Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: blacklight[_2_]
Forum: Asia April 11th, 2010, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 0
Posted By blacklight[_2_]
Sky of Fire - Australia

It was a Very Special Day, awful from the start, gray and rainy. A
good drought breaker - nasty for camping. Australia’s Outback turned
to mud. But the evening sky changed gray to reds. It brought a...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand April 11th, 2010, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 0
Posted By blacklight[_2_]
Sky of Fire

It was a Very Special Day, awful from the start, gray and rainy. A
good drought breaker - nasty for camping. Australia’s Outback turned
to mud. But the evening sky changed gray to reds. It brought a...
Forum: Asia March 21st, 2010, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 0
Posted By blacklight[_2_]
The Black Hole

Driving in the Australian outback we came across a Black Hole. Not
everyone likes them – but my dogs did. Maybe you’ll too:
http://www.oz-greetings.com.au/photo/40
You can make it bigger: click on...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand March 21st, 2010, 04:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 1
Posted By blacklight[_2_]
The Black Hole

Driving in the Australian outback we came across a Black Hole. Not
everyone likes them – but my dogs did. Maybe you’ll too:
http://www.oz-greetings.com.au/photo/40
You can make it bigger: click on...
Forum: Travel - anything else not covered February 1st, 2010, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.travel.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By blacklight[_2_]
TIME WALK

We were camping in Australia’s Blue Mountains when the car went on
strike. To fill in time we decided to film Time. So we sat on a rock,
for 13 hours, and clicked a single frame 1872 times. Run as a...
Forum: Asia January 30th, 2010, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 1
Posted By blacklight[_2_]
Time Walk

We were camping in Australia’s Blue Mountains when the car went on
strike. To fill in time we decided to film Time. So we sat on a rock,
for 13 hours, and clicked a single frame 1872 times. Run as a...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 30th, 2010, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 0
Posted By blacklight[_2_]
Time Walk

We were camping in Australia’s Blue Mountains when the car went on
strike. To fill in time we decided to film Time. So we sat on a rock,
for 13 hours, and clicked a single frame 1872 times. Run as a...
Forum: Backpacking and Budget travel January 25th, 2010, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack
Replies: 3
Posted By blacklight[_2_]
TIME WALK

We were Camping in Australia’s Blue Mountains when the car went on
strike. To fill in time we decided to film Time. So we sat on a rock,
for 13 hours, and clicked a single frame 1872 times. Run as a...
Forum: Asia November 12th, 2009, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 3
Posted By blacklight[_2_]
Australia's Pinnacles Desert - memorials to climate change.

On Nov 7, 2:09*pm, "Gerrit" wrote:
"blacklight" wrote in message

Forum: Australia & New Zealand November 8th, 2009, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 0
Posted By blacklight[_2_]
Australia's Pinnacles Desert - Memorials to Global Warming

The Pinnacles Desert in Australia’s Nambung National Park is an eerie
field of tombstones. Global warming made it. Watch a great clip of it
at http://www.oz-greetings.com.au/video/preview/55. There...
Forum: Asia November 7th, 2009, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 3
Posted By blacklight[_2_]
Australia's Pinnacles Desert - memorials to climate change.

The Pinnacles Desert in Australia’s Nambung National Park. Is an eerie
field of tombstones. A fairly recent change of climate made it. See a
great little clip of it at...
Forum: Travel - anything else not covered November 7th, 2009, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.travel.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By blacklight[_2_]
Australia's Pinnacles Desert - memorials to climate change

Great camping at the Pinnacles Desert in Australia’s Nambung National
Park. It’s an eerie field of tombstones. A fairly recent change of
climate made it. See a great little clip of it...
Forum: Backpacking and Budget travel October 25th, 2009, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack
Replies: 0
Posted By blacklight[_2_]
200 grams from the dawn of the Solar System

One of my favourite camping spots is Australia's Nullarbor Plain.
Tourists stick to the highway, the rest flat, sparse, deserted - like
being on a different planet. A ‘Fireball Observatory’ was set...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand October 18th, 2009, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 0
Posted By blacklight[_2_]
200 grams from the dawn of the Solar System

A ‘Fireball Observatory’ was set up on the Nullarbor Plain to track
and retrieve meteorites. Now the first one was caught, a witness from
the beginning of the solar...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand September 27th, 2009, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 1
Posted By blacklight[_2_]
Australia Dust Storm

100km north of Sydney (62 miles). September 23. The water in dog
Rusty's bowl outside is red. My car, usually sort of white, is red
too. The sky is red and the bit of sun filtered through looks...
Forum: Europe September 13th, 2009, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By blacklight[_2_]
Uluru (Ayers Rock) - Australia

This site gives detailed information about flora, fauna, geology and
the indigenous Aborigines who own that amazing rock - and much...
Forum: Travel Marketplace September 13th, 2009, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.travel.marketplace
Replies: 0
Posted By blacklight[_2_]
Uluru (Ayers Rock) - Australia

This site gives detailed information about flora, fauna, geology and
the indigenous Aborigines who own that amazing rock - and much...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand September 12th, 2009, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 2
Posted By blacklight[_2_]
Australia's Nullarbor Plain

On Sep 11, 1:35*am, "Peter Webb"
wrote:
"blacklight" wrote in message

Forum: Australia & New Zealand September 6th, 2009, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 2
Posted By blacklight[_2_]
Australia's Nullarbor Plain

Dog Rusty and I spent several weeks crisscrossing the amazing
Nullarbor. It’s called the flattest place on Earth. In the north, the
railway runs straight for 478km (297miles) without a bend. Once...
Forum: Asia September 5th, 2009, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 0
Posted By blacklight[_2_]
Australia's Nullarbor Plain

Dog Rusty and I spent several weeks crisscrossing the amazing
Nullarbor. It’s called the flattest place on Earth. In the north, the
railway runs straight for 478km (297miles) without a bend. Once...
Forum: Travel - anything else not covered August 23rd, 2009, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.travel.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By blacklight[_2_]
Uluru (Ayers Rock) - Australia

This site gives detailed information about flora, fauna, geology and
the indigenous Aborigines who own that amazing rock - and much...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand July 26th, 2009, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 1
Posted By blacklight[_2_]
Geothermal Energy

99% of the Earth's mass is hotter than 1000ºC (1832ºF). Australia has
the hottest non-volcanic rocks on Earth. 1 cubic kilometer of them
holds the equivalent energy of 40 million barrels of oil....
Forum: Backpacking and Budget travel June 14th, 2009, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack
Replies: 0
Posted By blacklight[_2_]
Rejuvenated - back from the Desert.

There were just 3 trees and nothing else. From horizon to horizon flat
stony desert in Australia’s Outback. Explorer Sturt in 1845: ‘...the
most cheerless and the most forbidding of any landscapes...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand June 14th, 2009, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 0
Posted By blacklight[_2_]
Lake Windamere

Greetings,
just off the road Lithgow/Mudgee in NSW is a gorgeous spot: Lake
Windamere. The lake was created by damming the Cudgegong River. It is
stocked with fish and got a high reputation among...
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24