Showing results 1 to 25 of 27
Search took 1.19 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jan[_6_]
Forum: Travel - anything else not covered February 7th, 2010, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Jan[_6_]
Carrying a bike w/ AerLingus, Ryanair, Easyjet

"SB" wrote in message
Later this year I plan to take my Trek 1200 road bike by air from
Forum: Asia December 22nd, 2009, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 2
Posted By Jan[_6_]
Speedboat from Thailand or Laos to China up the Mekong?

Try asking on the Lonely Planet website at the Thorntree

Jan
Forum: Air travel November 17th, 2009, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By Jan[_6_]
query: how do I supply my ID details to Spain via Ryanair's website?

"robert" wrote in message
I’d be very grateful for some advice here.

I recently booked a...
Forum: Air travel October 16th, 2009, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 6
Posted By Jan[_6_]
12 days with only carry-on

wrote in message
We may take a chance and fly with only a backpack and personal bag. We
would have to wear the...
Forum: Air travel May 15th, 2008, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 52
Posted By Jan[_6_]
options traveling with Liquor

The best bet is to buy the JD wrap it real good and then pack it in
your bags.

.........or wait til you get to the UK and buy some in a supermarket or Off
Licence

Jan
Forum: Europe April 21st, 2008, 08:58 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 21
Posted By Jan[_6_]
NEED IDEAS - LONDON TRIP

Buena wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am flying to London for 9 days this second week of May. I've been to
London twice, so I did already all the tours around the city. Was
planning to visiting some...
Forum: Europe March 24th, 2008, 10:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By Jan[_6_]
recumbent query

rob wrote:
i'm thinking of building a tandem recumbent, (i have just seen the one
at www.steppebysteppe.com.au) they use a "sociable" version, but i was
actually thinking of building on in...
Forum: Air travel March 18th, 2008, 10:32 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By Jan[_6_]
KL transfer

BB wrote:
Hi,
has anyone recently used KUL airport and had to connect from the Low
Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) (Airiasia) to the main terminal (M)
(Malaysian Airlines)? Just interested to...
Forum: Asia January 8th, 2008, 01:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 1
Posted By Jan[_6_]
Avon Skin So Soft ????

Jan wrote:
Have heard of people using Skin so Soft as a Mossie repellant- never
actually met anyone who's using it !
Can anyone tell me which of the Avon range is supposed to work?
Thought it...
Forum: Asia January 8th, 2008, 12:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 1
Posted By Jan[_6_]
Avon Skin So Soft ????

Have heard of people using Skin so Soft as a Mossie repellant- never
actually met anyone who's using it !
Can anyone tell me which of the Avon range is supposed to work? Thought it
might be ok try...
Forum: Europe January 2nd, 2008, 10:39 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 51
Posted By Jan[_6_]
Expired Passport - Update

bigbrian wrote:
As the OP in the original "Expired Passport" thread, I can confirm
that I have just returned from a very enjoyable and successful trip to
Germany to celebrate New Year. Readers...
Forum: Europe December 29th, 2007, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 51
Posted By Jan[_6_]
Expired passport

As a follow up to my original message, I've contacted the German
Border Control Police at Dusseldorf Airport, who say they don't have
a problem - on arrival I'll have to complete a form for...
Forum: Europe December 23rd, 2007, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By Jan[_6_]
Cheap eats in Manchester

David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:
Jan wrote:

Mum and I are coming up to Manchester in March for World Track
Championships, staying at Ancoats Travelodge for...
Forum: Europe December 22nd, 2007, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By Jan[_6_]
Cheap eats in Manchester

Mum and I are coming up to Manchester in March for World Track
Championships, staying at Ancoats Travelodge for the week.
Need to find cafes for hearty late breakfast or early Lunch before heading...
Forum: Asia December 18th, 2007, 12:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 1
Posted By Jan[_6_]
Burj al Arab Dubai- eating info please

Daughter wants to eat at Burj Al Arab during our visit to Dubai in March.
So as a once in a lifetime treat, our first thoughts were thinking of
having afternnon tea, then someone suggested the...
Forum: Europe December 1st, 2007, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 93
Posted By Jan[_6_]
Tourist expenses in the UK?

Bob Fusillo wrote:
"
Obviously not. A sample hirer wanted 80 pounds more for pick up in
Dover, drop off at Heathrow over picking up and returning to Central
London. Plus the fact that...
Forum: Europe November 22nd, 2007, 11:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By Jan[_6_]
Info wanted COLOGNE - wifi

Martin wrote:
On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 10:26:55 -0000, "Jan"
wrote:

Are there free wifi hotspots in Cologne city centre? Especially
around the area near the Alstadt?...
Forum: Europe November 22nd, 2007, 10:26 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By Jan[_6_]
Info wanted COLOGNE - wifi

Are there free wifi hotspots in Cologne city centre? Especially around the
area near the Alstadt? Are they fairly easy to find?

Thanks
Jan
Forum: Europe November 15th, 2007, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 270
Posted By Jan[_6_]
Traveling to London in February

Doesn't Frequently Mop wrote:
Make credence recognised that on Thu, 15 Nov 2007 11:43:02 -0700,
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" has scripted:

This may be off-topic,...
Forum: Europe November 14th, 2007, 08:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 28
Posted By Jan[_6_]
4 days and a car in the south of Spain

Mike.. wrote:
Following up to Romeo Raabe wrote:

"Would advise you prebook your Alhambra visit for Sunday AM."
This is news to me, do I need to prebook a visit to the...
Forum: Europe November 14th, 2007, 11:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 28
Posted By Jan[_6_]
4 days and a car in the south of Spain

Romeo Raabe wrote:
On Nov 14, 3:45 am, Mike.. wrote:
Following up to (David Horne, _the_ chancellor

(*)) wrote:
Whatever, there's...
Forum: Air travel November 13th, 2007, 12:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4,401
Posted By Jan[_6_]
Tipping in USA/Canada

Qanset wrote:
Dennis P. Harris wrote:
On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 21:29:14 +1100 in rec.travel.air, Qanset
wrote:

I'm going to cop a lot of flak on this subject, but never...
Forum: Europe November 9th, 2007, 08:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Jan[_6_]
O/T Help finding accom. Marrakech and Tangiers

tim (back at home) wrote:
"Jan" wrote in message
OK I know its not Europe !!!
However I think I'm more likely to get the...
Forum: Europe November 8th, 2007, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Jan[_6_]
O/T Help finding accom. Marrakech and Tangiers

OK I know its not Europe !!!
However I think I'm more likely to get the help I need here than on other
NGs.

My Malaysian friends have emailed to say that they are coming over to the UK
in...
Forum: Europe November 5th, 2007, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By Jan[_6_]
Barcelona info

Romeo Raabe wrote:
March 1st we will make a one day stop in Barcelona to change planes
and see two things prior to heading to the south and warm weather for
a week. We arrive about 5PM and...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27