Showing results 1 to 25 of 54
Search took 0.43 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: sharkbait999
Forum: Asia September 16th, 2006, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 9
Posted By sharkbait999
vietnam experts pls help

tile wrote:
I am planning the following trip to Vietnam
I have about 3 weeks time
Hanoi
Halong Bay
Sapa
Hue
Hoian
Danang
Nhatrang
Forum: Cruises September 14th, 2006, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 51
Posted By sharkbait999
Hello

Barb wrote:

but like to have fun.

I don't think you and your husband have much to fear! If any ship
movement (up or down) is something that will concern you, try and pick a
cabin in the...
Forum: Cruises September 14th, 2006, 03:46 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 51
Posted By sharkbait999
Hello

Barb wrote:

but like to have fun.

I don't think you and your husband have much to fear! If any ship
movement (up or down) is something that will concern you, try and pick a
cabin in the...
Forum: Cruises September 14th, 2006, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 51
Posted By sharkbait999
Hello

Barb wrote:

but like to have fun.

I don't think you and your husband have much to fear! If any ship
movement (up or down) is something that will concern you, try and pick a
cabin in the...
Forum: Cruises September 14th, 2006, 03:42 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 51
Posted By sharkbait999
Hello

Barb wrote:

but like to have fun.

I don't think you and your husband have much to fear! If any ship
movement (up or down) is something that will concern you, try and pick a
cabin in the...
Forum: Cruises September 14th, 2006, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 51
Posted By sharkbait999
Hello

Barb wrote:

but like to have fun.

I don't think you and your husband have much to fear! If any ship
movement (up or down) is something that will concern you, try and pick a
cabin in the...
Forum: Asia September 7th, 2006, 12:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 2
Posted By sharkbait999
Cost of Double Entry VISA - Vietnam

Anyone have an official Vietnamese gov link that provides current cost
of 30 day, double entry VISA? It seems one of the official links
requires that you send an email requesting the current cost...
Forum: Air travel September 4th, 2006, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 7
Posted By sharkbait999
Important news

wrote:

We can buy all of the Chinese shoes we want at any discount store in the
US. I'll bet your Wal-Mart in China doesn't carry American shoes.

Have you ever been to...
Forum: Air travel September 4th, 2006, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 27
Posted By sharkbait999
Eating on the plane

Ralphie said:

Any one have different ideas ?

What do you do when you retire for the night? Do you set your alarm to go
off five hours after you go to bed so you can get up and eat?

You could...
Forum: Asia September 3rd, 2006, 01:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 1
Posted By sharkbait999
Travel in Dec

China is a country covering many latitudes. To answer your question, go to
the link below and pick out the cities that will include your proposed
itinerary. Select the city a view the various...
Forum: Air travel August 31st, 2006, 01:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 23
Posted By sharkbait999
Lost luggage allowance

I have a separate binder on my equipment that is lost or stolen while under
my control, which costs me $50 a year. This would include equipment stored
in my home, my car, even in my hotel room -...
Forum: Air travel August 31st, 2006, 12:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 23
Posted By sharkbait999
Lost luggage allowance

Any ideas of what extra insurance may cost per $1,000 worth of coverage for
photography equipment on a transatlantic or transpacific flight? I am sure
the gear I always carried onboard in a...
Forum: Air travel August 28th, 2006, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 76
Posted By sharkbait999
Comair Plane Crashes At Lexington

I was checking sunset and sunrise times for that area and found sunrise was
almost a full hour after the flight's scheduded takeoff. It's generally
quite dark an hour before sunrise,, especially...
Forum: Asia August 26th, 2006, 05:54 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 3
Posted By sharkbait999
La Villa Pensione Chiang Mai- need phone number

What numbers have your searches resulted in?

rg

wrote in message
to contact an old friend, need the phone number of La...
Forum: Asia August 25th, 2006, 11:22 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 14
Posted By sharkbait999
Using Strollers in Hong Kong

Having been there and done that, I feel sorry for anyone trying to negotiate
HK with strollers. I do recall lifts in MTR stations but if you travel
during peak hours, you find it very difficult...
Forum: Cruises August 24th, 2006, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 45
Posted By sharkbait999
Alaska cruise tax initiative passes!

It smacks of Alaska's politicians going after well-heeled tourists for a
good shaking down. The cruise lines will just pass it down to the cruisers,
and the cruisers will pay. The politicians have...
Forum: Asia August 20th, 2006, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 0
Posted By sharkbait999
Train or Bus - (Lau Cai) Hekou to Kunming

I hope somebody can help. I am led to believe that I can exit Vietnam from
Lao Cai, walk across the border to Hekou and catch the train to Kunming. Is
this possible? If so, I am wondering if the...
Forum: Asia August 18th, 2006, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 0
Posted By sharkbait999
Tibet - Travel Permits

Are they no longer required for tourists? I had read that they were no
longer required starting in July. Thanks.

rg
Forum: Africa August 14th, 2006, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 38
Posted By sharkbait999
Film Cameras in Checked Luggage

Yes, battery powered wrist watches make them electrical as defined by other
posters, so they would be prohibited as well. Even if you take the battery
out of the watch, it probably has a capacitor...
Forum: Asia August 14th, 2006, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 38
Posted By sharkbait999
Film Cameras in Checked Luggage

Yes, battery powered wrist watches make them electrical as defined by other
posters, so they would be prohibited as well. Even if you take the battery
out of the watch, it probably has a capacitor...
Forum: Air travel August 14th, 2006, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 38
Posted By sharkbait999
Film Cameras in Checked Luggage

Yes, battery powered wrist watches make them electrical as defined by other
posters, so they would be prohibited as well. Even if you take the battery
out of the watch, it probably has a capacitor...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand August 14th, 2006, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 38
Posted By sharkbait999
Film Cameras in Checked Luggage

Yes, battery powered wrist watches make them electrical as defined by other
posters, so they would be prohibited as well. Even if you take the battery
out of the watch, it probably has a capacitor...
Forum: Europe August 14th, 2006, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 42
Posted By sharkbait999
Film Cameras in Checked Luggage

Yes, battery powered wrist watches make them electrical as defined by other
posters, so they would be prohibited as well. Even if you take the battery
out of the watch, it probably has a capacitor...
Forum: Air travel August 14th, 2006, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 14
Posted By sharkbait999
Looking for trip reports - bottled water

The way I see it, the airlines will confiscate your water and then charge
you three bucks for one of their "approved" bottles that was loaded on the
jet by squeeky clean terrorists...
Forum: Europe August 13th, 2006, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 42
Posted By sharkbait999
Film Cameras in Checked Luggage

Larry wrote:

If you are travelling by air with a film camera, don't forget that now
all airlines require cameras to be in checked luggage, not carried on
board.

I think your blanket statement...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 54