Showing results 1 to 25 of 94
Search took 0.65 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Piero
Forum: USA & Canada July 21st, 2012, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By Piero
International driving licence?

Il 21/07/2012 10:41, Anonymous ha scritto:

You're confusing the fake international licenses with the official
ones. The fake international licenses are merely translations.

There are 2 kind of...
Forum: USA & Canada July 19th, 2012, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By Piero
International driving licence?

Il 19/07/2012 16:44, Mark Brader ha scritto:

When/where is an international licence needed please?

In some countries that don't speak English (this being the language on
your UK license). ...
Forum: Europe February 19th, 2010, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 264
Posted By Piero
Traveling to Europe (again)

Cathy L ha scritto:

We will be taking another trip to Europe in May. I would love to get
some "tips" on how to make the trip more enjoyable.

Are you from USA?
We traveled in USA 4 times in the...
Forum: Air travel January 21st, 2010, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By Piero
Ryanair London–Palermo

Tristan Miller ha scritto:

Ryanair's website doesn't have any flights between London-Stanstead and
Palermo listed after 25 March. Have they stopped taking bookings more than
two months...
Forum: Europe October 9th, 2009, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By Piero
Best time to hike in the Dolomites

Dick Snyder ha scritto:

My wife and I are going to do some hiking in the Dolomites next year. We are
thinking either of June or September. Our experience hiking in June in
Switzerland was that...
Forum: Europe September 23rd, 2009, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 51
Posted By Piero
Naples Worthwhile?

Ken Blake ha scritto:

It depends entirely on what you like. Not to try to talk you into
anything, but I prefer Capri.

I'm Italian, but I was only once in Capri 29 years ago, in November,...
Forum: Europe September 23rd, 2009, 12:47 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 51
Posted By Piero
Naples Worthwhile?

Martin ha scritto:

Somebody I knew had a problem with his car that was parked in a secure hotel car
park in Naples. In the morning it was found that the car had done a long trip
during the...
Forum: Europe September 22nd, 2009, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 51
Posted By Piero
Naples Worthwhile?

Walt Bilofsky ha scritto:

Grazie, Piero. Yes, we are always careful with valuables and aware of
other people when walking in large cities.

Would it make sense to stay two or three nights...
Forum: Europe September 22nd, 2009, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 51
Posted By Piero
Naples Worthwhile?

Jack Campin - bogus address ha scritto:

Some of us actually WANT to buy fake goods.

Yes, if they are fake that seems true also out of the box, but in old
times they sold electronics equipments...
Forum: Europe September 22nd, 2009, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 51
Posted By Piero
Naples Worthwhile?

Walt Bilofsky ha scritto:

1) Is Naples now a good walking-around city? Worth a couple of days?

I'm Italian (not from Naples, so, like many Italians, I too love and
hate Naples).
Naples is a...
Forum: Europe September 18th, 2009, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 38
Posted By Piero
International Driver's License

nightjar cpb@ ha scritto:

"Frank Hucklenbroich" wrote in message
Exactly. And once your local licence is...
Forum: USA & Canada August 1st, 2009, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 18
Posted By Piero
Hotels with Free Internet access

JohnW ha scritto:

We're up north this year (Illinios, Michigan and
neighbouring states and would like a bit more choice as to where to
stay.

The Motel chain 'Super8' has free WiFi in all...
Forum: Europe July 24th, 2009, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 13
Posted By Piero
Websites for driving laws in Europe

bartc ha scritto:

It might be an idea to check for fuel strikes too. I got caught out a
couple of weeks back, in a rental car on the way to the airport.

You was very unlucky.
They, last years,...
Forum: Europe July 23rd, 2009, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 13
Posted By Piero
Websites for driving laws in Europe

Jules ha scritto:

Are there any good websites people can recomend, googled but getting nothing
i can print out, and be sure is right...

I can give some advice on Italy, where I live...
Driving...
Forum: Europe July 22nd, 2009, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By Piero
Map of Trentino-Alto Adige region of Italy

Dick Snyder ha scritto:
Can anyone recommend a good map I can buy for the Trentio-Alto Adige region
of Italy?

This one is in Italian, sorry, but you will find any kind of map of
Italy, only...
Forum: Europe July 10th, 2009, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 18
Posted By Piero
Viareggio- beaches

David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) ha scritto:
I remember a beach in
Crete that could only be reached after an hour's walk over the hills,
and there was a chap renting them!)

The only things...
Forum: Europe July 8th, 2009, 07:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 18
Posted By Piero
Viareggio- beaches

David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) ha scritto:

That's great- we'd want to
hire them- but on a recent trip to Sardinia we found that their hire was
often limited to hotel guests. Is this likely...
Forum: Europe July 8th, 2009, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 31
Posted By Piero
When I was in Italy - I froze

Brian ha scritto:
On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 22:54:48 -0700 (PDT), Mister B
wrote:

Did you take your sweater off?

B;

What sweater? Always in short sleeves and...
Forum: Europe July 7th, 2009, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 31
Posted By Piero
When I was in Italy - I froze

Brian ha scritto:

We were in Italy two years ago and there were many establishments that
we were sweating in even though they were supposedly air conditioned.

I come in US 4 times, and every...
Forum: Europe July 5th, 2009, 11:55 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 31
Posted By Piero
When I was in Italy - I froze

Gregory Morrow ha scritto:

If you think Italian heating is terrible try Italian air conditioning...

As U.S. air conditioning you mean those old boxes under windows, roaring
like farm engines,...
Forum: Europe July 3rd, 2009, 07:55 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 31
Posted By Piero
When I was in Italy - I froze

Justin ha scritto:

Even if I have to wear a parka at night during the winter I wouldn't
mind living there! The Summers would be worth it.

If you own your heating system, you can forget this...
Forum: Europe June 5th, 2009, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,sci.lang
Replies: 28
Posted By Piero
The Meaning of "Novecento" in Italian

ha scritto:

Good question! I just tried it again. It turned out that "Novecento"---
with upper-case of N---is translated into "The 1900's", but the lower-
case version...
Forum: Europe June 5th, 2009, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,sci.lang
Replies: 28
Posted By Piero
The Meaning of "Novecento" in Italian

ALAN HARRISON ha scritto:

Incidentally, using the alternative "secolo" nomenclature, one of the
strange newspaper names in which Italy abounds is "Il Secolo XIX". Probably
conatins rather...
Forum: Europe May 28th, 2009, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Piero
Getting a sim card in Italy

Jim Watkins ha scritto:

I would like to
buy sim cards for them for so we can at least find each other easily,
as we have somewhat separate plans and would like to be able to
contact each...
Forum: Europe May 24th, 2009, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 25
Posted By Piero
Hotel booking sites for Belgium

Jesper Lauridsen ha scritto:

But so far I haven't really found anything. What is a good site to do this
search on?

I found easily hotels everywhere in the world he http://www.hrs.de
Normally...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 94