Showing results 1 to 25 of 75
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Larry in Berkeley
Forum: Europe February 14th, 2007, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Larry in Berkeley
United Kingdom Airports: Strict Carryon Rules

In addition to the new, restrictive weight limits for free checked
luggage on transatlantic/transpacific flights (now 23 kilos, down from
32 kilos per suitcase), departures from all UK airports are...
Forum: Europe February 6th, 2007, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 10
Posted By Larry in Berkeley
London transport Oyster card?

On Feb 5, 6:45 pm, (Patrick
Wallace) wrote:
..
Is it possible to buy online an Oyster Card (pay as you go) using a
credit card not issued in the UK? Can one...
Forum: Europe February 2nd, 2007, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 9
Posted By Larry in Berkeley
London: Oyster Card Automatic Top-up

But if he's anything like me, when I make up an address
to work around a web site registration, I can't recall it
if I need it

You will have to use a real address to arrange auto top-up billed...
Forum: Asia November 11th, 2006, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By Larry in Berkeley
Car rental - Malaysia

A Mate wrote:
Any recommended companies - with url's if possible.

Thank You.

www.autoeurope.com (yes, I know Malaysia is not in Europe, but they
rent there anyway).
I live in America and...
Forum: Europe November 10th, 2006, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Larry in Berkeley
Indian drivers licence validity in France

prashant wrote:
I have a question regarding the validity if Indian Drivers licence in
France. I am not sure if I should go through the tedious and time
consuming process of obtaining a french...
Forum: Asia October 30th, 2006, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 27
Posted By Larry in Berkeley
Thailand/Cambodia/Malaysia/Bali - Dec/Jan - help!

PS wrote:
Hi,

My husband and I are going to Thailand/Cambodia/Malaysia/Bali from Dec
23 - Jan 14. Below is a breakdown of the trip:

Flight to Bangkok, arrives Dec 23
Chiang Mai - 4...

PS wrote:
Hi,

My husband and I are going to Thailand/Cambodia/Malaysia/Bali from Dec
23 - Jan 14. Below is a breakdown of the trip:

Flight to Bangkok, arrives Dec 23
Chiang Mai - 4...
Forum: Asia October 26th, 2006, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 9
Posted By Larry in Berkeley
Inflation in China

wrote:
Hi,

For all China questions see http://www.fly2asia.co.uk/ in your case I
typed inflation china on the search field and got 4 options which all
seem to be valid...
Forum: Europe October 24th, 2006, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 0
Posted By Larry in Berkeley
Edinburgh to Troon

Mr. Orange wrote:
Hi, just a quick question... can anybody suggest where to find info on
how to reach Troon from Edinburgh either by bus or train?

If you also happen to know what there's to...
Forum: Europe October 24th, 2006, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By Larry in Berkeley
Inflation in Russia

Can anyone please give me an online source (or specific information)
about the inflation rate in European Russia since 2002? I am
particularly interested in the cost of food and lodging for...
Forum: Asia October 24th, 2006, 05:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 9
Posted By Larry in Berkeley
Inflation in China

Can anyone please give me an online source (or specific information)
about the inflation rate in mainland China since 2002? I am
particularly interested in the cost of food and lodging for...
Forum: Asia October 24th, 2006, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By Larry in Berkeley
Visas for Laos and Cambodia

bob wrote:
Hi,

Doea anyone have current information (ie. just got back from....) and
getting visas upon entry to Laos or Cambodia. I have the same question regarding Cambodia as well.

Forum: Asia October 22nd, 2006, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 1
Posted By Larry in Berkeley
Nepal Photo Gallery

wrote:
Nepal Photo Gallery http://www.nepalphotogallery.com offer quality
photos, picture, Photographs, Images from nepal, Mountain, Mt.Everest,
Mt.Annapurna, Trekking, base...
Forum: Europe October 19th, 2006, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By Larry in Berkeley
Opatija to Ljubljana? Ljubljana to Lucca?

HH wrote:

Great! Do you know where I can find a timetable? I'm curious to know the
duration of the ride from Rijeka to Ljubljana and the departure times from
Rijeka.

See...
Forum: Europe October 19th, 2006, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By Larry in Berkeley
hotel in Edinburgh

beeldbouwer wrote:
Hi,
Im looking for a hotel/self catering apartment in Edinburgh (27/12/2006
- 2/1/2007) for a reasonable price (max € 75,00 room/night).
Suggestions????? Peter

Try...
Forum: Asia October 19th, 2006, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia,alt.travel.uk.air
Replies: 11
Posted By Larry in Berkeley
getting flight fare reduced

Miss L. Toe wrote:

www.statravel.co.uk should be good for this route.

Yes, STA is good and reliable. I think they only sell by freephone,
but that should not be a problem.

Larry in Berkeley,...
Forum: Asia October 19th, 2006, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia,alt.travel.uk.air
Replies: 11
Posted By Larry in Berkeley
getting flight fare reduced

torge conrad maguar wrote:
Hi, I need to fly from London u.k. to Kathmandu, Nepal in the next few
weeks. Someone who travels this route quite a lots says he finds Qatar
Airways (with a stop...
Forum: Europe October 18th, 2006, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 9
Posted By Larry in Berkeley
Brit Air . No advance seat selection

wrote:
Travellers beware

Brit. Airways will refuse to provide advance seat selection on
International flights [ e.g. Europe N America ].
IF the first 40% of the seats...
Forum: Africa October 16th, 2006, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.asia
Replies: 7
Posted By Larry in Berkeley
cheapest way to see the Southern sky from UK?

dave wrote:
Being an amateur astronomer, I've always wanted to see the Southern
night sky, which of course means travelling South of the Equator. It
doesn't have to be very far South, though -...
Forum: Asia October 16th, 2006, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.asia

dave wrote:
Being an amateur astronomer, I've always wanted to see the Southern
night sky, which of course means travelling South of the Equator. It
doesn't have to be very far South, though -...
Forum: Latin America October 16th, 2006, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.latin-america,rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.asia

dave wrote:
Being an amateur astronomer, I've always wanted to see the Southern
night sky, which of course means travelling South of the Equator. It
doesn't have to be very far South, though -...
Forum: Asia October 16th, 2006, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 2
Posted By Larry in Berkeley
Pictures from Nepal

Marcaval wrote:
Some pictures about Nepal on www.marcocavallini.it/nepaltie.html

Lots of other pictures at www.nepal-adventures.com.

Namaste!

Larry in Berkeley, California
Forum: Europe October 9th, 2006, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 21
Posted By Larry in Berkeley
First Time travel to London

Sunshine wrote:
any advice or recommendations?

Some things Im wondering...

Do I have to enchange dollars for pounds?

Yes, indeed. Only Pounds (and sometimes Euros) are used in the...
Forum: Europe October 8th, 2006, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Larry in Berkeley
Moscow in December?

Gerald Oliver Swift wrote:

I spent last Christmas there and it was magical. Snow, Christmas trees and
Christmas lights everywhere, plenty of festive fun.

Was that around 25 December or 6...
Forum: Europe October 8th, 2006, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Larry in Berkeley
Moscow in December?

keybdwizrd wrote:
In talking about a
possible trip overseas for Christmas, we've joked about going to Moscow

Don't forget that the Russians celebrate Christmas on 6 January (that's
25 December...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 75