Showing results 1 to 25 of 64
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: G&G
Forum: Caribbean February 22nd, 2008, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 3
Posted By G&G
Best All-Inclusive in Caribbean?

Which one? I hear Grand Lido, Couples, Sandals, etc.
What are the differences?
Forum: Cruises January 29th, 2008, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 0
Posted By G&G
No Windjammers - Replacement

What other tall ships sail the Caribbean that are similar to Windjammers?
I've very very familiar with Star Clippers.
Forum: Caribbean January 29th, 2008, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 2
Posted By G&G
St. Thomas to Buck Island

We chartered a sail boat with a capt. and sailed there. Lots of fun.
wrote in message
I will be...
Forum: Caribbean January 21st, 2008, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 4
Posted By G&G
Costa Rica Trip Report

Enjoyed your trip report on Costa Rica. We've been there 5 times, but it
has been about 3 years since the last trip. I want to go back!
Pura Vida,
"k" wrote in...
Forum: Latin America December 19th, 2007, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 2
Posted By G&G
Costa Rica - Looking for tour groups

Check out Carovan tours.
Pura Vida,
"farm girl" wrote in message
Hi all,

My sister & I (middle aged...
Forum: Cruises October 6th, 2007, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 4
Posted By G&G
Windjammer

I am so sad that Windjammer is going bust. We've sailed on their ships 5
times and had fabulous trips. It was a great way to introduce wanna be
sailors to the sea. We last sailed on the Poly in...
Forum: Cruises September 9th, 2007, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 5
Posted By G&G
St. Martin's recommendations

Great dining all over the island. Gambling in Phillipsburg; Clothing
optional beach at Orient Bay; Shopping everywhere, mall in Marigot. Lots of
traffic on the little island now...
Forum: Cruises September 8th, 2007, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 1
Posted By G&G
Star Clippers

Beat the travel agents on this one, and boy! do we ever have them on this
site!
Star Clippers will build a 518 ft. long sailing ship, 37 sails, 5 masts.
48% larger than the Royal Clipper. 296...
Forum: All-inclusive Resorts September 6th, 2007, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive
Replies: 14
Posted By G&G
[Admin] I think it's time to end this group

I have to agree with you. Unfortunate tho. We love all-inclusives and wish
this site would get more beneficial posts.
G.
"David E. Bath" wrote in message...
Forum: Caribbean July 23rd, 2007, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 5
Posted By G&G
I'm a traveler, but not a diver.

Not much. You can swim with the stingrays, shop, spend a lot of money.
GNW
wrote in message
My wife and I...
Forum: Cruises July 19th, 2007, 09:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 6
Posted By G&G
Cruise ship reviews

What is the best web site for getting cruise ship reviews?
We are going sailing next year in the Med on either Royal Clipper or one of
the Windstar's and can't make up our mind. Thanks.
Pura...
Forum: All-inclusive Resorts July 11th, 2007, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive
Replies: 4
Posted By G&G
Grand Lido Negril or Couples?

Which is the best?
Forum: Cruises July 11th, 2007, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 0
Posted By G&G
Discovery World Cruises/Voyages of Discovery

It appears this is a one-ship cruise line, but the itineraries are
fantastic. Anyone have any experience with them?
Forum: Cruises July 10th, 2007, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 1
Posted By G&G
Windstar?

We are considering a cruise on the Med. next year on one of the ships in the
Windstar line? How are these ships since Holland America bought them?
We love the Star Clipper, but sometimes got tire...
Forum: Cruises June 4th, 2007, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 31
Posted By G&G
Alaska Questions

Sure. Take your bug repellent, jacket, and don't expect to see as much snow
or waterfalls.
Pura Vida,
"Jeri Hurst" wrote in message...
Forum: Latin America June 4th, 2007, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 15
Posted By G&G
here is my Costa Rica Vacation Plan, feedback needed

Forget the Caribbean Coast. Nasty.
Other than that, check out:
Aernal Lodge
Hotel Sugar Beach (near Playa Flamingo)
Hotel Costa Verde (Quepos) - Still more monkeys than people.
Too bad you are...
Forum: Latin America June 2nd, 2007, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By G&G
Costa Rica Vacation

Check out www.vrbo.com
Vacation rentals by owner
Great way to really experience C.R.
Pura Vida,
G.
Forum: Cruises May 19th, 2007, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 1
Posted By G&G
The "Gold Coast" of Costa Rica

We love Costa Rica and DON'T want cruise ships ruining it.
Pura Vida,
wrote in message
Hopefully more cruise...
Forum: Latin America May 11th, 2007, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 3
Posted By G&G
pan american highway

We've traveled on it several times in Costa Rica.
Lots of traffic, big trucks, crazy drivers, potholes.
Renting a car isn't that much more than in the U.S., but the insurance
coverage is a must and...
Forum: Latin America April 13th, 2007, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 5
Posted By G&G
Travel advice for Costa Rica

I'd e-mail the Aernal Lodge about the cost of a shuttle or taxi from Liberia
airport.
We usually rent a SUV from one of the U.S. companies. Some of the roads are
a bit difficult for a car, but it...
Forum: Caribbean March 4th, 2007, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 3
Posted By G&G
Cayman Restaurants?

Just take lots of money.
"Charlie F" wrote in message
Planning a week trip to Grand Cayman. Any restaurant ...
Forum: Cruises March 1st, 2007, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By G&G
Is Costa Rica safe for cruisers?

Limon is a nasty place. We've been to CR 5 times tho and really love the
country. Limon is populated by Jamaican's that came there to work. The
Ticos are friendly, clean, educated and warm.
I'd...
Forum: Latin America February 2nd, 2007, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 1
Posted By G&G
Costa Rica Rental House in Tamarindo

If you are looking for a house or condo to rent, go to
www.vrbo.com
(Vacation rentals by owner)
Pura Vida,
"Candyman" wrote in message...
Forum: Caribbean January 22nd, 2007, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 5
Posted By G&G
Advice on long term rental

Consider Costa Rica. Check out www.vrbo.com
They handle vacation rentals by owners all over the world.
Pura Vida,
"Richard" wrote in message...
Forum: Latin America November 9th, 2006, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 3
Posted By G&G
Need some travel advice regarding costa rica

We've been to Costa Rica 5 times, always towards the end of Nov. which is a
great time to go. Rates are still low, and the heavy rains are starting to
go.
I can recommend a great B&B in San...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 64