Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 2.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mxsmanic
Forum: Air travel August 10th, 2012, 04:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By Mxsmanic
Alaska Airlines still doesn't care about safety

writes:

Arm waving response with zero content as expected.

If you can't stop talking about me, join my fan club. This isn't the place for
it.

If you have something...
Forum: Air travel August 10th, 2012, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By Mxsmanic
Alaska Airlines still doesn't care about safety

writes:

I notice you keep talking about "reports" that are neither named nor
quoted.

Google is your friend. They are all available online, and they are...
Forum: Air travel August 10th, 2012, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By Mxsmanic
Alaska Airlines still doesn't care about safety

writes:

And just where was that, exactly?

If you've read all the reports, as I have, you know that the constant
extensions of maintenance intervals ultimately resulted...
Forum: Air travel August 9th, 2012, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By Mxsmanic
Alaska Airlines still doesn't care about safety

Bert writes:

But it's from The Government, so it must be good.

I think that was essentially what Alaska Airlines has claimed in both cases,
but the argument rings a bit hollow, especially to next...
Forum: Air travel August 9th, 2012, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By Mxsmanic
Alaska Airlines still doesn't care about safety

JohnT writes:

But the FAA said it was safe to fly.

The FAA approved the maintenance delays back in 2000, too. And look where that
led. Just because the FAA doesn't forbid something doesn't make...
Forum: Air travel August 9th, 2012, 11:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting;,rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By Mxsmanic
Alaska Airlines still doesn't care about safety

You'd think that losing an entire aircraft with 88 people aboard due to greed
and inadequate maintenance would have taught Alaska Airlines something, but it
hasn't. Look at this latest example of...
Forum: Air travel December 3rd, 2011, 12:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air,alt.airline,alt.true-crime,alt.airports
Replies: 2
Posted By Mxsmanic
Don't Blame the Chicken, AA Passenger Killed by Klan Spooks

mansue.com writes:

?It's been a rough week for American Airlines. Not only did the
company file for bankruptcy protection, but a widow is claiming her
husband died sweaty after eating the...
Forum: Air travel November 2nd, 2011, 04:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 37
Posted By Mxsmanic
At least 4 jets strand Conn. passengers for hours

Kurt Ullman writes:

Nope. I can kick you off my property at will even if you are OWS and
are occupying. No repercussions because there is no requirement that I
give you freedom of speech....
Forum: Air travel November 2nd, 2011, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 37
Posted By Mxsmanic
At least 4 jets strand Conn. passengers for hours

Kurt Ullman writes:

But the law itself has no other Constitutional backing.

It was passed by Congress, which is only possible because the Constitution
says that Congress can do this. Therefore it...
Forum: Air travel November 1st, 2011, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 37
Posted By Mxsmanic
At least 4 jets strand Conn. passengers for hours

DevilsPGD writes:

No; but not due to constitutional restrictions, there are other laws
which prohibit such (or rather, which define penalties for doing so)

The "other law" is 49 USC § 40127...
Forum: Air travel November 1st, 2011, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 37
Posted By Mxsmanic
At least 4 jets strand Conn. passengers for hours

Kurt Ullman writes:

That is written law, not constitutional.

The Constitution is written, too, and it grants authority to Congress to pass
laws.
Forum: Air travel November 1st, 2011, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 37
Posted By Mxsmanic
At least 4 jets strand Conn. passengers for hours

Sancho Panza writes:

A law passed by Congress and signed by the President prohibits that.

You know, it's not that hard to actually look things up.

The "law passed by Congress" is 49 USC § 40127....
Forum: Air travel November 1st, 2011, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 37
Posted By Mxsmanic
At least 4 jets strand Conn. passengers for hours

Fly Guy writes:

Can an airline have a policy where blacks are seated at the back of a
plane?

No. It's prohibited by 49 USC § 40127, Prohibitions on discrimination,
paragraph (a). Paragraph (b)...
Forum: Air travel November 1st, 2011, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 37
Posted By Mxsmanic
At least 4 jets strand Conn. passengers for hours

DevilsPGD writes:

You should read up on that. (Hint, it's governmental action only.)

No, it's not. Constitutional provisions apply to the government only when they
specifically say that they...
Forum: Air travel November 1st, 2011, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 37
Posted By Mxsmanic
At least 4 jets strand Conn. passengers for hours

Kurt Ullman writes:

Again, that is most likely subject to availability of crews to bring
the stairs around, was there any place in the overcrowded airport to
move the planes that did not...
Forum: Air travel November 1st, 2011, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 37
Posted By Mxsmanic
At least 4 jets strand Conn. passengers for hours

Kurt Ullman writes:

Constitutional rights only impact on governmental actions, not the
actions of a private entity.

Completely false. Every entity must respect most Constitutional...
Forum: Air travel November 1st, 2011, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 94
Posted By Mxsmanic
Using electronic devices during take-off and landing

Sancho Panza writes:

Apparently the TSA does not consider them priority locations. But those
who interested in such data thank you for posting the useful information
worldwide.

Yeah, they...
Forum: Air travel October 30th, 2011, 03:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 94
Posted By Mxsmanic
Using electronic devices during take-off and landing

William Black writes:

When did you last even speak to a flight attendant, never mind correct one.

Professionally? I don't know. I've never kept a log of my interactions with
flight attendants.
Forum: Air travel October 30th, 2011, 07:11 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 94
Posted By Mxsmanic
Using electronic devices during take-off and landing

Fly Guy writes:

I had an exit-row window seat for all but one flight.

In an exit-row seat you have special responsibilities that are incompatible
with operation of gadgets below 10,000 feet.
Forum: Air travel October 30th, 2011, 07:09 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 94
Posted By Mxsmanic
Using electronic devices during take-off and landing

William Black writes:

And when did you last do this?

No flight attendant has ever made a mistake with respect to me that required
being set straight.
Forum: Air travel October 30th, 2011, 07:08 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 94
Posted By Mxsmanic
Cyberflying???

mag3 writes:

Misinformed as they may be, they're still "in charge" on the aircraft, and can
get you into some serious trouble with the authorities, air marhsalls, TSA etc.

Not as much as they...
Forum: Air travel October 30th, 2011, 07:06 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 94
Posted By Mxsmanic
Cyberflying???

mag3 writes:

Which, brings us back to the original issue... Those same "informed passengers"
are more likely the ones to gripe about people using electronics below 10,000ft. :-)

It depends if...
Forum: Air travel October 30th, 2011, 07:05 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 94
Posted By Mxsmanic
CyberFlying???

tim.... writes:

IMO the reason for the rule is as I stated, but the PR people morphed it
into the "because these things interfere with the electronics" answer
because the real reason is one...
Forum: Air travel October 30th, 2011, 07:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 94
Posted By Mxsmanic
CyberFlying???

tim.... writes:

I am disagreeing with it, unless you can come up with something better you
cannot say that my reason is wrong

You can believe whatever you want.
Forum: Air travel October 27th, 2011, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 94
Posted By Mxsmanic
Using electronic devices during take-off and landing

Tom P writes:

I agree - except that I have had an FA tell me to turn it off and no
discussions allowed.

Discussion is always allowed, as long as you follow any safety-relevant
instructions.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250