Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jeff Lanam
Forum: USA & Canada January 8th, 2012, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 1
Posted By Jeff Lanam
gps in costa rica

On 12/26/2011 12:42 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 07:28:59 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I'm in Costa Rica on vacation and didn't realize that my...
Forum: USA & Canada October 12th, 2011, 07:36 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 30
Posted By Jeff Lanam
Road trip USA Nat'l parks

On 10/10/2011 6:33 AM, Panawe wrote:
Hi,

Advice please. I am planning a road trip (fly-drive from UK and stay in
hotels/motels) to the western US next year and I have a number of
Forum: USA & Canada May 21st, 2008, 05:55 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 6
Posted By Jeff Lanam
Western Canada Itinerary

Gene Brabston wrote:
Fly to Calgary 7/3/08 ten days fly out from Calgary 7/13
Suggested itinerary for two? Have never been to western Canada.

Thanks,

Gene

If you are interested...
Forum: Air travel April 30th, 2008, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 9
Posted By Jeff Lanam
Chicago Hotel

Robert Neville wrote:
"JohnT" wrote:

"Expensive" is a relative term. I like the Palmer House and I am sure that
you could get a good deal there at short...
Forum: Asia March 3rd, 2008, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 13
Posted By Jeff Lanam
Tourist Visa for Cuba

wrote:
As a matter of interest, when did Cuba become part of Asia? Or of
Europe? And it has not really been part of the USA since 1959. So
why is this query...
Forum: Caribbean March 3rd, 2008, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 13
Posted By Jeff Lanam
Tourist Visa for Cuba

wrote:
As a matter of interest, when did Cuba become part of Asia? Or of
Europe? And it has not really been part of the USA since 1959. So
why is this query...
Forum: Europe March 3rd, 2008, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 16
Posted By Jeff Lanam
Tourist Visa for Cuba

wrote:
As a matter of interest, when did Cuba become part of Asia? Or of
Europe? And it has not really been part of the USA since 1959. So
why is this query...
Forum: Latin America March 3rd, 2008, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 13
Posted By Jeff Lanam
Tourist Visa for Cuba

wrote:
As a matter of interest, when did Cuba become part of Asia? Or of
Europe? And it has not really been part of the USA since 1959. So
why is this query...
Forum: USA & Canada March 3rd, 2008, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 13
Posted By Jeff Lanam
Tourist Visa for Cuba

wrote:
As a matter of interest, when did Cuba become part of Asia? Or of
Europe? And it has not really been part of the USA since 1959. So
why is this query...
Forum: USA & Canada February 25th, 2008, 07:42 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 14
Posted By Jeff Lanam
Starbucks or McDonalds wifi?

wrote:
We will be travelling (camping by tent) in Rockies (Denver -
Yellowstone - Bryce - Grand Canyon - Arizona - New Mexico - Denver)
this summer. I want to use my laptop...
Forum: USA & Canada November 30th, 2007, 07:58 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 19
Posted By Jeff Lanam
Travelling to San Francisco (and Las Vegas?)

Hatunen wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:48:44 -0800, "Mimi" wrote:

Where is the Junipero Serra Freeway "up on stilts"? The only
place I can think of is downtown east of US-101,...
Forum: USA & Canada October 26th, 2007, 03:15 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 5
Posted By Jeff Lanam
Christmas in San Francisco

wrote:
My wife and I are considering a trip to the Bay Area during Christmas
week. Is anything open on Christmas Day? Do things close early on
12/24? Is Chinatown open?
Forum: USA & Canada May 26th, 2007, 10:40 AM Posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 36
Posted By Jeff Lanam
Question about Indianapolis IN -- San Jose, CA route

223rem wrote:
Here's what I'm planning:

Indianpolis -- Lincoln NE 11 hours
Lincoln NE -- Salt Lake City UT 11 hours
Salt Lake -- San Jose CA 11 hours

I think those times are too short...
Forum: USA & Canada May 20th, 2007, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 5
Posted By Jeff Lanam
Brownsville,Tx/South Padre - rent a jeep?

k wrote:
Is there a place in Brownsville where I can rent a Jeep for a week? I'd
prefer airport pickup, but none of the car rental sites are helping me. I
just want something to drive on...
Forum: USA & Canada April 30th, 2007, 05:20 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 15
Posted By Jeff Lanam
SF in August without A/C?

wrote:

I am trying to choose a San Francisco hotel for a visit in August. Many
of my top choices don't feature air conditioning. I know SF to be a
pretty cool and...
Forum: USA & Canada March 29th, 2007, 07:29 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 9
Posted By Jeff Lanam
San Jose to Kings Canyon/Sequoia

wrote:
Hi,
For this coming Easter Weekend in April, we plan to make a driving
trip from San Jose to Kings Canyon, then Sequoia NPs and LA as the
final destination. We...
Forum: USA & Canada January 1st, 2007, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 19
Posted By Jeff Lanam
Lake Tahoe tips, pls!

wrote:
In article ,
Jeff Lanam wrote:
First off, you should recognize that there are two distinct areas...
Forum: USA & Canada December 31st, 2006, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 19
Posted By Jeff Lanam
Lake Tahoe tips, pls!

Luciano wrote:
I'm planning to go to Lake Tahoe late February/early March. Main
purpose is to enjoy the nature and the bauty of the region. I'd
appreciate if anyone could give me some tips....
Forum: USA & Canada November 17th, 2006, 05:57 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 3
Posted By Jeff Lanam
4th July Sacramento

PeterL wrote:
wrote:
Hi, we are touring California next year and our itinerary takes us
around Sacramento on Independence Day. We would like to take in the
celebrations...
Forum: Europe November 9th, 2006, 08:18 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 18
Posted By Jeff Lanam
The British right to roam - or get lost

The Reid wrote:

Cant you walk anywhere you choose in state and national parks?

Generally in state and national parks you are required to stick
to marked trails, for safety as well as controlling...
Forum: USA & Canada August 24th, 2006, 06:06 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 368
Posted By Jeff Lanam
Bilingual in Europe versus USA

spamfree wrote:
]
Name one area in the USA where bilingual means anything other than
English & Spanish. The various Chinatowns might be the only
exception, but I don't remember that being...
Forum: Europe August 24th, 2006, 06:06 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 400

]