Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Forum: USA & Canada December 23rd, 2009, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 13
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
3 hours on the tarmac seems like a lot to me

- Bobb - wrote:
,,,,,,
Yeah, it's better than nothing, but a 3 HOUR limit. I think 30-45 minutes
is more like it. What possible reason could there be for waiting on a runway
for THREE...
Forum: USA & Canada November 12th, 2009, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 12
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
How are things in New Orleans these days?

Robin Stober wrote:
I once took a ghost tour in New Orleans that was fun. Yes, I know that
it's a very different thing than the French Quarter tour you mention
above, with very...
Forum: USA & Canada August 18th, 2009, 12:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 1
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Good opportunity for medial professionals in Saudi Arabia

Doctor KSA wrote: "a bunch of lies"
=======================================

Female doctor writes of life in Saudi Arabia
In the Land of Invisible Women by Qanta A. Ahmed.

“Most job...
Forum: USA & Canada August 14th, 2009, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 5
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Fox car rental.

wrote:
Hi there

I am just posting to see anyone out there has experience good or bad
with Fox Car Rental in Las Vegas. They seem to have the best rates,
but of course you...
Forum: USA & Canada July 19th, 2009, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 18
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Trash this Group, Google !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cognitus wrote:
Google, this Group which used to be an interesting one for getting

get a newsreaer and a usenet account - filter the "junk" and it works
fine. Quit the Google access.

--...
Forum: USA & Canada June 18th, 2009, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 7
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
GOOD

Hatunen wrote:
I moved to Canada in the summer of 1965 to go to graduate school
at McGill....

Hey, I was there in 1965 in the UofT marching band - was at Mcgill for
a very wild and crazy...
Forum: USA & Canada June 18th, 2009, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 3
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Chicago in Sept.

We (two retired but physically active, couples ie: don't mind walking
around) are headed to Chicago (from Toronto) for three days (plus the
two driving). We will, of course, see the art museums,...
Forum: USA & Canada June 11th, 2009, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Save Sutro Forest

Sutro Forest wrote:
The beautiful eucalyptus forest on Mount Sutro in San Francisco is at
risk of destruction. If this bothers you, check out the details.

Forum: USA & Canada June 1st, 2009, 08:26 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 21
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Best Crossing I-90 Westbound to QEW to Hamilton (Buffalo vicinity)

James Robinson wrote:
richard wrote:

Even though the glorious USA government insists upon a passport, it's
rarely enforced. What are they gonna do if you don't have...
Forum: USA & Canada June 1st, 2009, 12:03 PM Posted to misc.transport.road,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 21
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Best Crossing I-90 Westbound to QEW to Hamilton (Buffalo vicinity)

rickmastfan67 wrote:
Peace Bridge is the way to go. Inbound to Canada is usually light
around 3PM on a Saturday. Just remember that you will now need a
passport to go across.

I thought...
Forum: USA & Canada May 30th, 2009, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Swine Flu -USA travel advisories?

AZ Nomad wrote:
..
IE: 3000 people die in the U.S. on the highways every day.

It's more like 100 - 110 in the USA. It's 3,000 WORLD-WIDE - (is that
what you meant?)

"...Deaths on...
Forum: USA & Canada May 29th, 2009, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
What to see in Dallas -Texas

asdf3b wrote:
Greetings! My family will travel to Dallas by car and stay in Dallas
for 3 to 4 days. What are the things to see in Dallas? With thanks.

Depends on your ages and interests - if you...
Forum: USA & Canada May 28th, 2009, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 15
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Payless Car Rental Montreal hidden geographi c restrictions onunlimited miles

Lee Choquette wrote:
... but why would an agency that
presumably rents cars anyway in most of the 50 states care whether a
renter drives a car across a state border?

Perhaps it is the "free...
Forum: USA & Canada May 4th, 2009, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 3
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Hollywood Sign - Best Photo

xCo wrote:
Where is the best spot to take a photograph of the Hollywood Sign. Google
maps says 4015 - 4099 Mt Lee Drive, Los Angeles. Anyone been to this
location?

Try the parking garage...
Forum: USA & Canada May 3rd, 2009, 10:14 PM Posted to alt.travel,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 51
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
trip from NE to DC

A. Wright wrote:
We are from California. We are thinking to take a sight seeing trip from
NE to DC, stopping at the major cities. Can you please tell me when is
the off peak seasons this...
Forum: USA & Canada May 3rd, 2009, 11:18 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 30
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Using My Credit Card - Pen or PIN

Alohacyberian wrote:
In Hawaii it's getting so that most merchants do not require signatures for
credit card purchases under $25.00. KM

In Hawaii it is getting that few things cost less...
Forum: USA & Canada May 1st, 2009, 11:43 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 30
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Using My Credit Card - Pen or PIN

Shawn Hirn wrote:
In all the years I have been using a credit card, no one has requested a
PIN. On the other and, debit card transactions at stores do require a
PIN. Why do you...
Forum: USA & Canada April 28th, 2009, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 14
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Phone card - suggestions

- Bobb - wrote:

Sorry for http://tinyurl.com/d2hzqf That link changed from what I used
to now, when I clicked on it.

I am not loyal to any specific card company. I usually look at the
features...
Forum: USA & Canada April 28th, 2009, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 14
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Phone card - suggestions

- Bobb - wrote:
For years I've used MCI for domestic long distance to use when on the road.
I just went to recharge my card and now they've instituted new fees so I'm
shopping again. I WAS...
Forum: USA & Canada April 27th, 2009, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
hawaii again

to wrote:
Dear friends.
The next August I will be in the U.S. and travel to Oahu one week and two
weeks in the South West.
Have already been to Oahu in 2008, but only for three days. So I...
Forum: USA & Canada March 11th, 2009, 12:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 11
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
How much time between flights

Spurwing wrote:
I will fly in to LA on a Qantas flight from Australia and then connect
to an Alaskan air flight to Vancouver, I have 2 1/2 hours between
flights. Will I have to go through...
Forum: USA & Canada March 11th, 2009, 12:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 20
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
USA is a travel risk

Markku Grönroos wrote:
Once again a dozen people shot to death in the USA by a madman. This
time in Alabama. Foreigners should avoid leisure travelling to the
country due to very poor...
Forum: USA & Canada March 3rd, 2009, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 2
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Trouble at Pearson Airport

I assume this will be true for all Canadian travellers heading to the
States.

My son, his girlfriend and another couple (all in their 20's) were
headed to Hawaii to stay with our in-laws, who were...
Forum: USA & Canada March 3rd, 2009, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 18
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Route 66 and the Arctic circle

Hatunen wrote:
In California a long bend to the south through Amboy still exists
called either the National Trails Highway or Historic 66. This is
your really raw desert drive.

I have...
Forum: USA & Canada February 9th, 2009, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 9
Posted By TheNewsGuy(Mike)
Car Rental

xCo wrote:
Looking to rent a minivan for pickup and drop off at LAX from 11 - 25 May.
All online quotes I do now come back with rates around $900US for the total
rental. Does anyone have any...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250