Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rita Daggett
Forum: Europe February 19th, 2008, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 10
Posted By Rita Daggett
Egypt Tours - Any Recommendations?

I have two weeks booked in mid September. Will be travelling from
London, UK. I would like to see as much of Egypt as possible in those
weeks (not too rushed however). I've seen tours via...
Forum: Africa February 19th, 2008, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 10
Posted By Rita Daggett
Egypt Tours - Any Recommendations?

I have two weeks booked in mid September. Will be travelling from
London, UK. I would like to see as much of Egypt as possible in those
weeks (not too rushed however). I've seen tours via...
Forum: Africa February 7th, 2008, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 7
Posted By Rita Daggett
Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe or Zambia

.... So who could
suggest good ideas for the trip to Victoria Falls, combine it with a
safari in that area (are there any interesting game parks ?).
Any help re accomodation, sights and flights...
Forum: Caribbean October 12th, 2007, 11:00 AM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 7
Posted By Rita Daggett
Have you been to Dominica?

"Brian K" Where did you travel from? What was your air? Was your stay
recent?
What feature did you like best about this island? Is there anything you
would not recommend to fellow travelers,...
Forum: All-inclusive Resorts August 18th, 2007, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive
Replies: 14
Posted By Rita Daggett
[Admin] I think it's time to end this group

I'm afraid I have to agree with you, although I will mourn its demise.
Where is everyone going now to find out about all-inclusive holidays?

--
Rita Daggett
(delete nospam for reply)

wrote in message
Hi

Myself and my girlfriend are looking to go on our first safari next
July (2008). ...
Forum: Caribbean July 31st, 2007, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 10
Posted By Rita Daggett
HELP - CARIBBEAN HONEYMOON SUGGESTIONS

wrote in message
My fiancee and I want to honeymoon in the Caribbean between Christmas
and New Years, 2007. Neither...
Forum: Africa May 4th, 2007, 10:37 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 29
Posted By Rita Daggett
African Photogragphy inspiration wanted!!!

I can hardly imagine you could set up a tripod in a minibus.
My husband managed it on trips where you are in open vehicles (Zambia,
Botswana) and when we were sat for a long time looking at...
Forum: Caribbean March 8th, 2007, 10:42 AM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 62
Posted By Rita Daggett
Help! Need *New* Caribbean Vacation Destination

On the other hand, there are dozens of great
Caribbean islands and locations offering friendly, safe vacationing...
so why not choose one with a good reputation for safety?

Chuck
I think all...
Forum: Caribbean March 6th, 2007, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 62
Posted By Rita Daggett
Help! Need *New* Caribbean Vacation Destination

Grenada is another one of those locations that's on our interest list
but not for this particular vacation. There's little time left and we
see no charter vacation offerings at all out of...
Forum: Caribbean March 6th, 2007, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 62
Posted By Rita Daggett
Help! Need *New* Caribbean Vacation Destination

Sorry .... have to disagree a bit on ANU. The south western quarter of
Antigua is very beautiful indeed. English Harbour, Freemans Bay, Shirley
Heights etc. are extremely attractive both...
Forum: Caribbean March 6th, 2007, 11:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 62
Posted By Rita Daggett
Help! Need *New* Caribbean Vacation Destination

The other thing I got from our cruise to St. Lucia is that I don't
ever want to fly in there. The runways are SHORT and you have to
basically get to the edge of the runway and drop...
Forum: Caribbean March 6th, 2007, 10:42 AM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 62
Posted By Rita Daggett
Help! Need *New* Caribbean Vacation Destination

St. Lucia was not one of our favorite stops. It was in the midst of a
serious crime wave at the time... or so they told us... and we were
warned to be extremely careful. In view of that,...
Forum: Caribbean March 2nd, 2007, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 62
Posted By Rita Daggett
Help! Need *New* Caribbean Vacation Destination

The point on which we need the most help is that seeming contradiction
between "him" wanting an island (or resort area) that provides a
little fun, variety, mobility and true gourmet food......
Forum: All-inclusive Resorts January 24th, 2007, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.resorts.all-inclusive
Replies: 0
Posted By Rita Daggett
Almond villages

According to the Virgin Brochure, Club St Lucia by 'splash' is now Almond
Beach Club, Smugglers Cove and is being completely refurbished over this
winter.
I assume this is the company who owns almond...
Forum: Caribbean January 23rd, 2007, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 5
Posted By Rita Daggett
Antigua: questions about beaches

Cocobay looks very good, but we wander if it could be too isolated
for a 9-day stay and it has no TV (not that we plan to be watching
TV but we are very realistic, and last year we spent 7 days...
Forum: Caribbean January 22nd, 2007, 12:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 5
Posted By Rita Daggett
Antigua: questions about beaches

Blue Heron. Superb beach, minor distractions close by, frequent buses to
town during the day. Excellent
--
Blue Heron on superb beach but hotel disappointing when we were there about
4 years...

Rita,
We arrived in Nairobi for the first time on November 14th. 1979 and I
and my son lived in the Panafric hotel for three months, Stuart went to
boarding school in the following January ...
Forum: Africa January 17th, 2007, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 16
Posted By Rita Daggett
Kenya safari..

I ahve heard a lot of negative things about Nairobi, in particular,
personal
safety.

is Nairobi ** really** that dangerous for someone who is sooo obviously a
tourist???

I rather think...
Forum: Caribbean January 8th, 2007, 01:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 7
Posted By Rita Daggett
Advice needed

....Has Eastwinds changed hands
recently? I believe the Italian gentleman who owned has been very ill.
--
Tom Withycombe
Dorset/UK

Yes, apparently a couple who used to holiday a lot there...
Forum: Caribbean January 5th, 2007, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 7
Posted By Rita Daggett
Advice needed

My husband and I are planning our 10th anniversary trip to the
Caribbean as well! The only time we can go would be the first week of
May and we have no idea of where to go to get a good...
Forum: Africa January 2nd, 2007, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 20
Posted By Rita Daggett
Looking for ideas about a honeymoon safari

You might like to look at Zambia?
There are now some pretty luxurious places (Tongabezi, for example) with
'honeymoon suites'.
It doesnt have the massive herds that East Aprica has, but is good for...
Forum: Africa November 28th, 2006, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 1
Posted By Rita Daggett
Pete's pond

Anyone else see the crocodile?
I thought I saw one last year but assumed I was mistaken as I didnt think
there'd be any crocs there.

--
Rita Daggett
(delete nospam for reply)

I'm putting together a trip to Kenya and Tanzania for a group of about a
dozen friends from the United States.

With 12 or so of you going, its worth looking at 'tailor-made'; 'assisted
camping'...
Forum: Caribbean November 23rd, 2006, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Replies: 6
Posted By Rita Daggett
SEARCHING!

We have been to: Cancun, Playa Del
Carmen,Cozumel,Caymen Isles, Puerto Rico, St
Thomas,Dominica, Barbados, Aruba, Costa Rico,
Beliz, Panama , Jamaica and several towns in
Mexico.
The...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31