Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Robert Broughton
Forum: Latin America February 9th, 2012, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 0
Posted By Robert Broughton
Nicaragua

Keith wrote:

I'm planning a vacation in Nicaragua this November. We'll be flying into
and out of Liberia, CR (cheap, nonstop flight). It looks like there's
transportation available to the...
Forum: Latin America January 9th, 2009, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 5
Posted By Robert Broughton
Colombia Internal Flights

Dimond Geeza wrote:

On Jan 6, 3:24*am, Robert Broughton wrote:
yaofeng wrote:

http://www.airlineroutemaps.com/Latin_America/index.shtml

Avianca is of...
Forum: Latin America January 6th, 2009, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 5
Posted By Robert Broughton
Colombia Internal Flights

yaofeng wrote:

http://www.airlineroutemaps.com/Latin_America/index.shtml

Avianca is of course the largest.

Not only that, Avianca is the world's oldest commercial airline.

--
Forum: Latin America January 4th, 2009, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 1

Matt Casey wrote:

Have cars been banned from Mexico City and other Mexican cities?

No. I think that Mexico City has an arrangement where you're only allowed to
drive a car on even or...
Forum: Latin America December 7th, 2008, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 29
Posted By Robert Broughton
What has happened to this site!

JerryB wrote:

Is there a new site for those who just want to exchange information?

Here's one: http://forum.livinginperu.com/

--
Bob Broughton
http://broughton.ca/

Maurice wrote:

At first the Plaza de Armas, in the center.

More specifically, the San Francisco Monastery is well worth seeing, as is
the Church and Monastery of Santo Domingo. If you want to try...
Forum: Latin America November 16th, 2007, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 1
Posted By Robert Broughton
La Boquita to San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua

My map of Nicaragua shows a road that follows the coast from La Boquita to
San Juan del Sur (and on to El Naranjo and La Cruz, CR) that follows the
Pacific Coast.

1. Does this road exist?

2. Is it...
Forum: USA & Canada October 12th, 2007, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,can.general,van.general,ab.general,soc.culture.usa
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert Broughton
Best Places for Canucks to Shop In Bellingham to Seattle Area ?

Rudy wrote:

Can some of you readers kindly advise the best places to shop,
in the area Bellingham to Seattle?

Places that sell electronics..

Fry's Electronics
800 Garden Ave....
Forum: Latin America October 11th, 2007, 07:49 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 1
Posted By Robert Broughton
Venezuela Baseball

gus wrote:

Two baseball junkies considering travel to Venezuela in November to
see Venezuelan Professional
Baseball League games.

Not a bad idea. I'm going to Nicaragua for the same reason in...
Forum: Latin America August 22nd, 2007, 05:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 1
Posted By Robert Broughton
Peru Earthquake, how can we help

I just made a contribution via Mercy Corps, which has a very good
reputation. http://www.mercycorps.org/topics/emergencies/1798

I'm also aware that the South American Explorers Club is collecting...
Forum: Latin America August 18th, 2007, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 1
Posted By Robert Broughton
Peru

Bianca wrote:

It breaks my heart to see Pisco and Ica reduced to rubble.

Same here. I've been to Pisco twice (have also been to Ica and Nazca) and
have fond memories of the place. The seals on...
Forum: Latin America March 17th, 2007, 03:49 AM Posted to alt.politics.bush,soc.culture.usa,soc.culture.europe,rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert Broughton
Whereever Bush goes, chaos follows...

FRANKIE LEE wrote:

You spread lies about him and people hate him and now you asked why Bush
cause chaos wherever he went.

Nonsense. I read lucieinthesky's posting carefully, and all the...
Forum: Latin America February 10th, 2007, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 5
Posted By Robert Broughton
new bridge at the feet of machu Picchu?

Sander van Hulsenbeek wrote:

The Guardian's story is a misinformed hodgepodge IMHO

My guess is, somebody is using _The Celestine Prophecy_ as a source of
information about Peru. :-(

--
Forum: Latin America December 12th, 2006, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 6

Viviane wrote:

- The process of preparing, training, transporting, housing, feeding,
and supervising volunteers is not cheap. Additional services such as
health care, re-entry assistance,...
Forum: Latin America December 11th, 2006, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 19
Posted By Robert Broughton
Question for Central American travelers...

Wayne Lundberg wrote:

Burritos are typical north of the border fare. But what with the advent of
the brazero program some sixty years ago and the neverending migration in
and out by Mexicans,...
Forum: Latin America December 11th, 2006, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 6
Posted By Robert Broughton
South America Volunteering

Jerry wrote:

A good choice is to work as a "volontario" in Ecuador. The language school
"Atahualpa" in Quito offers a combination of studies in spanish an whith
work in a "fundacion". Minimum...
Forum: Latin America October 24th, 2006, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 12
Posted By Robert Broughton
Is it possible to take a train from the U.S. to Brazil?

Magiel Venema wrote:

You better just read about it in the fine book by Paul Theroux: The Old
Patagonian Express.

I second the motion. This book was published in 1979. Even then, travelling
by...
Forum: Latin America October 24th, 2006, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america
Replies: 12
Posted By Robert Broughton
Is it possible to take a train from the U.S. to Brazil?

Calif Bill wrote:

when I was in Guatemala. I read that there is a bus going through
Honduras Nicaragua Costarica to Panama

It takes about two days. but passengers can stop wherever...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18