Showing results 1 to 25 of 110
Search took 1.64 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Kiran
Forum: Asia August 26th, 2009, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By Kiran
Need rolling duffel recommendation?

William Black wrote:

: Expensive luggage in Asia gets bashed about, stolen or robbed from.

I do stay away from expensive luggage and well-known brands myself. So,
yes...
Forum: Air travel August 26th, 2009, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia

William Black wrote:

: Expensive luggage in Asia gets bashed about, stolen or robbed from.

I do stay away from expensive luggage and well-known brands myself. So,
yes...
Forum: Asia August 25th, 2009, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By Kiran
Need rolling duffel recommendation?

It is not the most romantic of all imaginable gifts but that's what my
SO wants so that's what it is going to be: a rolling duffel! :)

However, I am a luggage newbie and would like your...
Forum: Air travel August 25th, 2009, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By Kiran
Need rolling duffel recommendation?

It is not the most romantic of all imaginable gifts but that's what my
SO wants so that's what it is going to be: a rolling duffel! :)

However, I am a luggage newbie and would like your...
Forum: Air travel May 6th, 2007, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 9
Posted By Kiran
Cathay Pacific tickets?

justme wrote:

: I purchased a paper ticket via the net from Cathay Pacific to fly to Colombo
: Sri Lanka on the 4th of April returning on the 17th.
: In the meantime they...
Forum: Europe May 3rd, 2007, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.italian,soc.culture.usa
Replies: 73
Posted By Kiran
How many days in Rome?

: OK, place bets.
:
: Is this guy a troll, or just nuts?
:
: It's six of one and half a dozen of the other. I'm as likely to read
: any of his future posts as I am the hostel spammer.

Gosh, you...
Forum: Air travel May 3rd, 2007, 03:10 AM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.italian,soc.culture.usa
Replies: 67
Posted By Kiran
How many days in Rome?

: OK, place bets.
:
: Is this guy a troll, or just nuts?
:
: It's six of one and half a dozen of the other. I'm as likely to read
: any of his future posts as I am the hostel spammer.

Gosh, you...
Forum: Air travel May 2nd, 2007, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 8
Posted By Kiran
Who pays travel agents?

Hilary wrote:

: Most US travel agents get no commission for published fares, so the only
: way for them to not lose money is to charge a booking fee.

How have things...
Forum: Air travel May 2nd, 2007, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 8
Posted By Kiran
Who pays travel agents?

I haven't done this in a while, but yesterday I went to a travel agency
to buy a ticket. Its locations is convenient to my new office, so I
thought why not. I was surprised when they said they charge...
Forum: Air travel May 1st, 2007, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By Kiran
Multi-destination search

: : : Does anybody know if aa.com or ITA sites can be coaxed to allow more
: : : than 4 flights? Similarly, are there other sites with such capability?
: :
: : Orbitz does allow up to six flights.
:...
Forum: Air travel May 1st, 2007, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By Kiran
Multi-destination search

RPS wrote:

: Newbie wrote:
:
: : Sometimes I have to do a multi-destination search rather than a simple
: : round trip. I have noticed that the site that I normally...
Forum: Europe February 12th, 2007, 10:28 AM Posted to soc.culture.british,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,alt.travel.uk.air,uk.local.london
Replies: 31
Posted By Kiran
London's Heathrow Airport T3, T4 questions

Thanks to all who generously helped with advice and information on how
to get to South Croydon from Heathrow. I have a couple more questions:

1. I would be arriving in T3 (American Airlines). Is...
Forum: Air travel February 12th, 2007, 10:28 AM Posted to soc.culture.british,rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,alt.travel.uk.air,uk.local.london
Replies: 11
Posted By Kiran
London's Heathrow Airport T3, T4 questions

Thanks to all who generously helped with advice and information on how
to get to South Croydon from Heathrow. I have a couple more questions:

1. I would be arriving in T3 (American Airlines). Is...
Forum: Air travel September 19th, 2006, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.thailand
Replies: 21
Posted By Kiran
Is Bangkok safe?

Just heard about a real/attempted coup in Thailand. I had never thought
of Thailand as an unsafe place, but am a little concrened as my cousin
is planning to visit Bangkok in March '07. To get to the...
Forum: Asia September 19th, 2006, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,soc.culture.thailand
Replies: 22
Posted By Kiran
Is Bangkok safe?

Just heard about a real/attempted coup in Thailand. I had never thought
of Thailand as an unsafe place, but am a little concrened as my cousin
is planning to visit Bangkok in March '07. To get to the...
Forum: Air travel September 18th, 2006, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By Kiran
Is this fare likely to go up or down?

Miss L. Toe wrote:
: We need a "Chicago-London-Delhi-Chicago" ticket in Feb/March 2007 with
: one constraint: London-Delhi leg has to be a specific flight on a
: ...
Forum: Air travel September 18th, 2006, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By Kiran
Is this fare likely to go up or down?

We need a "Chicago-London-Delhi-Chicago" ticket in Feb/March 2007 with
one constraint: London-Delhi leg has to be a specific flight on a
specific date to accompany a relative. Other legs are...
Forum: Asia September 4th, 2006, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 19
Posted By Kiran
One packing question for experienced travelers

Shawn Hirn wrote:

: I have no clue what an Air Boss is...

From OP's descrption , a nice carry on bag but lacking the large # of
small pockets his old bag had for pens, cell...
Forum: Air travel September 4th, 2006, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada

Shawn Hirn wrote:

: I have no clue what an Air Boss is...

From OP's descrption , a nice carry on bag but lacking the large # of
small pockets his old bag had for pens, cell...
Forum: Europe September 4th, 2006, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 24

Shawn Hirn wrote:

: I have no clue what an Air Boss is...

From OP's descrption , a nice carry on bag but lacking the large # of
small pockets his old bag had for pens, cell...
Forum: USA & Canada September 4th, 2006, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 20

Shawn Hirn wrote:

: I have no clue what an Air Boss is...

From OP's descrption , a nice carry on bag but lacking the large # of
small pockets his old bag had for pens, cell...
Forum: Europe September 4th, 2006, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 24
Posted By Kiran
One packing question for experienced travelers

mrtravel wrote:

: Now, are you sure you aren't trying to sell the damn things?
: This is, at least, your third thread about this bag.

How funny consdiering you post 1000 x...
Forum: USA & Canada September 4th, 2006, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada

mrtravel wrote:

: Now, are you sure you aren't trying to sell the damn things?
: This is, at least, your third thread about this bag.

How funny consdiering you post 1000 x...
Forum: Asia September 4th, 2006, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada

mrtravel wrote:

: Now, are you sure you aren't trying to sell the damn things?
: This is, at least, your third thread about this bag.

How funny consdiering you post 1000 x...
Forum: Air travel September 4th, 2006, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada