Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 0.85 seconds.
Forum: USA & Canada February 18th, 2009, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Yellowstone Trip

camp in a couple of different ones......

if you plan on seeing the whole park, the drives become adventures in
themselves.....

we enjoyed doing the loop over and over, and you might as well...
Forum: USA & Canada February 4th, 2009, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Any tips for using a car's power point?

I am not an expert by any means, but in my experience, you can get a
nice amount of power from a cig lighter....

I had a thing that converted from cig lighter to house power, and then
I plugged in a...
Forum: USA & Canada January 13th, 2009, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
RIP rec.travel.usa-canada.

used to be nice to see the trip reports and think back to your own
trips, or store bits and pieces into the recessof you mind for if and
whenever you may end up there.........

best tip I ever got...
Forum: Caribbean January 13th, 2009, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Jamaica Questions

http://www.rat-dog.com/jamaica/index.html
Forum: USA & Canada October 1st, 2008, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Buffalo, NY - Toronto & 1000 Islands - Buffalo, NY

On Sep 30, 12:06 pm, travel finder wrote:
In mid October, I am going a trip, Buffalo, NY - Toronto & 1000
Islands - Buffalo, NY for 2 nights & 3 days
I will rent a car and...
Forum: USA & Canada June 24th, 2008, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Overnight train without a bedroom

On Jun 23, 7:57*pm, "Rog'" wrote:
"medvall" wrote:
Sitting and sleeping on a full train is pure evil, regardless of age.

Unless you get good...
Forum: USA & Canada June 17th, 2008, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 53
Posted By [email protected]
Driving rules of the road in Canada vs. US

On Jun 16, 6:09*pm, MI wrote:
On 6/16/08 5:59 AM, in article ,

On 2008-06-15...
Forum: USA & Canada June 16th, 2008, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

On 2008-06-15 19:54:39 -0400, "
said:

a good rule with the metric system is...
Forum: USA & Canada June 16th, 2008, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 53
Posted By [email protected]
Driving rules of the road in Canada vs. US

a good rule with the metric system is to double it, and add 32....

so If you usually drink 6 beers in the states, you double it and add
the 32, meaning you drink 44 METRIC beers....

take off eh,...
Forum: USA & Canada June 9th, 2008, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
San Francisco to San Diego

On Jun 8, 6:10 pm, "
wrote:
On Jun 5, 10:14 pm, Shawn Hirn wrote:

In article...
Forum: USA & Canada June 9th, 2008, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
San Francisco to San Diego

On Jun 5, 10:14 pm, Shawn Hirn wrote:
In article ,

Liz78777 wrote:
I am trying to plan my...
Forum: USA & Canada June 7th, 2008, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Can anyone tell me where this location is?

On Jun 7, 8:24*am, " wrote:
I was wondering if anyone would know where this place is? *I suspect
Arizona or Utah, *but am not sure. We would dearly love...
Forum: USA & Canada June 6th, 2008, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Gazoline to expensive to travel to Canada.

On 2008-06-04 21:55:16 -0400, To said:

OK. It says it all. No use to vist Canada especially further North
Forum: USA & Canada June 5th, 2008, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

On Jun 4, 9:55*pm, To wrote:
OK. It says it all. No use to vist Canada especially further North
than the border.

get a better job then......
Forum: USA & Canada April 28th, 2008, 02:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Star Alliance frequent-flier bookings

I had usair put my wife and I on a delta flight, first class, when i
waited till the last minute and using points had my wife and son on
one return flight and myself on another from the dominican...
Forum: USA & Canada April 15th, 2008, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
Best places to change USD into CAD?

On Apr 15, 3:43 am, (Graz) wrote:
What sort of places are best for changing US dollars into Canadian
dollars in the vicinity of border crossings?
Any advice much...
Forum: USA & Canada April 14th, 2008, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Avoid Arizona

On Apr 14, 5:35 am, "I never proof-read my posts."
wrote:
They have a power crazy Sheriff out there who'll round you up and take
you to the border if you are a little too...
Forum: USA & Canada April 9th, 2008, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Barbecues at Grand Canyon North Rim!!

On Apr 9, 1:53 pm, "Keith Willshaw" wrote:
"SMS" wrote in message

Keith Willshaw...
Forum: USA & Canada April 8th, 2008, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Barbecues at Grand Canyon North Rim!!

not exactly barbq, not in the sense of hanging out spinning the meet
with a beer and a flipper....

but a george foreman grill, and a plug in power converter for the
car....

good to go.....
Forum: USA & Canada March 22nd, 2008, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Living in GA vs SC

On Mar 22, 3:35 pm, AZ Nomad wrote:
On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 16:52:21 -0400, - Bobb - wrote:

Anyone with input ? ( and not a realtor yet)
I'm...
Forum: USA & Canada March 10th, 2008, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Niagara Falls in early June

On Mar 10, 2:51 pm, "singlemalt" wrote:
"Dave Smith" wrote in message

Judy Heuman wrote:

Forum: USA & Canada March 10th, 2008, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
What to do/see in Chicago?

On Mar 9, 5:18 pm, wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'll be in Chicago next July on a business trip. I'll probably have 3
full days to wander free. My hotel will be close to...
Forum: Caribbean March 3rd, 2008, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Aruba Travel Restriction

On Feb 27, 12:42 pm, wrote:
On Feb 8, 1:19 am, william boyd wrote:

Travel to Aruba is being considered to be restricted.
--

No it's...
Forum: USA & Canada March 3rd, 2008, 09:04 PM Posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.economics,alt.politics.elections,alt.politics.libertarian,rec.travel.usa-canada

On Mar 3, 2:59 pm, Dave Smith wrote:
Jerry Kraus wrote:

Canada is cool eh!- Hide quoted text -

It's different. Quite unique...
Forum: USA & Canada March 1st, 2008, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Tourist Visa for Cuba

As a matter of interest, when did Cuba become part of Asia? Or of
Europe? And it has not really been part of the USA since 1959. So
why is this query relevant to groups focussed on these...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250