Showing results 1 to 25 of 135
Search took 0.26 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: singlemalt
Forum: Air travel December 30th, 2009, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By singlemalt
AA idiocy in Las Vegas

So, we schedule to leave LV at 11 AM to DFW then to Austin. Check on
computer, all is ok. Get to airport and find that we have been assigned to
leave LV at 2 PM to DFW then to Austin. First...
Forum: Europe December 14th, 2009, 08:23 PM Posted to soc.retirement,aus.politics,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 18
Posted By singlemalt
This septuagenarian's experience with American healthcare yesterday 12/10/09

"PJ O'Donovan" wrote in message
This septuagenarian's experience with American healthcare yesterday
Forum: USA & Canada November 16th, 2009, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 5
Posted By singlemalt
Dining out in Manhattan NYC

In general, I was told one time to eat at the "diners" for breakfast and I
would assume for inexpensive meals otw.

"Shawn Hirn" wrote in message...
Forum: USA & Canada November 8th, 2009, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 25
Posted By singlemalt
GPS Devices

Thanks everyone for all of your input. J.
Forum: USA & Canada November 5th, 2009, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 25
Posted By singlemalt
GPS Devices

wrote in message

Recently, during a car...

wrote in message
On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 10:40:36 -0600, "singlemalt"
wrote:

Recently, during a car...
Forum: USA & Canada November 5th, 2009, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 25
Posted By singlemalt
GPS Devices

Recently, during a car trip in France my son stated that on the next car
trip he was going to take a portable GPS device. I was thinking about
getting him one for Christmas but am a complete dunce...
Forum: Europe October 5th, 2009, 11:01 PM Posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 129
Posted By singlemalt
McDonald's conquest of France is now complete:McDonald'sopens at the Louvre

"Bill Bonde { 'by a commodius vicus of recirculation' )"

From: "Bill Bonde {...
Forum: Air travel October 4th, 2009, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By singlemalt
Meeting at CDG

"James Robinson" wrote in message
"singlemalt" wrote:

My two adult offspring are to meet each other at...
Forum: Air travel October 4th, 2009, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By singlemalt
Meeting at CDG

My two adult offspring are to meet each other at CDG in about 10 days. Is
there a single, unmistakable place they could meet where there would be not
confusion whatsoever as to where it is, e.g....
Forum: USA & Canada October 1st, 2009, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 5
Posted By singlemalt
Curious about light link at Sea Tacq

"James Silverton" wrote in message
singlemalt wrote on Wed, 30 Sep 2009 12:22:21 -0500:

Just got back from...
Forum: USA & Canada September 30th, 2009, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 5
Posted By singlemalt
Curious about light link at Sea Tacq

Just got back from Seattle, actually Poulsbo, and notice the light rail
system from Westlake to the airport. When we arrived at the airport to come
home I noticed the rail line seemed to terminate ...
Forum: Europe September 17th, 2009, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 38
Posted By singlemalt
International Driver's License

How essential is it that we have this license to drive around France. We
have made several trips to Europe before and rented a car and never did get
one. I feel, this time, like I might be pushing...
Forum: Europe September 17th, 2009, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By singlemalt
River cruise in France

"Dead Dick" wrote in message
I'm considering a July 2010 river cruise in France on Viking River
Cruises. Has anyone...
Forum: Europe September 10th, 2009, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 18
Posted By singlemalt
Crew socks that dry quickly--e.g. for washing in a sink

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
mike wrote:
On Sep 9, 10:45 am, "JohnT" wrote:
Forum: Europe August 30th, 2009, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 74
Posted By singlemalt
Quick question on accommodations in France

"But make sure that your credit card is of a Chip and Pin type compatible
with the system used in France, and avoid arriving too late at night."

What is a Chip and Pin type credit card? Does that...
Forum: Europe August 30th, 2009, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 74
Posted By singlemalt
Quick question on accommodations in France

"Mike Lane" wrote in message
Terry wrote on Aug 30, 2009:

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 12:25:58 +1000,...
Forum: USA & Canada August 27th, 2009, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
Posted By singlemalt
new braunfels or fredericksburg

San Antonio is not that far from either place. I35 from SAT to NB. I10
from SAT to Kerrville then north to F'burg. Austin has a lot to offer but it
sort of depends on your personal tastes. Lots of...
Forum: USA & Canada August 27th, 2009, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
Posted By singlemalt
new braunfels or fredericksburg

For a real German experience, I am afraid that you wil be disappointed with
both. I live in Austin and I go to Fredericksburg often on my way to work in
Kerrville. I also go to work in New...
Forum: Europe August 9th, 2009, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 14
Posted By singlemalt
SNCF website

Thanks again to all of you for your advice. Of course, I must factor in my
own incompetence in such endeavors as these but the only thing that has
worked for me is the www.parisbytrain.com that has...
Forum: Europe August 9th, 2009, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 14
Posted By singlemalt
SNCF website

"Runge17" wrote in message
Ah the op hadn't risen this up.
OK.

"Hatunen" a écrit dans le message de
Forum: USA & Canada August 9th, 2009, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 5
Posted By singlemalt
need help on traveling to Europe...

"almostbob" wrote in message
Gary posts from AOL what can you expect

And he also uses a Compaq. Gary, start with getting a...
Forum: Europe August 8th, 2009, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 14
Posted By singlemalt
SNCF website

My intent is to purchase tickets for the TGV for my whole family from Paris
CDG to Montpelier and pick them up at the CDG station when I arrive. I did
that once some years ago and it worked just...
Forum: Air travel July 28th, 2009, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 6
Posted By singlemalt
United Free Ticket Voucher?

"AES" wrote in message
Volunteered for a "bump" (actually, a delay to a later flight) on a
United flight, got a...
Forum: Europe July 22nd, 2009, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By singlemalt
CDG to Brive le Gaillarde

I can't get the SNCF site to function. Can anyone tell me about how long
this trip is? Thanks.J.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 135