Showing results 1 to 25 of 225
Search took 1.60 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gadget World
Forum: Cruises April 14th, 2013, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 4
Posted By Gadget World
Ft lauderdale Beach Hotel

Do you need a hotel for your pre or post cruise stay?

I have a two day stay at the B Hotel at Sunrise Blvd and the beach.

What am I offered?

Gadget
Forum: Cruises January 12th, 2013, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 21
Posted By Gadget World
Dec 2012 Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Review

Charles,

I would not say you're senile. You just don't know how to read!

I said that Diamond+ members tell me that once they reach Diamond+, they
go for the cheapest cruise as they no longer get...
Forum: Cruises January 8th, 2013, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 1
Posted By Gadget World
You can't be indepebdent if you drive to the Independence

Terminal 29 at Port Everglades is a disaster for boarding, parking and
leaving the port.

The parking lot on the roof is used only for the porters, all other have
to park at Midport and take a...
Forum: Cruises January 8th, 2013, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 21
Posted By Gadget World
Dec 2012 Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Review

The tipping vouchers were a great idea and we too miss them.

I have been on the Allure and Oasis dozens of times and have not found
them crowded except when they have the boat drill.

I don't look...
Forum: Cruises October 8th, 2012, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 0
Posted By Gadget World
Visits To Cuba

All we have to do is watch the Venezuelans living in Florida traveling
to New Orleans to vote Chavez out of office to see where the US is
heading!

Venezuela was Latin America's best economy with...
Forum: Cruises October 7th, 2012, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 12
Posted By Gadget World
Visits To Cuba

If the current administration in the US wins, you won't have to leave to
go to Cuba, as the USA will become Cuba.

I just got back and it is sad how the people live in poverty, but they
don't know...
Forum: Cruises July 29th, 2012, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 1
Posted By Gadget World
Cruise with WAY REMOTE stops

I've been to them all and love going back to French Polyanesia,
Valpariso Chile, and Easter Island. The other ports are mostly visited
on world cruises, and are quiet withou the big tourist...
Forum: Cruises July 23rd, 2012, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 19
Posted By Gadget World
Roll Call

The only way to see St Petersburg is with a private guide.

I had been there many times and wasted valuable hours on lines with
thousands of other cruise passengers.

Finally I hired a guide and got...
Forum: Cruises July 18th, 2012, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 1
Posted By Gadget World
Saga Ruby, last cruise ship built in UK, to retire

The Vistafjord became the first 5+ star rated cruise ship under
Norwegian American President Howard Fine in 1982.

He later sold the line to Cunard for 250% greater profit than the
previous...
Forum: Cruises April 28th, 2012, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 8
Posted By Gadget World
Review of staterooms/cabins on ships....

The worst cabins and suites are the most expensive.

They are located in the top passenger deck, just below the pool deck and
buffet.

You pay top dollar for this deck and get noise from walking...
Forum: Cruises March 27th, 2012, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By Gadget World
cruises are scames?????

The only misleading info is the first and last day in a hotel, resort or
cruise.

Because you can't occupy the room while the last guy is still there and
it takes time to clean it, boarding is late...
Forum: Cruises March 1st, 2012, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 8
Posted By Gadget World
travel

The discounts fr military are small as is the discounts for seniors,
etc.

What I want to know is where do all the suites goat the last minute?

They must give them away to some large...
Forum: Cruises February 22nd, 2012, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By Gadget World
Did any of you also watch The Italian Ship Disaster onNational Geographic?

This sounds like the same video that was on the
discovery channel.

The life boats are not a design flaw, just a gravity flaw. When the life
boat is resting on the hull it will not lower to the...
Forum: Cruises January 25th, 2012, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 14
Posted By Gadget World
Brave move?

I think that Royal Caribbean and Celebrity made a brace move by writing
to their agents, and frequent guests, explaining their sympathy for the
families and friends of the victims of the Concordia...
Forum: Cruises January 17th, 2012, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 34
Posted By Gadget World
Costa Concordia water tight comparments

Unfortunately, the damage to the ship's hull affected many of the water
tight compartments.

The ship can be righted by use of inflatable balloons, but this may not
be practical with the damaged...
Forum: Cruises January 16th, 2012, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 34
Posted By Gadget World
Costa Concordia taking on water off of Italy

The hit may not be that big.

The cruise contract limits liability to $75,000 per person for injuries
and loss of life.

Naturally the suits will be for far greater figures plus...
Forum: Cruises January 15th, 2012, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 34
Posted By Gadget World
Costa Concordia taking on water off of Italy

Prediction:

Carnival stock will drop like a lead balloon on Tuesday. Sell early!

All cruise lines will suffer as no matter what explanation is given no
excuse is acceptable.

If the ship lost power...
[...]

Forum: Cruises December 15th, 2011, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 15
Posted By Gadget World
fleet standards

Charles

You look great "hanging out" at Orient Beach

Gadget
Forum: Cruises December 15th, 2011, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 15
Posted By Gadget World
fleet standards

I guess Sophie underestimated, just how spoiled this group is.

Although I am Pinnacle, and book a suite I still eat breakfast in the
dining room and sit at a regular table. I like my hot items hot...
Forum: Cruises December 14th, 2011, 03:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 15
Posted By Gadget World
fleet standards

Not only is every ship different, but every cruise is also different.

On RCCL Diamond + is welcome at the concierge Club, and they do open
another room for spill-over traffic.

The problem with the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 225