Showing results 1 to 25 of 58
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Cesar Neri[_1_]
Forum: USA & Canada November 10th, 2006, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 15
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
How do people successfully lose weight and keep it off

I thought eating celery resulted in "negative calories". According to the
website below "an 8-inch stalk of celery contains approximately 6 calories
but the mere act of digesting said stalk burns...
Forum: Europe November 10th, 2006, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
Travel between Barcelona Airport (BCN) and Girona/Reus

I would look into renting a car for pickup at BCN and dropoff at either
Girona or Reus. I'm not sure how much it would cost but it would certainly
provide convenience depending on your schedule and...
Forum: USA & Canada October 31st, 2006, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 5
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
Boston Resorts - anniversary ideas

Since this is an anniversary, I think it would be more romantic to drive
south and spend time in Newport, RI or Falmouth, Cape Code, MA, just to name
two. Both are about an hour and a half from...
Forum: USA & Canada October 17th, 2006, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 100
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
U.S. visitors to Canada: Passport required?

After reading all the responses to your query, there are so many differing
opinions that it made me question why anyone would even dare travel to
Canada without a passport. It's not worth the risk...
Forum: Europe October 13th, 2006, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 15
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
Country side around Rome ?

wrote in message

Cesar Neri wrote:
I would definitely recommend a day trip to Orvieto, an ancient Etruscan...
Forum: Europe October 13th, 2006, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 15
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
Country side around Rome ?

I would definitely recommend a day trip to Orvieto, an ancient Etruscan city
perched on top of a hill. It's about an hour from Rome by train and is
halfway between Rome and Florence. Really enjoyed...
Forum: Europe October 12th, 2006, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 22
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
Just returned from Dresden

I was on a European trip a few years ago when I visited Prague, Dresden and
Berlin. Flew into Prague, and took a train from Prague to Dresden and from
Dresden to Berlin. Flew back from Berlin.

My...
Forum: Europe October 11th, 2006, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
tickets to vatican museum

I would go with a private group tour. Use google and search for "Vatican
private tours". Some of these tours are allowed to enter the museum about
half an hour or an hour ahead of the opening for...
Forum: Europe October 10th, 2006, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 9
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
Buying Cell Phone Simm chips in Germany, France, Austria, Italy

I would buy a prepaid SIM card that can be recharged by going to any news
stand and buying a recharge card. I have used Vodafone in the past and have
not had any problems.

Forum: Caribbean October 3rd, 2006, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 7
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
Aruba

I have to ask the perfunctory question: what was the word on the street
about Natalie?

wrote in message
Forum: Europe October 3rd, 2006, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 26
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
Car Overheated

Your elementary school English teacher would be proud. :)

"David Bennetts" wrote in message

Forum: Europe October 3rd, 2006, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 26
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
Car Overheated

Actually, most cars in the US still do have the mechanical fans. This does
not imply however, that electric fans are anything new. Your logic is
impeccable. :)

"Keith Willshaw"...
Forum: Europe October 3rd, 2006, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 26
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
Car Overheated

Because there are a lot of itchy-fingered keyboard warriors who just post
wily-nily unencumbered by any rational thought process or by any half-way
decent comprehension of what posters are trying...
Forum: Europe October 2nd, 2006, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 26
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
Car Overheated

If in fact everything was "rather clear", your response stating that
"Electric cooling fans have been standard for at least a decade." was just a
total disconnect from the post because what word or...
Forum: Europe October 2nd, 2006, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 26
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
Car Overheated

Yes indeed. My old Fiat 128 had one. However, your ability to read post and
comprehend what you're reading leaves a lot of be desired. What I was
alluding to is that if you do a google search, you...
Forum: Europe October 2nd, 2006, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 26
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
Car Overheated

If do a google search on "Peugeot 206 overheating", you'll find many
entries. One possible problem with this car is that it's got an electric
cooling fan that's supposed to turn on when the water...
Forum: Air travel September 29th, 2006, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 7
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
Airline Frequent Flyer Programs

If you read his post carefully, he did say that they were just following the
rules for award tickets but he was hoping that they would bend the rules a
little since these were "extraordinary"...
Forum: Europe September 27th, 2006, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
new charming B&B in Piedmont

Not a problem. If you are using IE, right click and choose "Translate Page
into English". The translation may be a bit coarse but it is intelligible.

"Bob Barnett" wrote...
Forum: Caribbean September 25th, 2006, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 8
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
Duty Free Liquor Warning

This is all probably just a matter of luck and how "gentle" or "rough" those
baggage handlers are. A few weeks ago, I flew Southwest from SFO to BWI and
a buddy of mine wrapped 2 bottles of...
Forum: USA & Canada September 21st, 2006, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 15
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
Travelling Without Passport

AMEN!

On 2006-09-20 16:40:40 -0400, "Cesar Neri" said:

You're...
Forum: Europe September 21st, 2006, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 9
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
Four Seasons Are In Spaland.

Actually, the Czech Republic also claims to be the ultimate "Spaland" as you
put it; the most famous one of course being Carlsbad or Karlovy Vary.

"Spaland" wrote in...
Forum: USA & Canada September 20th, 2006, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 15
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
Travelling Without Passport

You're probably right that it's probably not that risky but all it takes is
one time that you get detained and questioned, especially in the current
environment, and you will change your tune. ...
Forum: USA & Canada September 20th, 2006, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 15
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
Travelling Without Passport

Why even bother trying to travel without a passport in the current milieu.
It seems to risky. Why don't you just renew the passport and be done with
it. Does it take that long for renewal in...
Forum: Europe September 13th, 2006, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 272
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
McDonald's Doing GREAT In Europe...

I have a feeling this is NOT strictly a European phenomenon. Anyone who's
been in Tangiers, Morocco, for example, will see official-looking seemingly
government-installed signs to McDonalds, side...
Forum: USA & Canada September 5th, 2006, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 25
Posted By Cesar Neri[_1_]
Bewa Waiters Adding Tip to Your Credit Card Tab

Actually, if you read my original post, I did say that th $160 already
INCLUDED a 20% tip.

"dioxide45" wrote in message...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 58