Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Marc Lurie
Forum: Africa April 9th, 2007, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 15
Posted By Marc Lurie
For Marc Lurie...

Hans, winters in the northern parts of SA are really nice. Johannesburg can
get bitterly cold at night (well below zero), and places like the central
Free State, and the Karoo are even...
Forum: Africa April 9th, 2007, 08:42 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 8
Posted By Marc Lurie
What to bring to South Africa

I also absolutely agree with Michael. Candy is the worst thing that tourists
(or anyone for that matter) should dish out. It might make YOU feel good,
but the kid is going to suffer in the long...
Forum: Africa April 9th, 2007, 08:36 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 15
Posted By Marc Lurie
For Marc Lurie...

As you know, early July will be cold, and coming from sunny Europe will be a
bit of a shocker ;-)

Best use a taxi with a heater :-)

Marc
"Come-Along.nl" wrote in message...
Forum: Africa April 6th, 2007, 07:12 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 15
Posted By Marc Lurie
For Marc Lurie...

I just contacted AA Metrocab. They are the most professional bunch, with
well appointed and well maintained vehicles. The drivers are properly
screened too. They will charge R420 for 4 passengers...
Forum: Africa April 6th, 2007, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 15
Posted By Marc Lurie
For Marc Lurie...

Hi Hans,

R450 seems a bit steep. I'll make some enquiries, but I'd expect around R250
to R300. When are they arriving?

Regards,
Marc
"Come-Along.nl" wrote in message...
Forum: Africa February 12th, 2007, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 43
Posted By Marc Lurie
?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?

What do you mean by "African culture" Corne? Do you mean a common culture
shared by all Africans from Algeria to Zimbabwe? If so, please elaborate,
and please explain the commonalities of culture...
Forum: Africa February 11th, 2007, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 43
Posted By Marc Lurie
?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?

Hi Catherine,

I forgot to respond to your post about rape because I was so angry after
reading Corne's response, but I wanted to thank you for your support on this
thread.
Forum: Africa February 11th, 2007, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 43
Posted By Marc Lurie
?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?

Hi Kurt,

I am also a little dissapointed at the lack of feedback from other regulars,
but perhaps they are simply reading and making up their own minds. Perhaps
some feel the same way as Corne?...
Forum: Africa February 11th, 2007, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 43
Posted By Marc Lurie
?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?

Corne,

I've never been one to shy away from a legitimate discussion/arguement but I
don't usually like to let them degrade into a sort of pointless ****ing
contest because I remember it all too...
Forum: Africa February 11th, 2007, 10:59 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 43
Posted By Marc Lurie
?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?

Hans,

You're quite correct. I am also distressed that there seems to be a lack of
government willingness to tackle certain issues, and a lack of comprehension
about the importance of solving...
Forum: Africa February 11th, 2007, 10:50 AM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 43
Posted By Marc Lurie
?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?

I must start this post by once again apologising for hijacking of the
thread. However this is a very important issue and I feel a very pressing
need to discuss it publicly.

Corne,
Forum: Africa February 3rd, 2007, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.travel.africa
Replies: 43
Posted By Marc Lurie
?How about 30 days in South Africa starting next month?

Craighall Park and Grayston Drive are both in good areas. The Grayston Drive
address is closer to the Nelson Mandela Square, and therefore closer to
restaurants, shopping etc. however, if you have...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12