Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Kerry Raymond
Forum: Australia & New Zealand July 25th, 2011, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 2
Posted By Kerry Raymond
Auckland -- Interesting???

No problem to find things to do in Auckland for 2 days, but you are right
that NZ is a place well worth visiting more generally. Having said that
though, I don't think a cruise is the best way to...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand October 5th, 2009, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 3
Posted By Kerry Raymond
Questions Australia

2. My plan is to buy a kilometer pass from Greyhound and go by bus,
does anybody have any experience with that in Australia? Do you just
book the tickets from day to day, or do you need to have...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand October 5th, 2009, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 3
Posted By Kerry Raymond
Questions Australia

This person is only spamming.
Using a related question to try to get readers to go to his website.
He has been doing this for some time in various newsgroups.
Your advices (although useful as...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand July 18th, 2009, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 3
Posted By Kerry Raymond
Perth to Broome - September

We are planning to drive from Perth to Broome in Sept (in a conventional
sedan, not 4WD).

Any particular personal favourites to see/do along this route? We have a
guidebook, so we know about the...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand June 25th, 2009, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 10
Posted By Kerry Raymond
2/3 weeks in Western Australia and/or Tasmania

At that time of year, you want to stay in the southern parts of Australia.
So, I would stick with Tasmania and southern WA (no shortage of things to
see and do at either one of them).

While the...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand June 18th, 2009, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 5
Posted By Kerry Raymond
Flight promotion: best period to buy a ticket for a flight in December from the UK to Australia?

If you are prepared to travel on Christmas Day itself, you can often get a
cheaper price as most people don't want to travel on that day.

As to the movement of prices with time, I think it's a case...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand April 29th, 2009, 07:46 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 11
Posted By Kerry Raymond
Sydney Apartment/cottage/house etc

I didn't even have to ask for the same rate because they simply
offered it to me. But they didn't know that I'd first checked them out
on Wotif.

My guess is that there is a difference from...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand April 28th, 2009, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 11
Posted By Kerry Raymond
Sydney Apartment/cottage/house etc

Another tip. Once you have got it down to a short list it is
often worth ringing the hotel direct and seeing if they will
match the internet offer. Sometimes, not always, they will.

To use...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand April 26th, 2009, 10:46 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 11
Posted By Kerry Raymond
Sydney Apartment/cottage/house etc

I would not expect November to be anywhere near as busy as New Years Eve.

Kerry
Forum: Australia & New Zealand April 26th, 2009, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 11
Posted By Kerry Raymond
Sydney Apartment/cottage/house etc

Going to Sydney for a week in November, looking for a self-catering place,
2 bedrooms, for 3 people, prefer an apartment or cottage/house, whatever I
can find, don't mind where in Sydney it...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand April 10th, 2009, 08:39 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 12
Posted By Kerry Raymond
Mobile phones in Australia

The three gsm carriers have reasonable coverage. They are Telstra, Optus
and Vodafone (all other retail offerings use one of these 3 carriers). I
use Vodafone - simply because their rates are...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand March 18th, 2009, 07:57 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 3
Posted By Kerry Raymond
Cooktown - how long?

Thanks for that.

Has anyone driven up on the inland road now that it is claimed to be sealed
all the way? Is the drive worth it, or should we just fly?

Kerry

" A Mate" ...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand March 15th, 2009, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 3
Posted By Kerry Raymond
Cooktown - how long?

Has anyone been to Cooktown? If so, how long would you suggest? We are
interested in history, but happy to be interested in whatever else is on
offer?

Kerry
Forum: Australia & New Zealand March 7th, 2009, 05:32 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 8
Posted By Kerry Raymond
Australian winery recommendations

Well, in terms of tasting wine, I guess a lot depends on your preference.
But in the Barossa, I think Seppeltsfield (the oldest winery in Australia --
I think -- if not, one of the oldest) is a...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand September 30th, 2008, 10:27 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 14
Posted By Kerry Raymond
Brisbane Flu

I work in the central business district of Brisbane in a university so I
have lots of opportunities to get infected from all those passing people
(and their kangaroos). I've been observing my...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand September 18th, 2008, 10:16 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 5
Posted By Kerry Raymond
Auckland - good restaurants for a special occasion

We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary while on holiday in
Auckland. Any suggestions for good restaurants?

It's an occasion when we aren't too concerned about price (I guess we only...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand August 29th, 2008, 10:51 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 7
Posted By Kerry Raymond
Is Darwin Worth Going to for a Weekend?

Just have two days there and want to relax, eat well, a little sight
see -- no time to get out into the outback. So is it worth it?

Still yes in my opinion. There is easily two days...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand August 27th, 2008, 10:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 5
Posted By Kerry Raymond
Renting an apt on the gold coast

A negotiating tip. If you are trying to do a deal (e.g. short-term rental of
a permanent property or long-term rental of a nightly property), offer to
fully pay up-front on making the deal. Also...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand August 27th, 2008, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 5
Posted By Kerry Raymond
Renting an apt on the gold coast

I'm thinking of going to the gold coast for a month or two to do some
surfing and snorkelling. If i'm staying for wo months, i don't want to
be paying 100 dollars a day for a hotel room, i'd...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand August 24th, 2008, 01:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 4
Posted By Kerry Raymond
Tourist visa for Oz .... problem !!! :-(

"The Blue" wrote in message
Australian visa regulations say that anyone with a *criminal conviction*
cannot
Forum: Australia & New Zealand July 26th, 2008, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 1
Posted By Kerry Raymond
North Island NZ - your suggestions?

Well, you've all said you are sick of spammers and idiots, so cut your teeth
on this serious question ...

We are planning to go to North Island, NZ, for 3-4 weeks in November for a
fly-drive...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand July 11th, 2008, 07:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 2
Posted By Kerry Raymond
offshore snorkeling whitsundays - which island best?

I'm wondering if Heron Island is ok? The fact that it's described as a
"true coral cay"... or is that just more advertising.

Yes, Heron Island is a true coral cay (it isn't just advertising)....
Forum: Australia & New Zealand April 19th, 2008, 02:22 AM Posted to aus.rail,misc.transport.rail.australia-nz,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 8
Posted By Kerry Raymond
Indian Pacific...........

While nobody wants to sit in a train that's going nowhere for 13 hours and
nobody wants to miss connections to planes etc ...

Having travelled on the Indian Pacific, there's a huge difference...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand March 23rd, 2008, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 10
Posted By Kerry Raymond
Brisbane Hobart restaurants

And also the City Gardens Cafe located in the City Gardens (as the name
suggests). This is only a breakfast and lunch restaurant (no dinner). The
Gardens are located on the bend in the river so...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand March 23rd, 2008, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 10
Posted By Kerry Raymond
Brisbane Hobart restaurants

One more.

From the city, take the CityCat upriver. Either get off at Toowong (first
stop, but for more scenic experience, I strongly recommend going right up to
the last stop, University of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 34