On 8/27/2010 10:29 AM, PJ Himselff wrote:
On Aug 27, 4:57 am, The Idiot unwisely
wrote to usenet:
n a USA TODAY Poll, 60% of Americans say "No," when asked "Do you...
Forum: Europe August 27th, 2010, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 47
Posted By Anonymouse[_5_]
Cheep Paris Restaurants?

Hi,

for a cheap dinner I'd usually go for a crepe/Breton(sp?) place

if you can avoid the cidre (which I don't I like it) they're quite cheap.

--
Hackamore
http://www.hackamoretravel.com

Good reason not to visit Xrazdiak, yes?

especially since it seems to not exist.

if you can bring in a decent sized automatic knife the shock value alone
will deter most muggers that aren't...
Forum: Europe August 1st, 2010, 08:54 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 169
Posted By Anonymouse[_5_]
How to Avoid Pickpockets

Good reason not to visit Xrazdiak, yes?

especially since it seems to not exist.

if you can bring in a decent sized automatic knife the shock value alone
will deter most muggers that aren't...
Forum: Europe August 1st, 2010, 08:38 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 169
Posted By Anonymouse[_5_]
How to Avoid Pickpockets

Do Europeans visiting the USA need to buy themselves AK47s or M15s to
feel safe?

Neither unless you know what you are doing with them.

We know what we are doing with them.

Forum: Cruises August 1st, 2010, 08:38 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 75
Posted By Anonymouse[_5_]
How to Avoid Pickpockets

Do Europeans visiting the USA need to buy themselves AK47s or M15s to
feel safe?

Neither unless you know what you are doing with them.

We know what we are doing with them.

Forum: Europe July 30th, 2010, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 169
Posted By Anonymouse[_5_]
How to Avoid Pickpockets

On 7/30/2010 3:28 AM, Martin wrote:
On 30/07/10 07:37, Anonymouse wrote:

An amusing fantasy but why don't you just pack some heat?

I must say one of the first things I do in...
Forum: Cruises July 30th, 2010, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 75
Posted By Anonymouse[_5_]
How to Avoid Pickpockets

On 7/30/2010 3:28 AM, Martin wrote:
On 30/07/10 07:37, Anonymouse wrote:

An amusing fantasy but why don't you just pack some heat?

I must say one of the first things I do in...
Forum: Cruises July 30th, 2010, 06:37 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 75
Posted By Anonymouse[_5_]
How to Avoid Pickpockets

An amusing fantasy but why don't you just pack some heat?

I must say one of the first things I do in Paris is buy a weapon
suitable knife (last trip it was a balisong and a coup de poing...
Forum: Europe July 30th, 2010, 06:37 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 169
Posted By Anonymouse[_5_]
How to Avoid Pickpockets

An amusing fantasy but why don't you just pack some heat?

I must say one of the first things I do in Paris is buy a weapon
suitable knife (last trip it was a balisong and a coup de poing...
Forum: Europe July 30th, 2010, 06:31 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 169
Posted By Anonymouse[_5_]
How to Avoid Pickpockets

On 7/24/2010 12:28 PM, wrote:
On Jul 23, 11:41 pm, wrote:
Wear a Burberry trench coat that has so many pockets that no one would
have any chance...
Forum: Cruises July 30th, 2010, 06:31 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 75
Posted By Anonymouse[_5_]
How to Avoid Pickpockets

On 7/24/2010 12:28 PM, wrote:
On Jul 23, 11:41 pm, wrote:
Wear a Burberry trench coat that has so many pockets that no one would
have any chance...
Forum: Europe July 30th, 2010, 06:28 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 169
Posted By Anonymouse[_5_]
How to Avoid Pickpockets

On 7/24/2010 6:46 AM, Ian F. wrote:
"Martin" wrote in message

Avoid behaving and looking like an American...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 33