Showing results 1 to 25 of 55
Search took 1.29 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pete
Forum: Europe August 12th, 2006, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 37
Posted By Pete
Avoid the UK

one of them is an English white man.

You mean Anthony Garcia, also known as Rahman Adam?

Pete
Forum: Europe August 11th, 2006, 11:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 95
Posted By Pete
Cabin baggage ban hits musicians

Russian musicians returning from London after the Bolshoi Theatre's
season face an overland journey because of the new UK cabin
baggage ban on...
Forum: Air travel August 11th, 2006, 11:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 78
Posted By Pete
Cabin baggage ban hits musicians

Russian musicians returning from London after the Bolshoi Theatre's
season face an overland journey because of the new UK cabin
baggage ban on...
Forum: Europe August 11th, 2006, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 225
Posted By Pete
UK terror plot consequences

all the shops at the airport will go bust with no airport sales they
must be suffering massive losses of sales. airports rely on these sales
.if you cant take anything on board they will all...
Forum: Europe August 11th, 2006, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 225
Posted By Pete
UK terror plot consequences

And today, Bush, the idiot, went one step further by blaming ISLAM
(islamic fashists). Insult a religion and see how fast its members start
to hate you even more.

I am not even close to a...
Forum: Air travel August 11th, 2006, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 75
Posted By Pete
UK terror plot consequences

And today, Bush, the idiot, went one step further by blaming ISLAM
(islamic fashists). Insult a religion and see how fast its members start
to hate you even more.

I am not even close to a...
Forum: Europe August 11th, 2006, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 37
Posted By Pete
Avoid the UK

Thus spaketh Pete:
Just as the USA did immediately after 9/11, the UK is overreacting.
They have banned contact lens solutions. Any contact wearer might
have trouble during the flight,...
Forum: Europe August 11th, 2006, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 37
Posted By Pete
Avoid the UK

"finally they have banned all carry-on luggage, even though it would be
more realistic to ban carry-on luggage for single Arab males aged
16-40.

Pete"

You should read the news with more...
Forum: Europe August 11th, 2006, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 37
Posted By Pete
Avoid the UK

... Also banned
are cases for glasses. This is fairly moronic, as many people only use
glasses for reading and they cannot really wear them all the time...

That's not a problem,...
Forum: Europe August 11th, 2006, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 37
Posted By Pete
Avoid the UK

Anyone who has glaucoma or any other disease of the eye requiring
eyedrops might balk at the ban on liquids, especially if they only
have carry-on luggage.

Glaucoma eyedrops are usually...
Forum: Europe August 11th, 2006, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 37
Posted By Pete
Avoid the UK

Just as the USA did immediately after 9/11, the UK is overreacting.
They have banned contact lens solutions. Any contact wearer might
have trouble during the flight, and pouring a few drops of water...
Forum: Europe August 11th, 2006, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 77
Posted By Pete
Too bad for Easyjet and Ryanair

Easyjet and Ryanair were recently attempting to entirely eliminate free
checked baggage on their planes. Now all of their planes leaving the
UK will have nothing but checked baggage. Too bad, so...
Forum: Air travel August 11th, 2006, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 69
Posted By Pete
Too bad for Easyjet and Ryanair

Easyjet and Ryanair were recently attempting to entirely eliminate free
checked baggage on their planes. Now all of their planes leaving the
UK will have nothing but checked baggage. Too bad, so...
Forum: Europe August 11th, 2006, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 225
Posted By Pete
UK terror plot consequences

Somehow, I can't see it lasting. Just how long, I don't know.

Just like the ban on knives must end soon, right? Just because you
want it to end, does not mean it will end. Better hope that the...
Forum: Air travel August 10th, 2006, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 75
Posted By Pete
UK terror plot consequences

Duty-free booze is dead, as you will never again be allowed to bring
bottles of anything onboard a plane again. I'll bet this is a significant
reduction in revenue for certain countries.

Forget...
Forum: Europe August 10th, 2006, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 225
Posted By Pete
UK terror plot consequences

Duty-free booze is dead, as you will never again be allowed to bring
bottles of anything onboard a plane again. I'll bet this is a significant
reduction in revenue for certain countries.

Forget...
Forum: Europe August 10th, 2006, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 9
Posted By Pete
Is it safe to go to Naples

Apology to tourist beaten up after chasing muggers

Did the mayor buy him a new camera? Did she pay his medical
bills? Apologies are worthless.

Pete
Forum: Europe August 9th, 2006, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 16
Posted By Pete
U.S. Tourist Who Chased Muggers Beaten

An American tourist was beaten by an angry mob in the streets of the
southern Italian city [Naples] after he chased down two men who had
just stolen his camera, police said...
Forum: Europe August 9th, 2006, 04:58 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 0
Posted By Pete
Auction for recovered Klimt works

"Since recovering the paintings, my family and I have focused our efforts
on arranging exhibitions in Los Angeles and New York in order to share
these beautiful works and their powerful story," said...
Forum: USA & Canada August 7th, 2006, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 1
Posted By Pete
Bedbug infestations on rise across U.S.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060807/ap_on_re_us/bedbugs_are_back
Forum: Air travel August 7th, 2006, 12:31 AM Posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.non.racism,rec.travel.air
Replies: 8
Posted By Pete
Delta Asks to Terminate Pensions - Remember Continental Airlines under Neo-Con Ronald Reagan

Guess you haven't been seeing the news about the new smaller jets, with
only 5 or 6 passengers, that are the future of airline transportation.

LOL! I guess you flunked economics and weren't...
Forum: Air travel August 7th, 2006, 12:26 AM Posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.non.racism,rec.travel.air,alt.politics.bush
Replies: 8
Posted By Pete
Delta Asks to Terminate Pensions - Remember Continental Airlines under Neo-Con Ronald Reagan

Outside of major metropolitan areas

Who said anything about that? Any dolt knows that light rail or
a metro only work in medium to large cities.

nothing more than another welfare program for...
Forum: Europe August 7th, 2006, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 49
Posted By Pete
Florence Vs. Sienna ???

I must admit I didn't realise that transport in the US was so
unreliable. Must remember to avoid those 7 months of the year when I'm
next planning a visit there.

You simply do not understand...
Forum: Europe August 6th, 2006, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 82
Posted By Pete
Language Barrier

the Hungarians are appreciative still of any interest that foreigner
might have in their culture. The Czechs have seemingly Checked out.

I experienced some of the same thing. Hungarians were...
Forum: Air travel August 6th, 2006, 05:20 AM Posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.non.racism,rec.travel.air,alt.politics.bush
Replies: 8
Posted By Pete
Delta Asks to Terminate Pensions - Remember Continental Airlines under Neo-Con Ronald Reagan

With hundred-buck-a-barrel oil on the horizon, all the airlines will
soon be going down in flames, and if it ever goes much beyond that,
only the rich will be flying, mostly charters from the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 55