Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: J Carnaghie
Forum: Cruises May 1st, 2010, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 1
Posted By J Carnaghie
Golden Princess Vista Suite - Poor Vista

We had Vista Suite F315 on the Golden Princess round trip LA-Hawaii in
mid April 2010. The cabin was spacious and handicapped accommodating. It
had one flat screen TV and two large windows that...
Forum: Cruises February 5th, 2010, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 18
Posted By J Carnaghie
Medical evacuations common?

Charles wrote:
In article , Paul Johnson
wrote:

On our recent cruise Miami to Los Angeles on Oceania's Regatta we had at...
Forum: Cruises January 21st, 2010, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 23
Posted By J Carnaghie
Laptop computers

tathraman wrote:
Computer savants - I'm going on Dawn Princess round the world in May
and plan on buying an entry-level laptop - a Toshiba L300. Toshiba
tells me I'll need some sort of device...
Forum: Cruises December 31st, 2009, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 9
Posted By J Carnaghie
Brut-al

Charles wrote:
In article , George Leppla
wrote:

BRUT-AL.

Looking at the advertisement for the local grocery store here in...
Forum: Cruises December 20th, 2009, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 21
Posted By J Carnaghie
LA - Australia - LA without using Air

Thanks for all who replied with helpful suggestions. It looks like
the Business Class Air option is the only viable way to accomplish what
we want to do. The freighter option is viable, but they...
Forum: Cruises December 14th, 2009, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 21
Posted By J Carnaghie
LA - Australia - LA without using Air

That should be 2011. Sorry.

J Carnaghie wrote:
Here's one for you creative types.
I want to cruise in 3011 from Los Angeles / San Diego to Australia / New
Zealand and then return without...
Forum: Cruises December 14th, 2009, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 21
Posted By J Carnaghie
LA - Australia - LA without using Air

Here's one for you creative types.
I want to cruise in 3011 from Los Angeles / San Diego to Australia / New
Zealand and then return without spending lots of time in an Airplane
(Medical problems...
Forum: Cruises December 10th, 2009, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 12
Posted By J Carnaghie
How Does the Food Rate On Carnival vs Princess

Monica wrote:
I know this is subjective but just wanted to get some thoughts.
Monica

Having sailed on both lines, I believe that it is "too close to call" as
regards food quality and...
Forum: Cruises October 21st, 2009, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 19
Posted By J Carnaghie
TELESCOPE on a cruise?

Paul Johnson wrote:
"Ike" wrote in message
The sole advantage of a telescope is magnification, but a ship imposes
Forum: Cruises October 20th, 2009, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 7
Posted By J Carnaghie
Is Full Really Full?

More than once I have been on a cruise and have been told "The Ship is
Full." However, in traveling along the corridors, I have seen what
appear to be empty rooms.
Is the ship really full, or is it...
Forum: Cruises October 8th, 2009, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 8
Posted By J Carnaghie
Well, I'll bet they were surprised

Seehorse Video wrote:
"Dillon Pyron" wrote in message
I'm sure the five inch guns and .50 BMG machine guns...
Forum: Cruises October 3rd, 2009, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 11
Posted By J Carnaghie
Collision!!! RCI and Carnival

Seehorse Video wrote:
"Susette" wrote in message
On Oct 1, 3:05?pm, SteveFLL...
Forum: Cruises September 24th, 2009, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 96
Posted By J Carnaghie
Whale impaled by cruise ship!

Nonny wrote:

"Dillon Pyron" wrote in message
[Default] Thus spake Jack Hamilton :

On...
Forum: Cruises September 14th, 2009, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 82
Posted By J Carnaghie
Dialysis Cruises

Marsha wrote:
Jack Hamilton wrote:
On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 11:34:48 -0700, MelB wrote:

My wife and I would like to take a cruisb. The problem is that I need
dialysis 3...
Forum: Cruises September 10th, 2009, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 96
Posted By J Carnaghie
Speaking of laundry facilities (was Room Service Question)

Tom K wrote:
"J Carnaghie" wrote in message

Tom K wrote:
"J Carnaghie" wrote in...
Forum: Cruises September 10th, 2009, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises

Tom K wrote:
"J Carnaghie" wrote in message
You can always get quarters from either the pursers office or from a
change...
Forum: Cruises September 9th, 2009, 05:51 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 96
Posted By J Carnaghie
Speaking of laundry facilities (was Room Service Question)

Marcia R. wrote:
Tom K wrote:
"Marcia R." wrote in message

IIRC, the machines took 6 quarters each load. ...
Forum: Cruises September 5th, 2009, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 25
Posted By J Carnaghie
Verizon to drop Newsgroup Services

Thanks to all who responded with advice on better news reader services
than Google.
I've found a reasonable service, and look forward to being around for a
while.
Cheers,
John in LALALand (On...
Forum: Cruises January 28th, 2009, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 13
Posted By J Carnaghie
request for bids/info

JohnT wrote:
"Kate" wrote in message

Looking for information and bids for the...
Forum: Cruises January 21st, 2009, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 17
Posted By J Carnaghie
Cruise air

Ray Goldenberg wrote:
On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 19:48:51 -0500, Rosalie B.
wrote:

I can get a direct flight on SAS from IAD to Copenhagen, or one
through Zurich on...
Forum: Cruises January 18th, 2009, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 49
Posted By J Carnaghie
Elderly couple fall off cruise ship

Nonnymus wrote:
Patricia Martin Steward wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 05:11:38 -0500, Brian K
wrote:

Has anyone checked to see if either had a...
Forum: Cruises January 13th, 2009, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 1
Posted By J Carnaghie
San Diego to Alaska - ?

Is it possible to sail from San Diego and
disembark in Alaska? Or even do a San Diego to
Alaska to Vancouver?
Every time I try to set one of these trips up it
seems I run into the dreaded...
Forum: Cruises January 6th, 2009, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 24
Posted By J Carnaghie
water

Nonnymus wrote:

After all the talk about bottled water, let me confess to one of the
most stupid, hair brained, potentially vacation ending, idiotic things I
ever did on a cruise. It was...
Forum: Cruises January 6th, 2009, 09:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 24
Posted By J Carnaghie
water

number6 wrote:

On Jan 6, 2:51 pm, Nonnymus wrote:

Well, I ate it. The kids were trying to discourage me, but Mrs. Nonny
kept telling them to be quiet and telling me to...
Forum: Cruises January 6th, 2009, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 24
Posted By J Carnaghie
water