Showing results 1 to 25 of 146
Search took 0.84 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: dgs[_7_]
Forum: Air travel May 5th, 2008, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 126
Posted By dgs[_7_]
Two airline legs with a rental care in between: Best way to book?

SMS wrote:

Sound Transit runs buses to Everett, in fact you can get right to the
Everett Events Center by Sound Transit, by bus. You take route 194 to
downtown Seattle, then route 510 to...
Forum: Air travel May 5th, 2008, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 126
Posted By dgs[_7_]
Two airline legs with a rental care in between: Best way to book?

Chilly8 wrote:

"mrtravel" wrote in message

Chilly8 wrote:

If you are going to Seqouia, or ANY of the national...
Forum: Europe May 2nd, 2008, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 163
Posted By dgs[_7_]
Value of the dollar

Alfred Molon wrote:

In article , dgs says...

A U.S. gallon is smaller than an Imperial gallon. A U.S. gallon has
4 quarts, and a quart is only 0.94636...
Forum: Europe May 2nd, 2008, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 163
Posted By dgs[_7_]
Value of the dollar

Markku Grönroos wrote:

Speak in metric. The volume is litres.

Speak in shut the **** up. The volume is zero.

Cathy L wrote:

On Fri, 02 May 2008 08:33:41 -0700, dgs wrote:

A U.S. gallon is smaller than an Imperial gallon. A U.S. gallon has
4 quarts, and a quart is only...
Forum: Europe May 2nd, 2008, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 163
Posted By dgs[_7_]
Value of the dollar

Alfred Molon wrote:

Not sure how much a gallon is, but assuming it is 4.5 litres, one gallon
of car fuel costs here in Germany 4.5 * 1.44 Euro * 1.56 Euro/$ = $10

A U.S. gallon is smaller than...
Forum: USA & Canada April 30th, 2008, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,tor.general,calgary.general,van.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 2
Posted By dgs[_7_]
Yikes! Gas Price $5 Gallon in Canada - Don't Visit Alberta!!Or Canada!

Michael Yardley wrote:

I was talking on the phone to a relative in the UK recently and
gas is GBP 2.50 per litre.

No, it isn't. Try half that - or less - per...
Forum: Europe April 30th, 2008, 09:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,tor.general,calgary.general,van.general,rec.travel.usa-canada

Michael Yardley wrote:

I was talking on the phone to a relative in the UK recently and
gas is GBP 2.50 per litre.

No, it isn't. Try half that - or less - per...
Forum: Europe April 29th, 2008, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 163
Posted By dgs[_7_]
Value of the dollar

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

[...] We get off the Amadeus Royal in Nuremberg, travel by
land to Prague for the rest of the day, spending the night in Prague and
flying back home in the morning!

I...
Forum: Europe April 26th, 2008, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 130
Posted By dgs[_7_]
Any Favorite must-see places to visit in Germany?

Sarah Banick wrote:

Sure, thanks. I'm off Western Europe for now, due to a slight currency
problem. But once the dollar straightens itself out, I'll be back. :-)

Today's news on the...
Forum: Air travel April 23rd, 2008, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 41
Posted By dgs[_7_]
How To Prevent Destruction of Airline Industry: Non-Profit VerticalOil Company

DevilsPGD wrote:

In message Benjamin Dover
wrote:

Put them on the "No Fly" list.

They'll just use even more fuel...
Forum: Air travel April 22nd, 2008, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 28
Posted By dgs[_7_]
Olympic flights

Chilly8 wrote:

"dgs" wrote in message

Chilly8 wrote:

As part of a Sydney-Tahiti-Havana run or Paris-Havana-Tahiti...
Forum: Europe April 22nd, 2008, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 142
Posted By dgs[_7_]
rent car from Amsterdam to Brussels

tile wrote:

do not forget that in Belgium there are parts where people speak French and
where people speak Dutch.

So far, so good, but then:

So the real names are Bruges and Antwerp....
Forum: Air travel April 22nd, 2008, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 41
Posted By dgs[_7_]
How To Prevent Destruction of Airline Industry: Non-Profit VerticalOil Company

Robert Cohen wrote:

" Co-op Jet Fuel"

The industry consists of all or any of the airlines in the U.S. and
perhaps the world.

The airline companies purchase partnerships or shares in...
Forum: Air travel April 21st, 2008, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 28
Posted By dgs[_7_]
Olympic flights

Chilly8 wrote:

As part of a Sydney-Tahiti-Havana run or Paris-Havana-Tahiti run,
that is a possibility.

There are no such runs, you blithering idiot.
Forum: Air travel April 21st, 2008, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 44
Posted By dgs[_7_]
"Delta" Wins; NWA to Disappear

Paul Frankenstein wrote:

In article , Chilly8 wrote:
* According to Ultmate Traffic, NWA does not fly 737 or 767
* aircraft. NWA flies these...
Forum: Air travel April 21st, 2008, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 44
Posted By dgs[_7_]
"Delta" Wins; NWA to Disappear

SMS wrote:

I wonder what is the oldest 747 still in regular scheduled passenger
service is. For U.S. airlines, NW has the oldest.

I think JAL or ANA are flying the oldest passenger-service...
Forum: Europe April 21st, 2008, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 23
Posted By dgs[_7_]
things to do in Amsterdam, Antwerp & Brussels

Ann G. wrote:

We will be travelling on business next month to Amsterdam (4 days),
Antwerp (1 day) and Brussels (2 days). We are from California and this
is my first trip to this part of...
Forum: Europe April 21st, 2008, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 142
Posted By dgs[_7_]
rent car from Amsterdam to Brussels

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

No one has the right to ridicule someone who is searching for
information.

Au contraire. Everyone has pretty much the right to post anything they
want here, and they do,...
Forum: Air travel April 18th, 2008, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 643
Posted By dgs[_7_]
Time to stop flying?

Mxsmanic wrote:

Mr. Travel writes:

Has any of the discussion in this newsgroup indicate that we care about
standards that are nre not applicable to REAL flight?

Your attempt at...
Forum: Europe April 18th, 2008, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 1,059
Posted By dgs[_7_]
Time to stop flying?

Mxsmanic wrote:

Mr. Travel writes:

Has any of the discussion in this newsgroup indicate that we care about
standards that are nre not applicable to REAL flight?

Your attempt at...
Forum: Air travel April 18th, 2008, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 643
Posted By dgs[_7_]
Time to stop flying?

Mxsmanic wrote:

dgs writes:

Mxsmanic wrote:

About 30% of the
members who fly on the network are also pilots in real life (5% are airline
Forum: Europe April 18th, 2008, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 1,059
Posted By dgs[_7_]
Time to stop flying?

Mxsmanic wrote:

dgs writes:

Mxsmanic wrote:

About 30% of the
members who fly on the network are also pilots in real life (5% are airline
Forum: Europe April 18th, 2008, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 130
Posted By dgs[_7_]
Any Favorite must-see places to visit in Germany?

Alfred Molon wrote:
In article 4a81c5e8-b3e2-4b84-b3fa-
, Jen C. says...

Suprisingly, yes I did, although two weeks ago I had never heard...
Forum: Europe April 18th, 2008, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 1,059
Posted By dgs[_7_]
Time to stop flying?

Martin wrote:

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 10:53:08 -0700, dgs wrote:

Mxsmanic wrote:

I hate to travel
Showing results 1 to 25 of 146