Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Turan Fettahoglu
Forum: Europe September 23rd, 2009, 01:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 17
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
AW: 9 Days in Europe, flying into Brussels and out of Munich (Suggestions)

PS not done with Paris but have spent 5'ish days so would like to see
some new places. Of course one can go back to Paris forever.

What about taking a train from Brussels to Cologne, spend a day...
Forum: Europe March 19th, 2009, 12:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
AW: Kyrenia, North Cyprus

Any personal hints & tips not in the usual books/sites re a two-week
stay (already fixed) in Kyrenia, North Cyprus?
Learn diving. Here is a decent diving school:...
Forum: Europe December 19th, 2008, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 94
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
AW: Mistaken Spanish speeding ticket

2900km from Cordoba.

So what do I do? Obviously I'm not going to pay, but I would also
like to get the ticket erased, so it don't come back to haunt me
later.

How did they get your...
Forum: Europe August 25th, 2008, 01:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
AW: Turkey-Pammukale

Is Pammukale worth devoting a whole day trip to?

It certainly is, because there is no other place worldwide. The Pink and
White Terraces in New Zealand were destroyed in 1886 by a volcano.

You...
Forum: Europe August 11th, 2008, 10:29 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 14
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
AW: Tipping on German trains

Yes in ICE-trains and 1cl ,the conductor may bring you such things as part
of service.
And it's absolutely not the custom to provide tip to the conductor for
such things or anything...
Forum: Europe May 25th, 2008, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 108
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
AW: Germany visit

The Mosel cruise seems to be settled, and you want to visit Munich as well.

What if you hit the Romantische Strasse (Romantic Road)? You could visit
Rothenburg, Dinkelsbühl and several other...
Forum: Europe May 2nd, 2008, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 32
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
AW: Europe road trip: places to avoid car theft/vandalism

Avoid the UK unless you have a hungry rottweiler in the passenger seat.

There is left-hand traffic in the UK, which means a car from the Continent
has the steering wheel on the wrong side and is...
Forum: Europe April 18th, 2008, 10:37 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 130
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
AW: Any Favorite must-see places to visit in Germany?

What about the countryside in Franconia (Northern Bavaria)?

You can see small towns that might be as picturesque as Rothenburg. Have a
try with Prichsenstadt or Volkach or several other places...
Forum: Europe April 7th, 2008, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 28
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
Pound and Euro to reach parity within 18 months

Imperial measures have almost gone. Most stuff is metric nowadays.
Glad to hear it!

Changing to RHD would not be trivial or cheap and would leave the roads
full of
cars not designed to...
Forum: Europe April 7th, 2008, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 28
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
Pound and Euro to reach parity within 18 months

Have you been in UK?
Yes, several times, but not in the past few years. I have relatives there.
Forum: Europe April 6th, 2008, 12:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 28
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
AW: AW: AW: Pound and Euro to reach parity within 18 months

Why not pick on Denmark and Sweden as well? They haven't adopted the
euro, and still have monarchies...

I've never been there, and I believe that both countries are not so
tradition-oriented as...
Forum: Europe April 6th, 2008, 12:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 28
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
AW: AW: Pound and Euro to reach parity within 18 months

It was time for a change :o)

....sorry, not for the pound. Britain probably won't abolish it, nor will
Britain abolish left-hand traffic, the monarchy or Imperial measures.

The reason: "you see,...
Forum: Europe April 6th, 2008, 12:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 19
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
AW: T5 jokes

The Turkish bus stations I have seen consist of a sign and a place to
stand in
the hot sun and wait.

You probably mean a dolmus bus - for a ride into town or so.

The coach stations for...
Forum: Europe April 6th, 2008, 11:21 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 28
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
AW: Pound and Euro to reach parity within 18 months

And it won't stop there. The British Pound will fall below the value
of the Euro and settle there for as long as it exists

This sounds so much different from the scenarios of 1998-2003:
- the...
Forum: USA & Canada April 3rd, 2008, 08:22 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 11
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
AW: SUPPORT HILLARY CLINTON

---- And Bill was impeached by the House.

It was a pity that the impeachment failed, but not because Bill Clinton had
done any high crimes and misdemeanors. But if Clinton had been removed, Al...
Forum: Europe April 2nd, 2008, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
AW: Going To Prague Next Week: Any Advice / Comments?

Don't tell anybody that you are going to Prague. People might think you want
to chase girls there.

If you are in downtown Prague in the evening and you are an unaccompanied
male, you will get...
Forum: Air travel March 19th, 2008, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
AW: knife on plane again

"JA_MORAN" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
rubbish about airline security

Scram!
Forum: Air travel March 11th, 2008, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
AW: Favorite Airline?

What is your favorite airline to fly on? Why do you like that airline so
much? In addition to your favorite airline, which airlines do you hate
and would not fly on every again?

Favourite:...
Forum: Europe February 22nd, 2008, 10:31 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 1,009
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
AW: Why We Don't Want "Free" Medical Care

The case with the cancer patient showed that the NHS does not work properly.
But in the US the lady might have no insurance at all, which is still worse!
Forum: Europe February 22nd, 2008, 10:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 1,009
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
AW: Why We Don't Want "Free" Medical Care

Patients "cannot, in one episode of treatment, be treated on the
N.H.S. and then allowed, as part of the same episode and the same
treatment, to pay money for more drugs," the health secretary,...
Forum: Europe February 22nd, 2008, 10:24 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
AW: Israeli earthquakes are gays' fault, says MP

Keep in mind that a Muslim clergyman in Berlin claimed that eating pork can
cause homosexuality. I wonder if MP Benizri is claiming the same...
Forum: Europe February 1st, 2008, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
AW: AW: AW: Sprichst Du Schweizer-Deutsch (Schwyzerdütsch)?

In any case, I'm really lost when it comes to Schwyzer-Dütsch.

On the other hand, many Swiss are aware that few can understand it...

Perhaps you know that the Swiss soldiers are required to...
Forum: Europe January 30th, 2008, 11:08 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
AW: AW: Sprichst Du Schweizer-Deutsch (Schwyzerdütsch)?

Finger weg!
Damn German looks odd to an English speaker!

The original posting was an ad for a Spanish call center looking for someone
who speaks Swiss German. My comment said:
all alarm bells...
Forum: Europe January 29th, 2008, 10:21 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
AW: Sprichst Du Schweizer-Deutsch (Schwyzerdütsch)?

3 Mitarbeiter für Stelle als Customer Service Adviser:
- kein Verkauf
- Kundenbetreuung für die Schweiz und Österreich

Da würden bei mir alle Alarmglocken läuten. Wollen wir wetten: jeder, der...
Forum: Europe January 25th, 2008, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By Turan Fettahoglu
AW: What locations would you most want to go on an adventure holiday on ?

I would not consider this an adventure holiday, but a holiday with a bit
of "Nervenkitzel" (nerve tickling).

Get to the hospital immediately! You've got "actually" disease!

I hope I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125