Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 2.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ian F.
Forum: Europe September 7th, 2010, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 67
Posted By Ian F.
Train Schedules, Prices

"Mike Lane" wrote in message

There's nothing in the above eulogy that appeals to me in the...
Forum: Europe August 22nd, 2010, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
Replies: 36
Posted By Ian F.
Transportation option from London City Airport to Regents Park.

"PeterL" wrote in message

We'll be arriving London City Airport at 9 pm. What's the easiest
option...
Forum: Cruises July 24th, 2010, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 75
Posted By Ian F.
How to Avoid Pickpockets

"S Viemeister" wrote in message

Or you could simply add velcro to the pockets of clothing you already
own...

Or they could...
Forum: Europe July 24th, 2010, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 169
Posted By Ian F.
How to Avoid Pickpockets

"S Viemeister" wrote in message

Or you could simply add velcro to the pockets of clothing you already
own...

Or they could...
Forum: Europe July 24th, 2010, 12:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 169
Posted By Ian F.
How to Avoid Pickpockets

"Martin" wrote in message

Avoid behaving and looking like an American tourist.

Absolutely. Why do Americans feel they...
Forum: Cruises July 24th, 2010, 12:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 75
Posted By Ian F.
How to Avoid Pickpockets

"Martin" wrote in message

Avoid behaving and looking like an American tourist.

Absolutely. Why do Americans feel they...
Forum: Europe July 10th, 2010, 08:00 PM Posted to uk.people.silversurfers,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 42
Posted By Ian F.
Sunny climate Holiday question.

"Derek F" wrote in message

One of our near sleep in the street nights was when we unknowingly
arrived in Nice late in the...
Forum: Europe July 9th, 2010, 09:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 14
Posted By Ian F.
U.K. Converter question

"Hatunen" wrote in message

First check the devices. These days many of them will be noted as
120-240v 50-60Hz, which means...
Forum: Europe June 27th, 2010, 07:50 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By Ian F.
Out of touch, out of cash zee Fwench newspaper , Le Monde, may crash et formez

"PJ Odonovan" wrote in message

Out of touch, out of cash zee Fwench newspaper , Le Monde, may...
Forum: Europe June 13th, 2010, 08:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By Ian F.
Cancun to Chichen Itza

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message

Also rec.travel.asia is dead. How about if all rec.travel newsgroups are
merged...
Forum: Europe April 11th, 2010, 09:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Ian F.
London accommodations

"Graham Harrison" wrote in message

In 2006, we spent two nights at the Travel Inn County Hall. Now when...
Forum: Europe March 28th, 2010, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 26
Posted By Ian F.
Free Wifi in the UK

"Zu Kunft" wrote in message

"Well, that pretty much does it. It looks like this newsgroup has gone
the way of the CB radio. It is ruined by a...
Forum: Europe March 8th, 2010, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 80
Posted By Ian F.
Finally decided me - I'm off

Not that many of you will give a toss (maybe Martin? ;-)), but I'm buggering
off from rte. Used to be a great place to go to for, and to offer, advice,
but it's now just a dumping ground for...
Forum: Europe March 2nd, 2010, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 9
Posted By Ian F.
The more things change...

"Frank Clarke" wrote in message

Any advice from the old timers?

Use TripAdvisor! ;-)

Ian
Forum: Europe February 25th, 2010, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 81
Posted By Ian F.
Birmingham

"Frank Hucklenbroich" wrote in message

I don't know about the big shops in the city, I think it depends on the
time of...
Forum: Europe February 23rd, 2010, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 15
Posted By Ian F.
London Bus 27

"Martin" wrote in message

At least three people pointed her at it.

It's. A. Troll.

And it's just posted to say that the...
Forum: Europe February 23rd, 2010, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 21
Posted By Ian F.
The end of a newsgroup

"Cathy L" wrote in message

Well, that pretty much does it. It looks like this newsgroup has gone
the way of the CB...
Forum: Europe February 20th, 2010, 09:31 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 274
Posted By Ian F.
No Top Sheet in Europe

Expensive, anyway!

Isn't Courtyard their budget brand?

Ian
Forum: Europe February 19th, 2010, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 264
Posted By Ian F.
Traveling to Europe (again)

"Cathy L" wrote in message

If I truly upset too many people with my posts, please tell me. Even
better, does anyone...
Forum: Europe February 14th, 2010, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 31
Posted By Ian F.
Lomdon in August

"William Black" wrote in message

You're an idiot.

Nope - 'she' is a troll. And quite a successful one, it seems....
Forum: Europe February 11th, 2010, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 31
Posted By Ian F.
Lomdon in August

"Gregory Morrow" wrote in message

She could holiday in the Dolomites or on Mt. Blanc...

But there's no McDonalds on Mt....
Forum: Europe January 27th, 2010, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 13
Posted By Ian F.
Frankfurt Airport S-Bahn

""Király"" wrote in message

Thanks. Can you suggest something to do at the airport for three
and a half hours, then?

Shopping. A...
Forum: Europe January 20th, 2010, 10:27 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By Ian F.
park plaza vondelpark (amsterdam)

"Hackamore" wrote in message

looks pretty nice online, part of a business class chain.

Rated quite highly on...
Forum: Europe January 19th, 2010, 09:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 44
Posted By Ian F.
Safe Flight to London

"zwart geld" wrote in message

why are you asking us ?
are you a terrorist ?

Nope,...
Forum: Europe January 7th, 2010, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 10
Posted By Ian F.
Croisette beach restaurants devastated

"Michael" wrote in message

I don't know the conditions for each individual beach, but generally the
restaurant owners have to leave...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250