Showing results 1 to 25 of 67
Search took 0.26 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: [email protected][_1_]
Forum: USA & Canada November 30th, 2006, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 22
How long can Canadian visitor stay in USA without visa?

I also submit that my initial response
is a perfectly valid one to his original question

Lawrence, I'm sorry if my comments upset you; that wasn't my intent. I
guess we just have different views...
Forum: USA & Canada November 29th, 2006, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 22
How long can Canadian visitor stay in USA without visa?

I think he was asking how long he could *legally* stay.

Read his posting any number of times, and
darned if I can find the word "legal" or "legally" anywheres.

The original poster said,...
Forum: USA & Canada November 29th, 2006, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 22
How long can Canadian visitor stay in USA without visa?

As long as he/she wants. The trick is not
to come to the attention of the US authorities

I think he was asking how long he could *legally* stay.
Forum: USA & Canada November 29th, 2006, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 22
How long can Canadian visitor stay in USA without visa?

I believe its 6 months, but you should check with an official source.
If you can't find the info on a government web site, then phone or
write.

Jim
Forum: USA & Canada November 21st, 2006, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
Cheap $500 a month hotel in OK city?

Now I need to find a similar rate in Oklahoma City.

Probably your best bet would be renting a furnished room in someone's
house. You might want to check with the city's tourism office to see...
Forum: USA & Canada November 20th, 2006, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 15
What's open Thanksgiving?

I'm driving east to west cross- country and by Thanksgiving Day I may
be in Oklahoma or northern Texas. All the museums and attractions (in
the tourguides) seem to be closed on that day. What...
Forum: USA & Canada November 19th, 2006, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
America West Airlines, US Airways or United Airlines?

Wanting to fly one way from SFO to LAS in January. Have done a few searches
(Expedia, Orbitz, etc) and the prices are very similar (if not the same)
between America West Airlines, US Airways...
Forum: USA & Canada November 18th, 2006, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 12
Insuarance won't cover trip from California to Quebec

too expensive to ship.

For something this important you should get your advice from a
professional. Talk to professional insurance agents and see if they can
recommend any alternatives. If they...
Forum: USA & Canada November 17th, 2006, 06:48 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
Grand Canyon

Just a few random comments...

catching some beach time along the way

Keep in mind that beach weather is generally on the cool side for
sunbathing or swimming, unless you go a lot further south...
Forum: USA & Canada November 17th, 2006, 03:46 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 26
Santa Fe NM

Oh yes, they had a big fire there a few years back.

My aunt and uncle live in Los Alamos and their home burned to the
ground in that fire (which started at Bandalier), along with many of
their...
Forum: USA & Canada November 15th, 2006, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 10
DVD in hotels

The hotels are probably trying to prevent people from hacking into the
entertainment system network in order to get free movies or whatever.
You might asking in one of the newsgroups that deals with...
Forum: USA & Canada November 15th, 2006, 07:50 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 26
Santa Fe NM

Rachael Ray's food show "$40 A Day" (on the Food Network) visited Sante
Fe and she recommended several restaurants:

Pasqual's
Cowgirl Hall of Fame
Rooftop Cantina at Coyote Cafe
La Fonda

More info...
Forum: USA & Canada November 10th, 2006, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 17
Night shopping near NYC FJK airport question

I would like to do some shopping at stores such as Target, WM, K-Mart,
etc. Do you have any idea if there are stores of this kind which are
opened 24 hours near the JFK airport?

Most stores...
Forum: USA & Canada November 7th, 2006, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 14
Wearing A "Poppy"

Those must have been tourists you met...
Americans have been wearing red poppies since 1920

Perhaps they were tourists, but I'll bet that a significant percentages
of people under the age of 40...
Forum: USA & Canada November 3rd, 2006, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 16
Wireless access in cheap or midprice US motels?

Can I connect a mac ibook to a
hardwired "high speed internet"
connection in a motel room? Do I
need a special cable or software?
The ibook has an Airport card and Ethernet.

Your regular...
Forum: USA & Canada November 2nd, 2006, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 16
Wireless access in cheap or midprice US motels?

Might need a ethernet cable

Speaking of cables, I find it handy to pack an extension cord when I'm
travelling with my laptop. Motels don't always have their outlets in
the most convenient spots,...
Forum: USA & Canada October 27th, 2006, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 24
California travel with a 4 years old boy

San Francisco to LA is a longish one day
drive with a child. I suggest stopping en ro
ute in both directions, especially since the
California coast is very beautiful. Nice stops
are Hearst...
Forum: USA & Canada October 24th, 2006, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
US Customs query - "Reimporting" a US-produced item into US from a trip abroad..

When returning home from overseas trips I've sometimes been asked by
customs officials if I have proof that my camera (or whatever) was
purchased in the U.S. not overseas. I've never had proof, but...
Forum: USA & Canada October 24th, 2006, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 15
Desert USA Travel - What Does 10% or Lower Humidity Feel Like?

What does 10% or lower feel like when the air
temperatures are 80-100F? Does it feel good?

Low humidity doesn't feel all that different if you're just sitting
around (except your lips & skin...
Forum: USA & Canada October 16th, 2006, 12:53 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 17
Fastest Route Around the U.S.?

Plus, by the third month, you'll be exhausted and
disillusioned about the whole idea, and quit.

Obviously it would vary from person to person, but it's something to
consider. You might want to...
Forum: USA & Canada October 15th, 2006, 06:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 59
Display of restaurant menus

The cure for not showing the prices on the
menu is to carefully ask the server the price of
each of the choices. If enough customers do
this they will quickly reappear.

I'd suggest just...
Forum: USA & Canada October 15th, 2006, 06:08 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 17
Fastest Route Around the U.S.?

travelling to all 50 states in one year...
I've been searching online all day and
can't find anything.

Your best bet for route advice might be to talk to RV (recreational
vehicle) users, as...
Forum: USA & Canada October 1st, 2006, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 7
Lure of the open road

Rental car companies do this, though...they prefer retirees
and the trips are mostly regional.

I think it's a similar situation with dealers of cars & rec vehicles.
If a customer wants a vehicle...
Forum: USA & Canada September 22nd, 2006, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 38
California / Las Vegas Information

My sister loves theme parks and thrill rides (not my
cup of tea), although I've been wanting to visit Disneyland
since a was a little kid.

There's a wide variety of things to do at Disney, so...
Forum: USA & Canada September 22nd, 2006, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 38
California / Las Vegas Information

are there any other destinations that we should see while in CA?

San Francisco is a fantastic city to visit (in fact, a lot of folks
would consider it a better tourist city than L.A.)

To the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 67