Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.78 seconds.
Forum: Air travel December 18th, 2012, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Find it impossible to use laptop on flight - cramped for typing (any advice)

For some reason I find it too cramped to use a laptop in flight.
This is surprising since my laptop is relatively small and compact, with only a 11.6" screen. I find the seat space (extent and...
Forum: Air travel August 9th, 2008, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Meals on planes

I feel like I am always playing Russian roulette when it comes to
meals on the plane.
Airlines no longer serve food (which considering the selection/quality
is probably a good thing). And depending...
Forum: Air travel July 7th, 2008, 06:31 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Strategies on getting the best domestic airfare

I am looking for strategies on getting the best air fare for domestic
travel, including doing well with priceline and hotwire. Please post
your own personal strategies that work well or point to a...
Forum: USA & Canada June 15th, 2008, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 53
Posted By [email protected]
Driving rules of the road in Canada vs. US

I am a US citizen driving to vancouver. Are there any differences in
the driving rules-of-the-road in Canada vs. the U.S? I want to avoid
any unexpected citations.
Thanks
Forum: USA & Canada June 14th, 2007, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Converting money on trip to Vancouver

Do you recall the amount of fees you have been charged exchanging at
Vancouver Bullion & Currency Exchange
Thanks

On Jun 12, 10:17 pm, (Király) wrote:
Forum: USA & Canada June 13th, 2007, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Converting money on trip to Vancouver

I was just in Vancouver and decided not to convert any of my US
dollars into Canadian.
The exchange rate is running about 6% and local places in Vancouver
were converting at 1.3% less and charging a...
Forum: USA & Canada May 21st, 2007, 08:40 PM Posted to alt.cellular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.travel.canada,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Best place to rent a mobile phone in Vancouver, B.C (My Verizon rates are too steep)

How much do Canadian pay phones charge to call a toll free #, to
connect to onesuite?
Thanks

The prepaid GSM cards and phone rentals are no great deal for Canada. I
was in Canada for a week...
Forum: USA & Canada May 20th, 2007, 04:21 AM Posted to alt.cellular,alt.cellular.verizon,alt.travel.canada,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Best place to rent a mobile phone in Vancouver, B.C (My Verizon rates are too steep)

I have Verizon Wireless mobile phone service in the United States.
I will be spending a week in Vancouver, B.C., Canada. Verizon charges .
69 cents a minute for all calls while roaming in Canada and...
Forum: Air travel August 19th, 2006, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
up-to-date government website with whats banned in carryon luggage?

With so much uncertainty with air safety, I was wondering if there was
a government website that I can quickly scan before my trips thats
always up to date and tells me what is currently banned in...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9