Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Forum: Cruises October 10th, 2007, 08:35 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 200
Posted By [email protected]
The era of FORMAL NIGHTS is fading rapidly...

On Oct 9, 10:01 am, Ray Goldenberg wrote:
On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 21:46:40 -0700, wrote:
Somebody posted earlier that Formal Night was a good...
Forum: Cruises October 10th, 2007, 08:32 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Oct 9, 8:05 am, Lee wrote:
On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 21:46:40 -0700, wrote:
maker for the Photos they sell. The photographers like the gift shop
folks are not...
Forum: Cruises October 9th, 2007, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 200
Posted By [email protected]
The era of FORMAL NIGHTS is fading rapidly...

On Oct 8, 7:03 pm, "Tom K" wrote:
So, what's YOUR take on why cruise lines continue to have Formal Night?

--Tom

Tom, I don't have have an answer to that. Just an...
Forum: Cruises September 30th, 2007, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 25
Posted By [email protected]
Carnival raises the cost of cruising for singles

On Sep 29, 8:21 pm, Lee wrote:
What unsold cabins?

There must be pleanty of them. I get weekely sale updates and
new letters from almost every line about upcoming sailings...
Forum: Cruises July 30th, 2007, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Back-to-Back Cruises

On Jul 29, 4:43 pm, Peter & Sandi wrote:
We'll be sailing back-to-back itineraries on the Mariner of the Seas
this October.

Does anyone know how Royal Caribbean handles...
Forum: Cruises July 8th, 2007, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 78
Posted By [email protected]
Smoking Policy

Or maybe....The smokers will just go to All Inclusives in the
islands. I would hate to have to give up cruising. I really do enjoy
it. But push come to shove...there are other options. Just...
Forum: Cruises July 8th, 2007, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 78
Posted By [email protected]
Smoking Policy

Charles, Your correct some have. I used to be loyal to Marriott
but now I'm loyal to Hilton. Sheraton is also still smoking (for
now). I will use Sheraton if Hilton isn't available in my...
Forum: Cruises July 8th, 2007, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 78
Posted By [email protected]
Smoking Policy

I guess its beyond the thought process to just have certain decks
(cabins) smoking while others are non-smoking? Like the Hilton Hotel
chain does (certain floors are designated smoking while others...
Forum: Cruises May 21st, 2007, 09:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Fort Lauderdale Hotels

On May 21, 2:10 am, Brian K wrote:
On 5/20/2007 7:19 AM Deb exclaimed:
The sister hotel, Yankee Clipper is even closer to the cruise port, and
you don't have to...
Forum: Cruises May 21st, 2007, 08:53 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Fort Lauderdale Hotels

I'm booked there for June 16th. They charged me an extra $6 for the shuttle.
Since there are 4 of us it's only $1.50 each.

Bill

Bill,. I found out on my first stay at this hotel that...
Forum: Cruises May 21st, 2007, 05:34 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 27
Posted By [email protected]
Fort Lauderdale Hotels

On May 20, 7:19 am, Deb wrote:
I am looking for a good pre-cruise hotel in the Fort Lauderdale area for
November. Anyone have any good suggestions for a hotel in...
Forum: Cruises May 15th, 2007, 08:57 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
OT - home based TA's

My Nephew also contacted George while he was on the Escorted Group
Cruise. He ended up booking the same cruise I'm on in Dec. The
level of service from George isn't even in the same arena as a...
Forum: Cruises February 1st, 2007, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Flat Rate Laundry on Princess ??

On Feb 1, 2:52 pm, J Carnaghie wrote:
Recently on HAL there was an offer of "flat rate laundry" - a set fee
for your laundry for the voyage. Is anyone aware of such...
Forum: Cruises December 19th, 2006, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
RCI Enchantment OTS

RJQMAN wrote:
Rough seas on Enchantment last week? We were on the Navigator at the
same time (Dec 9 - 16th) - rough seas were the order of the day. The
captain said we had winds gusting to...
Forum: Cruises November 11th, 2006, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
INVITATION===

Rick wrote:
Hope I get one. I'll be in Miami on that day. In fact it will be my
last day there. I fly home the afternoon of the 16th.
\

Jean, Thanks for the invite. What a deal. I forgot...
Forum: Cruises November 9th, 2006, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 52
Posted By [email protected]
Our experience in Jamaica

RichC wrote:
That reminds me - on one of our cruises to Jamaica a pax was charged $25 for
the trip from the ship to the Taj Mahal (one way) - of course he didn't ask
what the price was before...
Forum: Cruises November 8th, 2006, 04:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 52
Posted By [email protected]
Our experience in Jamaica

Charles wrote:
I think I was asked once
or twice to buy drugs and never was propositioned.

Why is it only on Jamacia that you have to be offered drugs at
all? Funny but I've never been...
Forum: Cruises November 8th, 2006, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 52
Posted By [email protected]
Our experience in Jamaica

Charles wrote:

I have been offered drugs and propositioned by hookers in US cities.

Charles, You need to stay away from those hourly rate motels by the
airport and this will not happen to...
Forum: Cruises November 7th, 2006, 08:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
DOC'S DANCE

Good for you....I'm waiting on my Dec. 4th Docs to arrive. I'm on
Royal Caribbean. Can't wait to do my dance.

Surfer E2468 wrote:
Got our doc's today for our dec 13th cruise,they are really on...
Forum: Cruises November 7th, 2006, 07:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 52
Posted By [email protected]
Our experience in Jamaica

NO JIM, YOUR WRONG!! I am not racist or a bigot. I was not alone
when cornered in the market area trying to leave. Nor was I alone when
offered drugs or approched by hookers. Go over to...
Forum: Cruises November 4th, 2006, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
Sleazy 4 - Welcome Home

Final Night At Sea: I hear those zippers opening again on those
suit cases (out by midnight). I also hear alot of sobbing that its
time to come home. I wish you all had another week to be away. I...
Forum: Cruises November 4th, 2006, 10:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 117
Posted By [email protected]
First cruise - CARIBBEAN - questions

Warren wrote:
Agree with you 100% and I think the OP of the thread should choose a
Voyager class ship. Interestingly enough the passenger mix on Mercury
skewed younger for the Alaska...
Forum: Cruises October 30th, 2006, 09:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 108
Posted By [email protected]
BED BUGS OMG!!!!

Warren wrote:
I'm not a doctor (and I don't play one on TV) but this seems a bit
fishy to me. 100% blocked and allowed to go on vacation? Wouldn't he
be rushed into surgery immediately for a...
Forum: Cruises October 7th, 2006, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Aruba beaches

Hi Sue, I gues it depends on which way the winds blow....but no there
was no smell at all. Just a semi-beautiful beach with an ugly refinery
in the distance. But decent snorkeling.

moment until
Forum: Cruises October 2nd, 2006, 07:14 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Aruba beaches

Hi Karen, You didn't mention how long you would be in Aruba. If you
have a full day here is what I would suggest. Rent a Jeep for the day
(about $70) There are many many out of the way beaches...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 28