Showing results 1 to 25 of 51
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul Michaels
Forum: USA & Canada January 10th, 2012, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Michaels
Two Tails Ranch Elephant & Exotic Animal Sanctuary Pictures -Williston, FL

We took advantage of a Groupon and went to check out the elephants at
Two Tails Ranch located in Williston, FL. There were a few Asian
Elephants along with two zebras, an ostrich, a goose, a hedgehog...
Forum: USA & Canada September 7th, 2011, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Michaels
Sante Fe Community College Teaching Zoo Pictures - Gainesville, FL

We visited the Sante Fe Community College Teaching Zoo here in
Gainesville, FL for the first time this past weekend. The admission
cost is only $5 per person. Our favorite animals to admire were...
Forum: USA & Canada May 28th, 2011, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Michaels
Pana'ewa Zoo & Pua Mau Botanical Garden - Big Island, Hawaii

I just finished uploading two sets of pictures from our visit to the
Big Island of Hawaii. The first is from the Pana'ewa Rainforest Zoo
over in Hilo and the second is from the Pua Mau Place...
Forum: USA & Canada April 26th, 2011, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 2
Posted By Paul Michaels
Hapuna Beach State Park Pictures (+ Snorkeling Underwater) - BigIsland, Hawaii

One of the best beaches we visited on the Big Island of Hawaii was
Hapuna Beach over on the Kohala Coast about 45 minutes north of our
vacation rental in Kailua-Kona.

I used a Canon SD700 compact in...
Forum: Latin America April 25th, 2011, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Michaels
Cordoba City Pictures - Cordoba Province, Argentina

We went to Cordoba to visit some extended family. As usual, I snapped
a lot of pictures of the trip.

Here's the gallery -...
Forum: USA & Canada March 17th, 2011, 09:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Michaels
Anaeho'omalu (A-Bay) Beach Snorkeling Pictures - Big Island of Hawaii

I just uploaded my pictures from our snorkeling trip to the
Anaeho'omalu or "A-Bay" beach located on the Kohala Coast on the Kona
side of the Big Island of Hawaii.

It's a beautiful beach for...
Forum: Latin America February 16th, 2011, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Michaels
Parque Recreativo El Descanso Pictures & Video - Los Cocos, Cordoba, Argentina

While visiting family in the Cordoba region of Argentina, we took a
drive over to the town of Los Cocos to check out the hedge maze or
"laberinto" in El Descanso park.

It was a free attraction and...
Forum: Latin America October 28th, 2010, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Michaels
Mendoza City Pictures - Wine Region of Argentina

Another nice side trip we took while visiting Buenos Aires was going
to Mendoza to tour the region's wineries or "bodegas".

Rather than rent a car and end up driving while intoxicated, we hired
a...
Forum: Latin America October 26th, 2010, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Michaels
Mar Del Plata City & Beach Pictures - Argentina

I just uploaded a little over 400 pictures from our side trip to Mar
Del Plata while we were visiting Buenos Aires, Argentina. It was a
great way to escape the brutal heat that summer in BsAs. We...
Forum: Latin America August 25th, 2010, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Michaels
Buenos Aires Design Mall + Buquebus To Colonia, Argentina

I just uploaded pictures from our trip to the Buenos Aires Design Mall
and also from a ferry ride on the Buquebus over to Colonia.

Here are the galleries...
Forum: Latin America May 20th, 2010, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Michaels
Santiago City Bus Tour Pictures - Chile

We took a bus ride over from Mendoza (the wine region of Argentina) to
Santiago for a few days to see the city and booked a tour with our
hotel.

It was a half day tour with stops at the Castillo...
Forum: Latin America May 15th, 2010, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Michaels
Parque Natural Metropolitano Pictures - Panama City, Panama

One of the highlights of our trip to Panama City was visiting the
Metropolitan Natural Park located about 10 minutes from downtown.We
hiked up to the lookout area to see the Panama City skyline....
Forum: Latin America May 9th, 2010, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Michaels
Panama City Tour Pictures - Panama, Central America

I just uploaded several hundred pictures from our last trip to Panama
City, Panama. We had rented a car to do some sightseeing and also went
on a professionally guided tour of the city.

We made...
Forum: Latin America April 18th, 2010, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Michaels
Calle Florida Shopping District Pictures - Buenos Aires

One of the most popular places to shop in Buenos Aires is the Calle
Florida pedestrian only street located near the Plaza de Mayo in the
city center.

It was a rainy day, but we walked down the...
Forum: USA & Canada April 14th, 2010, 08:37 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 1
Posted By Paul Michaels
Maverick Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour Pictures

During our last trip to Las Vegas, we went on a Maverick Helicopters
tour from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon. The tour also passed over
Lake Mead, the Colorado River, Fortification Hill, and then The...
Forum: Latin America April 2nd, 2010, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Michaels
Costanera Norte Pictures - Buenos Aires, Argentina

One of the best places to go for a stroll in Buenos Aires is the
Costanera Norte area sandwiched between the domestic airport and the
Rio de la Plata. If you get hungry, there are plenty of...
Forum: Latin America March 22nd, 2010, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Michaels
Bodega Weinert Winery Tour Pictures - Lujan de Cuyo, Mendoza,Argentina

Another one of the great wineries we visited during a short stay in
Mendoza, was the Bodega y Cavas de Weinert located in the Lujan de
Cuyo area.

Here's my photo gallery from the tour...
Forum: Latin America March 20th, 2010, 05:15 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Michaels
Machu Picchu & Inca Trail Pictures - Cusco, Peru

I just uploaded all of the pictures from a trip on the Inka Trail to
the ancient lost city of Machu Picchu. We spent a few days in Cusco
getting used to the higher climate and seeing some of the...
Forum: Latin America March 6th, 2010, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Michaels
Alto Palermo Shopping Mall Pictures - Buenos Aires Trip

Alto Palermo was the closest shopping mall to our vacation rental
apartment in the Palermo neighborhood of Buenos Aires during our trip.
So we went there a few times to shop and to the movie theater....
Forum: USA & Canada February 23rd, 2010, 06:57 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Michaels
Las Vegas, NV - Vacation Pictures - Rehab, SEMA, & The Strip

I just uploaded three pages of pictures from my last Las Vegas trip.
We went to the SEMA Auto Show, did the usual walking and gambling
around The Las Vegas Strip and hit up the Rehab Sunday Pool...
Forum: USA & Canada January 31st, 2010, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 2
Posted By Paul Michaels
Kachina Peaks Wilderness Pictures - Coconino County, AZ

I just uploaded photos from a hike in the Kachina Peaks Wilderness
park in the Coconino National Forest. This area is about 6 miles
(10km) north of Flagstaff, AZ.

It was a really nice hike,...
Forum: Latin America January 29th, 2010, 08:06 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Michaels
Abasto Shopping Center Pictures - Balvanera, Buenos Aires

The Abasto Shopping Mall has about 250 stores, a kids carnival, an
arcade, movie theater and much more. I took some pictures during our
visit.

Here's the gallery...
Forum: USA & Canada November 23rd, 2009, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 1
Posted By Paul Michaels
Pacsafe TravelSafe 12L Anti-Theft Bag For Cameras & Laptop - Review

I'm going on a trip across the US soon and I've been paranoid about
having my camera gear or laptop stolen. We'll be staying in hotels,
hostels, and vacation rentals plus traveling in rental...
Forum: Latin America October 15th, 2009, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Michaels
San Telmo Fair (Feria de San Pedro Telmo) Pictures - Buenos Aires,Argentina

On a warm Sunday during our visit to Buenos Aires, we took a long walk
from Palermo all the way down to the San Telmo neighborhood.

The San Telmo Fair or "Feria de San Telmo" takes places every...
Forum: Latin America October 8th, 2009, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Michaels
Buenos Aires Zoo (Jardin Zoologico) Pictures & Video - Buenos Aires,Argentina

Before we discovered the nicer but much further away Temaiken Zoo, we
visited the "Jardin Zoologico" (Buenos Aires Zoo) located in the
Palermo neighborhood of BsAs.

It was only about $12 pesos for...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 51