Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mark (SF)
Forum: Cruises August 4th, 2011, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark (SF)
Anyone sailed on Crystal recently?

On Jul 26, 2:36*pm, Rusty wrote:
Hi folks, I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what kind of info
Crystal provides on upcoming ports. *I know they have an excellent
Forum: Cruises August 3rd, 2011, 03:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Jul 26, 2:36*pm, Rusty wrote:
Hi folks, I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me what kind of info
Crystal provides on upcoming ports. *I know they have an excellent
Forum: Cruises March 19th, 2011, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 32
Posted By Mark (SF)
Wheel Chairs

In any event, I don't resent the people who use the wheelchairs.

I wouldn't trade places with the people who need them, nor with the
pathetic life of those who have so little self-worth that...
Forum: Cruises March 16th, 2011, 01:17 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 15
Posted By Mark (SF)
Age Demographics

On Mar 15, 8:13*pm, (Gadget World) wrote:
I just got some info from Princess on a 10 day cruise we are boarding at
the end of the month.

The entertainment would appear...
Forum: Cruises March 16th, 2011, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 2
Posted By Mark (SF)
New Princess ship will be called Royal Princess

On Mar 15, 6:22*pm, Charles wrote:
Princess Cruises Previews Newest Ship as First Steel Plate is Cut in
Shipyard
Royal Princess Announced as Ship's Name

SANTA...
Forum: Cruises March 15th, 2011, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 98
Posted By Mark (SF)
I Never Thought I'd Say This, But...

Over the past 25 years or so, I've seen numerous posts here and
elsewhere with phrases like:
- I'll never cruise line xx again, even if they offered me a free
cruise, I wouldn't accept
- The food...
Forum: Cruises February 12th, 2011, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 8
Posted By Mark (SF)
Oceania Insignia

On Feb 11, 7:36*pm, GodsOnSafari wrote

I think this might be served at Groften, which is located not far from
the main entrance on the northern side of the park. That's...
Forum: Cruises February 12th, 2011, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 8
Posted By Mark (SF)
Oceania Insignia

More on Copenhagen & Stockholm:

Copenhagen - Agree on the canal tour boats. If we're visiting a city
with canals, rivers or a port that offers a boat tour, we're usually
on it. However, the...
Forum: Cruises February 11th, 2011, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 12
Posted By Mark (SF)
Oceania Insignia

On Feb 11, 7:17*am, "Jo Tambornino Chayer" wrote:
July 25-August 8
Ports of call: Stockholm, Helsinki,St.Petersburg,Tallinn,Riga,
Forum: Cruises February 7th, 2011, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 28
Posted By Mark (SF)
Very sad news

On Feb 6, 9:11*pm, Sue Mullen wrote:
On 2/6/2011 6:28 PM, MAS wrote:

On 2/6/2011 6:01 PM, Charles wrote:
In the last few days we have lost two of our friends.

Forum: Cruises February 7th, 2011, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 1
Posted By Mark (SF)
Four Years Ago

As I was watching the Super Bowl, I recalled that it was four years
ago that we braved the cold drizzle to greet the QM2 as she visited
on her maiden call to the City. At the time, I turned to Steve...
Forum: Cruises January 19th, 2011, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 8
Posted By Mark (SF)
some photos from my Caribbean Princess trip

On Jan 19, 11:43*am, Ohioguy wrote:
* *Can anyone recommend a ship or line that tends to have lots of magic
shows? *Thanks!

Nice review, thanks!
Generally, magic acts tend to be...
Forum: Cruises January 19th, 2011, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 4
Posted By Mark (SF)
Caribbean Princess Patter

How was the cruise?
Forum: Cruises January 16th, 2011, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 12
Posted By Mark (SF)
Advice in choosing a cruise

On Jan 16, 8:39*am, Janet Wilder wrote:

If you are used to Royal Caribbean's well-trained crews, you will be
unhappy with the level of service on NCL. *Look for cheap...
Forum: Cruises January 11th, 2011, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 9
Posted By Mark (SF)
Just Back from My cruise.

On Jan 10, 3:47*pm, Janet Wilder wrote:
We got home at about 4 PM yesterday after driving back fro Galveston.
It's about a 6 hour drive.

Welcome home. Looking forward...
Forum: Cruises January 9th, 2011, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 45
Posted By Mark (SF)
shore excursions - how to set up before a Princess cruise?

On Jan 8, 9:21*pm, "Jean O'Boyle" wrote:
"Goomba" wrote in message

Charles wrote:

If he had asked...
Forum: Cruises December 31st, 2010, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 82
Posted By Mark (SF)
As Always, Ask a Professional!

I suspect that next week, Ohioguy will have a health issue and will
then post asking internet strangers if he should delay elective
surgery until after the cruise.

First - with quite an extensive...
Forum: Cruises December 21st, 2010, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 4
Posted By Mark (SF)
Looking for a Cunard travel agent New York City

On Dec 14, 3:48*am, Earl Evleth wrote:
Looking for a Cunard travel agent New York City

E Evleth

While it's not a "personal" recommendation, ther Cunard website has a
search...
Forum: Cruises December 2nd, 2010, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By Mark (SF)
The Royal Princess cruise ship was a rustbucket in 2000. It's nowthe Artemis.

On Dec 1, 11:09*am, werner wrote:
Did they really spend the necessary money ($20 million) to bring it
"back from the dead"?
blah, blah, blah

Forum: Cruises November 10th, 2010, 05:26 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 20
Posted By Mark (SF)
US Navy airlifting supplies to Carnival ship

On Nov 9, 6:53*pm, Charles wrote:
In any case this has to be a bad ordeal for the passengers onboard the
Splendor. There are 4500 passengers and crew onboard with no...
Forum: Cruises November 5th, 2010, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 4
Posted By Mark (SF)
Worse - Sandra Lee Will Now Be Firstish Lady

One of the most irritating hosts on Food Network (granted, there's
some hefty competition there) - Sandra Lee (Almost Homemade) is his
longtime partner.
Forum: Cruises October 14th, 2010, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 12
Posted By Mark (SF)
Room booking

On Oct 13, 3:42*pm, MAS wrote:
Please tell me where you usually book your room and why. *By where, I
mean lower level, higher level, bow, stern, next to other rooms, end of
Forum: Cruises September 19th, 2010, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 13
Posted By Mark (SF)
Westerdam vs. Golden Princess

On Sep 19, 11:57*am, Charles wrote:
In article , Island Grampa

wrote:
If you intend to cruise back, I...
Forum: Cruises September 19th, 2010, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 13
Posted By Mark (SF)
Westerdam vs. Golden Princess

On Sep 19, 10:50*am, Tom K wrote:

But Tobie,

If a summer NYC Bermuda ships repositions to Florida in the fall, they
would do a sailing that starts in NYC and goes...
Forum: Cruises September 18th, 2010, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 9
Posted By Mark (SF)
Cruise ship designer talks about his influence on the industry

On Sep 17, 4:49*pm, Janet Wilder wrote:
...Even if the crew was better
trained and the ship was clean, the dining experience would be that
awful Freestyle, which in no...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250