Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Forum: Europe October 29th, 2007, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Eurostar Booking from London with a foreign address ;-)

There was an article in the Sundays about the 'pleasures' of booking
using Eurostar.com (and a page on the Man at Seat 61's site) and
selecting Spain or Germany as your country of residence and...
Forum: Europe September 27th, 2007, 05:04 PM Posted to misc.transport.rail.europe,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Tickets to San Sebastian via Hendaye and Irun

A couple of years back I caught a train from Vigo in Spain to Poro in Portugal. The ticket office in Vigo actually sold me two tickets - one from Vigo to the border and another from the border to...
Forum: Europe September 24th, 2007, 04:15 PM Posted to misc.transport.rail.europe,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Tickets to San Sebastian via Hendaye and Irun

SNCF obviously don't have any international fares programmed into
their ticket machines at Biarritz. That doesn't excuse the sloppy
station staff though. Did you get a classic Gallic shrug as...
Forum: Europe September 21st, 2007, 04:45 PM Posted to misc.transport.rail.europe,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Booking SNCF tickets On Line

Your other option is to select collection at a station with your credit
card.

Which, in the end, is what I did, with a very helpful screen guide in
English. However, when I put my Amex card in...
Forum: Europe September 21st, 2007, 04:26 PM Posted to misc.transport.rail.europe,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Tickets to San Sebastian via Hendaye and Irun

Had an interesting experience in trying to get to San Sebastian from
Biarritz. Using Renfe's and SNCF's website I ascertained that I could
take a train from Biarritz at 10.27am (where I was staying)...
Forum: Europe July 23rd, 2007, 04:17 PM Posted to misc.transport.rail.europe,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Booking SNCF tickets On Line

Up till now, SNCF have always sent tickets via the post at no additional cost.

And completely disclaimed responsibility if they were lost in the
post, as I recall from previous postings. The...
Forum: Europe July 22nd, 2007, 11:48 PM Posted to misc.transport.rail.europe,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Booking SNCF tickets On Line

they have changed the system, looks like
own printing is no more desirable

you must print the tickets while in the "gare", before departure

No disrespect meant, but I don't think this is the...
Forum: Europe July 22nd, 2007, 04:58 PM Posted to misc.transport.rail.europe,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Booking SNCF tickets On Line

I'm having problems at the moment booking tickets from La Rochelle to
Biarritz on line. I've already used SNCF's facility to book and print
my own tickets from Lille to Nantes, and from Nantes to La...
Forum: Europe December 20th, 2006, 12:22 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.railway
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
the easy way to use a stolen credit card

My girlfriend bought a couple of rail tickets yesterday from one of
the vending machines in Waverley Station, Edinburgh. An extremely
simple procedu select where you want to go, what sort...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9