Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Phaser
Forum: Cruises October 16th, 2007, 01:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 23
Posted By Phaser
walkie talkies

They are used all the time on offshore oil rigs and production platforms,
these places wouldn't operate properly without them. The only brand to get
is Motorola, not cheap but simply the...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand October 16th, 2007, 12:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 5
Posted By Phaser
Towns along the Nullabor

Just FYI trucks don't normaly fuel up out along that stretch of road, fuel
is too expensive, most long distance rigs carry enough fuel to run well over
a 1000 klm.

"Dick Adams" ...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand October 16th, 2007, 12:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 5
Posted By Phaser
Towns along the Nullabor

Excellent advice from Gerrit, you won't get any better.

"gerrit" wrote in message

"Dick Adams"...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand October 14th, 2007, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz,rec.knives
Replies: 30
Posted By Phaser
What knives are legal to carry in Australia ?

Check here it may help
http://www.aushunt.com.au/main/mainarticle2.php?articleid=9a4716ac32
Forum: Australia & New Zealand October 14th, 2007, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 1
Posted By Phaser
Britz Car Rental In Australia??

You seem to have all the info you need, why not just give them a call or
send them an email and find out whatever else you need to know. All the
major ones include unlimited Klms so that's...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand September 27th, 2007, 10:18 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 9
Posted By Phaser
Travelling To NZ

Hi Everyone, Thanks for all the info, it is much appreciated.

"Hawkins" wrote in message

"Phaser"...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand September 27th, 2007, 09:58 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 11
Posted By Phaser
My OZ Holiday

Hi Dick,
That is the small ones, the large "boomers" are well over 6 feet and if you
hit one when it's in the air it can be well above bonnet (hood) height and
end up in the drivers seat, luckily...
Forum: Cruises September 26th, 2007, 09:45 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By Phaser
Canal, River Cruises In Europe

Does anyone have any experience of canal or river type cruises in Europe? I
would love to hear what your thoughts are, this is something that appeals to
me, but I know next to nothing about them...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand September 26th, 2007, 09:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 9
Posted By Phaser
Travelling To NZ

Good point, sorry about that - we have no interest in jet boating, bungy
jumping etc, we are into seeing nature at its best, history, and places of...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand September 26th, 2007, 09:38 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 9
Posted By Phaser
Travelling To NZ

.. wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:16:30 +0800, "Phaser"
Forum: Australia & New Zealand September 26th, 2007, 06:41 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 5
Posted By Phaser
Travel in Australia

Hi,
If you plan on visiting Cairns Alice and Ayers rock then be well prepared
for the heat, humidity and flies, also as someone else said, even though you
come from Texas the distances in Australia...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand September 26th, 2007, 05:50 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 27
Posted By Phaser
The Nullarbor

Dick I just posted a reply to you re your aussie holiday, hope that helps a
bit.

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
Where does the Nullarbor...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand September 26th, 2007, 05:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 11
Posted By Phaser
My OZ Holiday

Hate to be a killjoy. Denmark is a very small village hours away from Perth,
personaly I would go to Denmark, overnight there drive back via Margaret
River and then fly across to Melbourne or...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand September 26th, 2007, 04:34 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 11
Posted By Phaser
Renting campervans in Australia

I don't think a campervan is what you need, certainly, I don't know where
you come from but would you just pull over to the side of the road in your
country? don't even consider doing that, it...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand September 26th, 2007, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 9
Posted By Phaser
Travelling To NZ

I plan to take touring holiday in NZ, driving myself and staying in B&B,s
does anyone know if I would be better off converting money from AU to NZ in
Australia or leave it till I get to NZ? also...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand September 26th, 2007, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 2
Posted By Phaser
Opinions please: how long to drive from Scarborough to Rockingham?

You will travel down the coast, at that time of the day most traffic will be
heading toward the city, but there is a lot of industry around Rockingham
and they start work early, so there will be...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16