Showing results 1 to 25 of 202
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike....
Forum: Europe December 6th, 2007, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc
Replies: 237
Posted By Mike....
Smokers are killing the planet

Following up to "tam" wrote:

We were seated at a long bench with neandertals all drinking bottled beer
and smashing their empties on the table.

Why?
--...
Forum: Europe December 6th, 2007, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc
Replies: 237
Posted By Mike....
Smokers are killing the planet

Following up to "tam" wrote:

Sorry, why sit there with them?
--
The venue [folk concert}was packed being young we failed to spot our
companions

Following up to Tim C. wrote:

Have we got time? I once followed a Dutch car up a mountain road in
France. He indicated at every hairpin. I nearly fell off laughing.

my...
Forum: Europe December 6th, 2007, 11:43 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc
Replies: 237
Posted By Mike....
Smokers are killing the planet

Following up to Doesn't Frequently Mop
wrote:

its a great mistake to believe the will of the people (democracy) is
always right. Hanging and gay and...
Forum: Europe December 6th, 2007, 11:39 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 344
Posted By Mike....
Advice on driving to Spain.

Following up to Doesn't Frequently Mop
wrote:

Spanish drivers certainly dont. Italian drivers are poor but I didnt
notice much speed.

I wonder what...
Forum: Europe December 6th, 2007, 08:24 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc

wrote:

We were seated at a long bench with neandertals all drinking bottled beer
and smashing their empties...
Forum: Europe December 6th, 2007, 08:24 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc
Replies: 237
Posted By Mike....
Smokers are killing the planet

Following up to Doesn't Frequently Mop
wrote:

thats not a reason for state intervention in our free will.

Indeed it's not, but the will of the people...
Forum: Europe December 6th, 2007, 08:21 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 344
Posted By Mike....
Advice on driving to Spain.

Following up to Doesn't Frequently Mop
wrote:

Also, "pretend every other driver is an idiot, doesnt use his mirrors
and is on the phone and drunk"....
Forum: Europe December 6th, 2007, 08:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 344
Posted By Mike....
Advice on driving to Spain.

Following up to Doesn't Frequently Mop
wrote:

Oddly, I am very nervous in a car, but feel just fine on a motorbike.
That is of course irrational, as...
Forum: Europe December 6th, 2007, 08:15 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 344
Posted By Mike....
Advice on driving to Spain.

Following up to Peter wrote:

Spanish drivers certainly dont. Italian drivers are poor but I didnt
notice much speed. UK drivers are as fast as anywhere. I think theres
Forum: Europe December 6th, 2007, 08:09 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 606
Posted By Mike....
is this true about US forking habits?

Following up to Mike.... wrote:

theres one sensible way to get round Soho, walk!

I tried to see what area they cover and instead found:-

"When the rickshaws...
Forum: Europe December 6th, 2007, 07:53 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 27
Posted By Mike....
sacred familia (sp?) barcelona bags

Following up to PeterL wrote:

What's "airline hanf luggage type bags"?

you dont know??????
--
Mike
Remove clothing to email

Following up to "tam" wrote:

We were seated at a long bench with neandertals all drinking bottled beer
and smashing their empties on the table.

Why?
--
Mike
Remove...
Forum: Europe December 6th, 2007, 07:52 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc
Replies: 237
Posted By Mike....
Smokers are killing the planet

Following up to Doesn't Frequently Mop
wrote:

I think that cigarettes should be banned, because they have no
benefits, and numerous risks.

thats not a...
Forum: Europe December 6th, 2007, 07:51 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc
Replies: 237
Posted By Mike....
Smokers are killing the planet

Following up to "Andy Pandy"
wrote:

Oh, now it's addiction is it, not the fact that it causes cancer. You
wrote "cigarettes cause cancer yet they are...
Forum: Europe December 6th, 2007, 07:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 344
Posted By Mike....
Advice on driving to Spain.

Following up to Doesn't Frequently Mop
wrote:

My driving instructor years ago gave me the best advice ever. He said
while you are warming your car/bike...
Forum: Europe December 6th, 2007, 07:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 344
Posted By Mike....
Advice on driving to Spain.

Following up to Doesn't Frequently Mop
wrote:

After being innocently involved in several major crashes one worries.

Oddly, I am very nervous in a...
Forum: Europe December 6th, 2007, 07:47 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 344
Posted By Mike....
Advice on driving to Spain.

Following up to Mike Lane wrote:

I find driving on normal roads in UK far scarier, the number of people who
risk their lives overtaking blind for no obvious reason is...
Forum: Europe December 6th, 2007, 07:45 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 344
Posted By Mike....
Advice on driving to Spain.

Following up to Mike Lane wrote:

French/Spanish/Italian/Belgian/German drivers all driving everywhere like
lunatics at 100 mph are just traveller's tales - good for a laugh but...
Forum: Europe December 6th, 2007, 07:42 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 93
Posted By Mike....
Tourist expenses in the UK?

Following up to Doesn't Frequently Mop
wrote:

The real raison d'etre is to be a better traveller than the guy
you are replying to.

then i'm the...
Forum: Europe December 6th, 2007, 07:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 606
Posted By Mike....
is this true about US forking habits?

Following up to (Jim Ley) wrote:

the black cabs do know where they are going, rickshaws? Probably not
would be my guess, I bet they wont go south of the river.

Erm, no, but...
Forum: Europe December 5th, 2007, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 27
Posted By Mike....
sacred familia (sp?) barcelona bags

can you take airline hanf luggage type bags with you or is there a
security control problem?
--
Mike
Remove clothing to email

Following up to AZ Nomad wrote:

"worry" no. Drive defensively, yes.
they're the same thing.

worry is a state of nervous apprehension, I dont have that when...
Forum: Europe December 5th, 2007, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 344
Posted By Mike....
Advice on driving to Spain.

Following up to (David Horne, _the_ chancellor
(*)) wrote:

Who the hell sets out worrying about accidents?

Every sensible driver, I'd have thought.

"worry" no. Drive...
Forum: Europe December 5th, 2007, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 344
Posted By Mike....
Advice on driving to Spain.

Following up to Doesn't Frequently Mop
wrote:

And when you're driving, it's so safe after all.

Being in control is another motorist's...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 202