Showing results 1 to 25 of 158
Search took 3.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Nonnymus[_7_]
Forum: Cruises March 14th, 2009, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 14
Posted By Nonnymus[_7_]
THe Carnival family of cruise lines

George Leppla wrote:

"p erlenbach" wrote in message
On 3/14/09 4:27 PM, in article , "George
Forum: Cruises March 14th, 2009, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 14
Posted By Nonnymus[_7_]
THe Carnival family of cruise lines

Chrissy Cruiser wrote:
On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 10:27:52 -0500, George Leppla wrote:

We live in interesting times.

As opposed to when times weren't interesting? When was that?

About any time...
Forum: Cruises March 14th, 2009, 01:36 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 74
Posted By Nonnymus[_7_]
So how's business? - A quick look at how the cruise lines areadjusting to the economy

Chrissy Cruiser wrote:
On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 15:14:54 -0700, Nonnymus wrote:

Chrissy Cruiser wrote:
On Sun, 08 Mar 2009 16:45:03 -0700, Nonnymus wrote:

People simply don't feel...
Forum: Cruises March 12th, 2009, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 114
Posted By Nonnymus[_7_]
Cruise Critic Censorship

George Leppla wrote:

A little "something" I enjoy doing on a cruise is to sit in a lounge
area reading a book. Eventually, my lips get tired and I need to take a
break from reading. I've found...
Forum: Cruises March 12th, 2009, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises

Chrissy Cruiser wrote:
On Sun, 08 Mar 2009 16:45:03 -0700, Nonnymus wrote:

People simply don't feel wealthy or even comfortably secure nowadays.

If you are talking about those who...
Forum: Cruises March 12th, 2009, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 114
Posted By Nonnymus[_7_]
Cruise Critic Censorship

This whole thing is silly, and smacks of sour grapes by someone who
thinks someone else got something that they didn't.

FWIW, when I say something nice about a person, company or cruise line,
I...
Forum: Cruises March 10th, 2009, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 74
Posted By Nonnymus[_7_]
So how's business? - A quick look at how the cruise lines are...

Surfer E2468 wrote:
Have no problem with disposing of a loved ones remains,we are both to be
cremated the same day we move on.No muss no fuss

Agreed- in fact, we keep a do-it-yourself kit...
Forum: Cruises March 8th, 2009, 11:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 74
Posted By Nonnymus[_7_]
So how's business? - A quick look at how the cruise lines areadjusting to the economy

Unca Pete wrote:
"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
.
What is sad is that those baby boomers now...
Forum: Cruises March 4th, 2009, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 39
Posted By Nonnymus[_7_]
Same itinerary twice?

Becca wrote:
Ermalee wrote:
D Ball wrote:
Hi Diana,

Didn't you do the Baltics? You liked Alaska more than the Baltics?

--Tom

Forum: Cruises March 4th, 2009, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 51
Posted By Nonnymus[_7_]
Cruise pricing based on passenger residence

Becca wrote:
Charles wrote:
Yes, but not really. This really is waffling. I have a Solstice sailing
booked as a placeholder in 2010 to keep an onboard booking credit
active that I made a...
Forum: Cruises March 3rd, 2009, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 4
Posted By Nonnymus[_7_]
Tipping

Clint wrote:
$12.00 per day, per rerson, on the Soultice, seems a little high....fixed
income senior

Just do like some folk. Pick a fight with the cabin attendant and
waiter. That...
Forum: Cruises March 3rd, 2009, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 39
Posted By Nonnymus[_7_]
Same itinerary twice?

Going on just the subject line alone, I have to admit that getting old
has some benefit. I can go on the same itinerary twice and never notice
it. grin

--
Nonny
Elected officials should...

Ermalee wrote:
Nonnymus wrote:

Nonny, are you hankerin' to do that one again?

Love it, Erm. Of course, the good company was what made it so special.

You comin' out here before...
Forum: Cruises March 2nd, 2009, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 39
Posted By Nonnymus[_7_]
Same itinerary twice?

Ermalee wrote:
Nonnymus wrote:
Ermalee wrote:

D Ball wrote:

Hi Diana,

Didn't you do the Baltics? You liked Alaska more than the Baltics?
Forum: Cruises March 1st, 2009, 05:42 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 39
Posted By Nonnymus[_7_]
Same itinerary twice?

Ermalee wrote:
D Ball wrote:
Hi Diana,

Didn't you do the Baltics? You liked Alaska more than the Baltics?

--Tom

Yes...not even close.
Forum: Cruises February 23rd, 2009, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 11
Posted By Nonnymus[_7_]
Heading to the Solstice

Sue Mullen wrote:

Nonnymus wrote:
Clint wrote:
Me and the cow just got of the Soultice, OK, but awful coffee!
"If this mis coffee, give me tea, if this is tea give me coffee"

Forum: Cruises February 23rd, 2009, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 11
Posted By Nonnymus[_7_]
Heading to the Solstice

Clint wrote:
Me and the cow just got of the Soultice, OK, but awful coffee!
"If this mis coffee, give me tea, if this is tea give me coffee"

We found both the regular and decaf to be excellent. ...
Forum: Cruises February 21st, 2009, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 1
Posted By Nonnymus[_7_]
Retreat in a Russian Village!

gvozdok wrote:
e in its primeval form – come over!

My website: http://www.actualeducation.com/village/

Beautiful photos. I wish you good luck in your venture.

--
Nonny
Elected officials...

Charles wrote:
Sue Mullen wrote:

We both thought the Solstice handled the seas just fine, but then we
never get sea sick. People have to realize that it is a...
Forum: Cruises February 20th, 2009, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 29
Posted By Nonnymus[_7_]
Solstice and motion sickness

Several people commented to me that there was something about the
Solstice's motion- particularly in the first few days- that gave them
more motion sickness-type grief than other ships. I don't...
Forum: Cruises February 19th, 2009, 05:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 49
Posted By Nonnymus[_7_]
Solstice GGC 2009 Picture Gallery

Jean O'Boyle wrote:

Nonny, I'm surprised that you did not utilize your little gadget there and
sit back and watch! ;-)
Are you feeling better? Hope it was just a sore throat from laughing...
Forum: Cruises February 19th, 2009, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 49
Posted By Nonnymus[_7_]
Solstice GGC 2009 Picture Gallery

Jeff wrote:
Susette wrote:

so the Grass was a waste? I can not see the purpose really of it. What
did they do play botchee ball on it? How about the glass show?
somethings are just odd...
Forum: Cruises February 18th, 2009, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises

Sue Mullen wrote:

Nonnymus wrote:
Sue Mullen wrote:

Susette wrote:

so the Grass was a waste? I can not see the purpose really of it. What
Forum: Cruises February 18th, 2009, 01:05 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 0
Posted By Nonnymus[_7_]
Minor annoyances

Over the years, we've enjoyed many cruises. While we're not up there
with the pros like Tobie, George and others, we've been on quite a few.
Something we commented upon during the Solstice...
Forum: Cruises February 17th, 2009, 05:07 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 49
Posted By Nonnymus[_7_]
Solstice GGC 2009 Picture Gallery

Sue Mullen wrote:

Tom, we loved everything about the Solstice, except maybe the storage in
the cabins and that wasn't all that bad.

The ship was gorgeous and the service was very, very...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 158