Showing results 1 to 25 of 103
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jochen Kriegerowski[_2_]
Forum: USA & Canada December 29th, 2009, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 25
Pre-flight announcement needs to include passenger intervention

"AZ Nomad" schrieb

It's horrible, having to take your shoes off. Taking metal objects off
is also really tricky.

It's neither horrible nor tricky. Just...
Forum: USA & Canada December 29th, 2009, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 25
Pre-flight announcement needs to include passenger intervention

"Epsilon" schrieb

So it would seem that the terrorist strategy is working very well, for
minimal costs to the terrorists.

It works perfectly well. Terrorism is not...
Forum: USA & Canada December 23rd, 2009, 05:57 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 13
3 hours on the tarmac seems like a lot to me

"Robin Stober" schrieb

I am torn on this issue. The airlines have done some truly stupid things
in the recent past in regard to keeping passengers on planes for much...
Forum: USA & Canada November 16th, 2009, 06:02 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 1
Why New immigrants fail in Canada --- Nice article

"ulfat" schrieb

Good luck and Enjoy.

| Believe it or not language proficiency (English or French)
| is a major component helping in your settlement. I can
| not emphasis...
Forum: USA & Canada November 6th, 2009, 06:23 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 25
GPS Devices

"K" schrieb

One thing is a given, and that is the fact that built-in NAV systems
in new cars are outrageously priced

That will soon be a thing of the past, with Google's...
Forum: USA & Canada October 18th, 2009, 08:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 1
Anchorage temps vs Canada

"Tim923" schrieb

Does Anchorage being close to the ocean make it warmer than inland cities
in Canada at the same latitude (or perhaps a lot southern).

The ocean warms in...
Forum: USA & Canada September 28th, 2009, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 73
Cashing Travellers checks in USA

"Ken Blake" schrieb

1. I always notify my credit card companies before I go on a trip to
another country. It takes just a few minutes and is no big deal.

It...
Forum: USA & Canada August 2nd, 2009, 06:47 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 18
Hotels with Free Internet access

schrieb

They concluded that the guests at the more expensive hotels
were more likely to be travelling on business and could get
their employers to pay the additional...
Forum: USA & Canada July 19th, 2009, 07:15 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 18
Trash this Group, Google !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"JamesStep" schrieb

And I'm speaking as an old-timer who remembers the days
when spam was rare and many folks would actually put their
real name in their posts

I still...
Forum: USA & Canada July 16th, 2009, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 18
Trash this Group, Google !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Bert Hyman" schrieb

And the source of much of that spam is google.

Indeed! So I would be thankful if Google trashed not only
this newsgroup, but all of them. Usenet was a far...
Forum: USA & Canada May 1st, 2009, 08:03 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 30
Using My Credit Card - Pen or PIN

"AZ Nomad" schrieb

It is the difference of running it as a credit card (signature) or a
debit card (pin). It's strange the businesses give the choice as
Forum: USA & Canada April 5th, 2009, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 2
Another great trip to Edmonton

"Skookum" schrieb

The best thing about the city, to my mind, is tha amazing
array of river front parks that stretcgh along the North Saskatchewan
River that bisects the...
Forum: USA & Canada March 28th, 2009, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 34
Why are car hire companies demanding payments for every additional driver?

"tim....." schrieb

Even in the UK, where we've had EU licenses for 10 years, there are
still lots of people without them.

I read a bit further and found out: If you...
Forum: USA & Canada March 28th, 2009, 08:05 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 34
Why are car hire companies demanding payments for every additional driver?

"Mark Brader" schrieb

Also, if your Polish licenses do not have English on them, you will
each need to buy an International Driving Permit before you leave
home.

I'm not sure if...
Forum: USA & Canada March 25th, 2009, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 34
Why are car hire companies demanding payments for every additional driver?

"James Silverton" schrieb

However, that does mean that the police will probably report the details
to the rental company

Of course, they may inform the owner...
Forum: USA & Canada March 25th, 2009, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 34
Why are car hire companies demanding payments for every additional driver?

"SMS" schrieb

Usually the extra charge is only for a non-spouse extra driver.

(Un-)fortunately they can't check that. "Spouse or no spouse?
That is the question"...
Forum: USA & Canada March 12th, 2009, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 20
USA is a travel risk

"Dymphna" schrieb

Where there are the fewest civilian guns is where the crime is the
highest. We have almost no murders here, and we run around w/ rifles...
Forum: USA & Canada March 3rd, 2009, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 2
Trouble at Pearson Airport

"TheNewsGuy(Mike)" schrieb

On arrival at Pearson to board a United Airlines flight (Terminal 3,
I believe) they were told the flight was actually an Air Canada flight...
Forum: USA & Canada February 25th, 2009, 06:14 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 37
"Sir" Allen Stanford

schrieb

America has agreements with countries so that you do not
pay tax twice, there is an agreement wwith the UK

Yes, but can you say that for *every* country on...
Forum: USA & Canada February 24th, 2009, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 37
"Sir" Allen Stanford

"Zane" schrieb

it seems apparent that quite a few
Europeans get US citizenship just for tax purposes

You must be very careful which citizenships you have: You
wouldn't...
Forum: USA & Canada February 16th, 2009, 06:22 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 9
Car Rental

"Brian" schrieb

Alamo charges, or did, extra for some things other companies like
Avis don't like a second driver who is a spouse.

Do you carry your marriage...
Forum: USA & Canada February 16th, 2009, 06:08 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 64
NOTICE: DON'T EAT AT CANADIAN RESTAURANTS

"Alohacyberian" schrieb

I've eaten in restaurants in both the United States and Canada and
haven't gotten sick from any one of them

Same here.

How the hell did you...
Forum: USA & Canada February 13th, 2009, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 64
NOTICE: DON'T EAT AT CANADIAN RESTAURANTS

"sechumlib" schrieb

And you blame this on the RESTAURANT? What business did
you have eating out ANYWHERE while recovering from the flu?

No, he doesn't blame it on *the*...
Forum: USA & Canada February 9th, 2009, 06:10 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 9
Car Rental

"xCo" schrieb

Looking to rent a minivan for pickup and drop off at LAX from 11 - 25 May.
All online quotes I do now come back with rates around $900US for the
total...
Forum: USA & Canada February 6th, 2009, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 30
different traffic light sequences from state to state- cause accidents

schrieb

Would you like to comment on (or defend) a ONE SECOND YELLOW
LIGHT next to a ticketing...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 103