Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Outlawpoet[_1_]
Forum: Europe November 28th, 2006, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 222
Posted By Outlawpoet[_1_]
Gifts for relatives in France - Suggestions needed

Thank you all for the great suggestions.

I'm thinking that a mix of something personal and a few little things
from New Orleans would work well. I love the ideas of family photo
books, as well as...
Forum: Europe November 27th, 2006, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 222
Posted By Outlawpoet[_1_]
Gifts for relatives in France - Suggestions needed

Hi, there.
I'll be visiting family in Toulon early in 2007 and I would like to
bring a few small gifts from the US. I'd love to bring something which
is not so readily available in France. My uncle...
Forum: USA & Canada November 24th, 2006, 07:38 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 1
Posted By Outlawpoet[_1_]
FastPass for Universal Theme Park, LA?

wrote:
Hi All,
Like Disney, does Universal Studio have anything like FastPass?
Is buying a "jump queue" ticket worth its price?
Can anyone suggest an order in which we...
Forum: Europe September 29th, 2006, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 18
Posted By Outlawpoet[_1_]
Sicily in November

Would you suggest we get a car or are the trains as good as mainland
Italy?

- The trains are good, but tend to be subject to strange holiday
schedules. We were stuck in Siracusa one night due to...
Forum: Europe August 30th, 2006, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 18
Posted By Outlawpoet[_1_]
Rome during Christmas

wrote:
Hi,

I will be in Rome during Christmas time (23-28 Dec, 06) and was
wondering if the museums would be open during that time. I got little
by Googling around and...
Forum: USA & Canada August 28th, 2006, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 15
Posted By Outlawpoet[_1_]
Vancouver to Los Angeles

Fozzy wrote:
I am in Australia and in the early stages of planning a skiing holiday in
Canada. We would also like to visit Disneyland whilst there and am thinking
about taking a week and...
Forum: USA & Canada August 26th, 2006, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 11
Posted By Outlawpoet[_1_]
Bay Area Prediction

Don Kirkman wrote:

Just where is it happening in Southern California? Having lived here
over 35 years I have yet to hear of it, aside from very small isolated
special purpose areas. Southern...
Forum: USA & Canada August 23rd, 2006, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 368
Posted By Outlawpoet[_1_]
Bilingual in Europe versus USA

spamfree wrote:
This is somewhat of a USA rant, but Europeans will understand. In
the USA, if a sign/ad includes the word bilingual, it always refers to
an ability to speak English & Spanish...
Forum: Europe August 23rd, 2006, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 400

spamfree wrote:
This is somewhat of a USA rant, but Europeans will understand. In
the USA, if a sign/ad includes the word bilingual, it always refers to
an ability to speak English & Spanish...
Forum: USA & Canada August 21st, 2006, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 26
Posted By Outlawpoet[_1_]
Food on North American Airplanes?

John Pezzano wrote:

LA to Toronto is NOT international, Canada and Quebec are, respectively, the
51st and 52nd states. They just don't know it yet - another example of
Americans who don't know...
Forum: USA & Canada August 19th, 2006, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 26
Posted By Outlawpoet[_1_]
Food on North American Airplanes?

"Sapphyre" writes:
I'll be flying Air Canada (cheapest class, whatever that is when I buy
the ticket), from Toronto to Las Vegas direct, or with one stop in
Denver. Direct is my...
Forum: USA & Canada August 18th, 2006, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 67
Posted By Outlawpoet[_1_]
Parking Ticket for USD 255, what do i do about it?

wrote:
Hi Guys, here comes the contest letter. Please give me as much advice
as possible since I am leaving U.S. on Satursday. And I need to get
this sent on Friday.... My...
Forum: USA & Canada August 16th, 2006, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 67
Posted By Outlawpoet[_1_]
Parking Ticket for USD 255, what do i do about it?

Shawn Hirn wrote:
Your best bet is to call the phone number on the ticket to ask about
expediting a hearing on it. Chances are though that you will have to pay
the ticket and if you contest it,...
Forum: USA & Canada August 15th, 2006, 07:09 PM Posted to alt.california,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 102
Posted By Outlawpoet[_1_]
America travel pointers

PeterL wrote:
ROD wrote:
My little sis is travelling to American in a few weeks with her mates and
they are doing it on the cheap. Mostly California. Mostly hostels. Maybe
hitchhiking...
Forum: USA & Canada August 14th, 2006, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 16
Posted By Outlawpoet[_1_]
Problem, Hotels and their "hold" amounts....

Maxx wrote:
Best Western takes my full amount of the stay, and has it Authorized on
my card, but *not* charged. They charge it at the end, or adjust if I
check out early.

Could the last...
Forum: Air travel August 9th, 2006, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.air
Replies: 22
Posted By Outlawpoet[_1_]
Crossing border by car from Canada to US

john wrote:

BS They are taking every job available. BECAUSE Employers are now saying
you take a cut in pay or we hire Jose.
Or they are not even given the chance.
In this Area they are...
Forum: USA & Canada August 9th, 2006, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.air
Replies: 20

john wrote:

BS They are taking every job available. BECAUSE Employers are now saying
you take a cut in pay or we hire Jose.
Or they are not even given the chance.
In this Area they are...
Forum: Europe August 3rd, 2006, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 140
Posted By Outlawpoet[_1_]
"One bag" travel, which bag is best?

RPSinha wrote:
Finally, do you find any particular *colors* either very good or not so
good for rugged travel? (My "one bag" is likely to take more beating
than if it had been just one of...
Forum: Europe July 31st, 2006, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 10
Posted By Outlawpoet[_1_]
Laptop vs Internet cafes in Italy?

Calif Bill wrote:
wrote in message
Hello,

If I do, are there enough internet cafes in Rome and...
Forum: Europe July 29th, 2006, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Outlawpoet[_1_]
Day Trip from Zurich

wrote:

Zurich is not THAT bad :-)

Thanks so much for all the great resources and suggestions. LOL - it's
not that Zurich is that bad. It's just that it...
Forum: Europe July 27th, 2006, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Outlawpoet[_1_]
Day Trip from Zurich

Peter Schneider wrote:

What about Como. Nice city on the lake of Como inbetween Chiasso and
Milano. October is perfect time to go there. Could be done in a day
trip from Zürich.

Regard
Forum: Europe July 27th, 2006, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Outlawpoet[_1_]
Day Trip from Zurich

Hi, all.
I'm new to the board, so first a Hello to you all. I spent yesterday
looking over some of the posts and responses and it seems like you are
a good group of people with a fantastic knowledge...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22