Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Keiser
Forum: Asia April 19th, 2015, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 7
Posted By John Keiser
Bing search engine results in China

Can you use a VPN?

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
Currently in Beijing. Since Google is unavailable, I have to use...
Forum: Asia January 5th, 2015, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 0
Posted By John Keiser
NAIA Shuttle

Is the shuttle between terminal1 and 3 working reliably these days?
I've been to terminal 1 many times over the past 20 years and never saw a
shuttle, but maybe that was because I usually arrive...
Forum: Asia March 18th, 2013, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 1
Posted By John Keiser
Japan - Transportation from Narita at 9PM to central Tokyo

Check out the much cheaper Keisei Ltd. Express. I think the last run is
11:00 p.m.

"jacquey" wrote in message
We...
Forum: Asia May 14th, 2012, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By John Keiser
Air Asia: do you know it?

Reliable enough.
Make sure you understand all the extra fees. Usually cheaper to prepay when
you book.

"Peter" wrote in message ...
Never had...
Forum: Asia February 13th, 2012, 03:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.air
Replies: 35
Posted By John Keiser
Beverages purchased airside banned from carry-on?

I bought a bottle of water after screening while waiting to leave on a
flight from Rangoon. It was confiscated when I moved 50 feet to the gate.
Burma does not follow TSA rules.

A different...
Forum: Asia July 17th, 2011, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By John Keiser
Hotel Reservation Yangon

Thanks Chris and Alfred!

"John Keiser" wrote in message
Are there any reliable agents for booking hotels in...
Forum: Asia July 15th, 2011, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By John Keiser
Hotel Reservation Yangon

Are there any reliable agents for booking hotels in Yangon? The hotels seem
to have unreliable internet access or are just unresponsive.
Thanks.
Forum: Asia May 21st, 2010, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 3
Posted By John Keiser
Which tour company?

Naming the 3 might get better feedback.

"traveljunkie" wrote in message
hi there,

i'm looking...
Forum: Asia October 18th, 2009, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By John Keiser
Hawaii versus Palau?

I live in Hawaii.
There are ample scuba and snorkling spots. If you want a luxury mega-resort
atmosphe Hawaii [Maui or Big Island]. For more adventu Palau.

"driftwork"...
Forum: Asia October 11th, 2009, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By John Keiser
Malaysia photo gallery with Google maps

I stand corrected: as soon as I click on the page link the map changes to
the appropriate area.
This is very, very nice.

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message...
Forum: Asia October 10th, 2009, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By John Keiser
Malaysia photo gallery with Google maps

A convenient upgrade. I am not familiar with other possibilities but this
was useful.
I suppose a direct link between the actual location of the scenes and the
map would be even better. ...
Forum: Asia October 7th, 2009, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 9
Posted By John Keiser
Takayama vs. Hiroshima

I've been to Japan several times [Kyoto, Nara, Tokyo, Kamakura].
At the end of November I will have 5 days/6 nights to allocate between
Takayama and Hiroshima. Anyone care to speculate if I am...
Forum: Asia September 10th, 2009, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 3
Posted By John Keiser
How much walking

Travel to any country involves challenges for someone with a disease like
MS.
You cannot expect any accomodation for disabilities.
Let me just throw out this idea:
Tokyo Station is large, etc. Most...
Forum: Asia March 18th, 2009, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By John Keiser
Sri Lanka in November

There have been areas that were "off limits" for years. Outside of those
[non-touristy] areas, I detected little reason for concern. Perhaps
somewhat more aggressive third-world hucksterism...
Forum: Asia March 18th, 2009, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By John Keiser
Sri Lanka in November

I was there in December [when the tsunami struck]. Rain was not an issue:
canceled one bicycle ride, made the climb on Sigiriya much more interesting.
Weather was otherwise warm, humid,...
Forum: Asia March 2nd, 2009, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 12
Posted By John Keiser
Bkk-Chiang Mai train

The bus is efficient but without the possible charm [to a young child] of
the train. Having taken that bus years ago, I note that the front seats can
be unpleasant with the TV going and headlights...
Forum: Asia December 22nd, 2008, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By John Keiser
HCMC - Hanoi by train

I should add: for a reliable agent try www.haivenu-vietnam.com . They were
very helpful in setting up a private 7 day cooking tour to suit our schelude
and interests [at better price and features...
Forum: Asia December 18th, 2008, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By John Keiser
HCMC - Hanoi by train

My wife and I took the train from Hanoi to HCMC last year.

We stopped in Hue enroute.

The sleepers consists of a room with 4 fixed bunks. Not as accomodating for
sitting as moveable bunks would...
Forum: Asia November 5th, 2008, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By John Keiser
Stop over in Delhi

Not only will you need a visa, but you may need a multiple entry visa
[priced different than a single entry] if you "stop over" on each direction
or plan to stray into India from Nepal.

--
Remove...
Forum: Asia August 16th, 2008, 05:05 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia

There are several budegt tours that do this with smallish groups.
You might check their detailed itineraries and copy or join them [they
are inexpensive and you have ready-made companions].
Look at...
Forum: Asia June 17th, 2008, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 10
Posted By John Keiser
Thailand & neighbouring countries

Look through the various trips offered by the tour operators ex-BKK
[Imaginative Traveler, Explore are examples.] Perhaps you will see an
itinerary of interest which you can join or simply follow...
Forum: Asia October 31st, 2007, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By John Keiser
Tour to Hakone and Kyoto/Nara

Alfred,
Once you arrive, these are very easy cities to wander around by yourself. A
world traveler such as yourself really doesn't need a "tour" as much as a
list of places of interest to...
Forum: Asia August 29th, 2007, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 9
Posted By John Keiser
Tips on dinning in Japan

The top floors and basements of most department stores [even on the
otherwise pricey Ginza] offer a wide range of reasonably priced local foods.
If you can't describe the dish, bring the waitress...
Forum: Asia August 19th, 2007, 04:24 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 0
Posted By John Keiser
Extend Vietnam Visa

I had planned on being in Vietnam for the month of November and have a visa
valid from 11/8 to 12/8.
My plans changed and I will now be in Vietnam from 11/27 to 12/15.
How easy [difficult] is it to...
Forum: Asia August 11th, 2007, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 11
Posted By John Keiser
Japan - not so expensive after all?

Minshuku are a less-expensive grade of ryokan. Possibly no English spoken,
probably a common bath. Charming if you want a very Japanese experience.
A few are even the old wooden structures. Many...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 34