Showing results 1 to 25 of 79
Search took 2.31 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mary Pegg[_2_]
Forum: Europe June 15th, 2007, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 9
Posted By Mary Pegg[_2_]
Easyjet excess baggage.

JohnT wrote:

I checked with Easyjet last year when I knew that we would be overweight
flying GVA-BCN. The answer was GBP 5 per kilo. In the event, we were
definitely overweight but EZY didn't...
Forum: Europe June 15th, 2007, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 9
Posted By Mary Pegg[_2_]
Easyjet excess baggage.

Rog' wrote:

No. The correct answer is not to travel with so much crap.
Leave most of it at home.

And if you are taking your home with you?

--
"Checking identity papers is a complete waste of...
Forum: Europe June 14th, 2007, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe

Trying to make sense of this:
http://www.easyjet.com/EN/Planning/baggage.html

Seems you get one bag, up to 20kg, free.

You can pay 5GBP extra, take two bags, but you still have a limit
of 20kg...
Forum: Europe May 13th, 2007, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 135
Posted By Mary Pegg[_2_]
Retarded British fight to keep outdated Imperial measurements

Hatunen wrote:

[units]

What are those factors of 16, 12, 3 and 22?

Ounces in a pound, inches in a foot, feet in a yard, yards in a chain.

It would not be unusual for NASA to work in inches,...
Forum: Europe May 12th, 2007, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 135
Posted By Mary Pegg[_2_]
Retarded British fight to keep outdated Imperial measurements

Hatunen wrote:

On Fri, 11 May 2007 17:57:29 GMT, Mary Pegg
wrote:

And even if you're not mixing up your units, it's *much* easier to
get it right if everything's a...
Forum: Europe May 11th, 2007, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 135
Posted By Mary Pegg[_2_]
Retarded British fight to keep outdated Imperial measurements

Hatunen wrote:

As to engineering, unless something is being engineered to sell
in a foreign country, what does it matter?

Most famously, when you're building something for...
Forum: Europe May 10th, 2007, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 135
Posted By Mary Pegg[_2_]
Retarded British fight to keep outdated Imperial measurements

Hatunen wrote:

In fact, the US is metric where it counts, including in
international trade.

Where it counts would be in science and engineering but it's
still not happening, AIUI.

--...
Forum: Europe May 8th, 2007, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 306
Posted By Mary Pegg[_2_]
the third world - Heathrow airport

Mister Bartlett wrote:

By the entrance to the security check was a huge pile of water bottles -
Americans never travel 5 yards without a bottle of water - I suppose
they think it stops them...
Forum: Air travel May 8th, 2007, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air
Replies: 178

Mister Bartlett wrote:

By the entrance to the security check was a huge pile of water bottles -
Americans never travel 5 yards without a bottle of water - I suppose
they think it stops them...
Forum: Europe May 1st, 2007, 01:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 16
Posted By Mary Pegg[_2_]
Looking for Power Strip with Built-in Universal Plug and Voltage Converter

Viking wrote:

Oh drop it. You're obviously not being rational here--not all
computers are laptops.

No, but I've not seen a desktop that doesn't have a 115 / 230 switch
for well over a...
Forum: Europe May 1st, 2007, 01:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 16
Posted By Mary Pegg[_2_]
Looking for Power Strip with Built-in Universal Plug and Voltage Converter

JuanElorza wrote:

The real point to take into account is "how much power". Electronic
devices, computers, picture cameras usually need a few Watts and have
their own transformer or converter....
Forum: Europe May 1st, 2007, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 16
Posted By Mary Pegg[_2_]
Looking for Power Strip with Built-in Universal Plug and Voltage Converter

Viking wrote:

Ummm, not true. *Some* computers. like the one I took over a few years
ago, do need transformers.

What is this bizarre beast?

--
"Checking identity papers is a complete waste...
Forum: Europe May 1st, 2007, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 16
Posted By Mary Pegg[_2_]
Looking for Power Strip with Built-in Universal Plug and Voltage Converter

Király wrote:

Mary Pegg wrote:
Please tell me the last time you saw a computer in use that didn't have a
universal power supply - laptop *or* desktop.

Using one...
Forum: Europe May 1st, 2007, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 16
Posted By Mary Pegg[_2_]
Looking for Power Strip with Built-in Universal Plug and Voltage Converter

Viking wrote:

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 17:14:34 GMT, Mary Pegg
wrote:

Please tell me the last time you saw a computer in use that didn't have a
universal power supply -...
Forum: Europe April 30th, 2007, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 16
Posted By Mary Pegg[_2_]
Looking for Power Strip with Built-in Universal Plug and Voltage Converter

Viking wrote:

Try www.magellans.com . If you're going to use a computer, you have to
have a transformer, not just a converter (which creates spiky
voltages). Frequency converter not...
Forum: Europe April 30th, 2007, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 16
Posted By Mary Pegg[_2_]
Looking for Power Strip with Built-in Universal Plug and Voltage Converter

subatomicsoul wrote:

I'm in the US and planning to travel to London, Paris and Brussels
next month.

I'm looking for a power strip that would have 4 or 6 American grounded
outlets that...
Forum: Europe April 2nd, 2007, 09:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 15
Posted By Mary Pegg[_2_]
New UK Passports

ocelot wrote:

On Apr 2, 9:27 pm, Mary Pegg wrote:

"Checking identity papers is a complete waste of time. If anyone can
be counted on to have valid papers, it will...
Forum: Europe April 2nd, 2007, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 15
Posted By Mary Pegg[_2_]
New UK Passports

Tom Bradbury wrote:

Where will it end? I note the comment about the opposition UK parties
saying they'll scrap ID, but I fear when there time will come, they will
be pressured on by the...
Forum: Europe April 1st, 2007, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 18
Posted By Mary Pegg[_2_]
new possible fraud to look out for

The Reid wrote:

someone hangs around hotel lobby and notes the room you go to, then
rings you pretending to be "the desk" and asks you to repeat the
credit card details you gave them. Supposed...
Forum: Europe April 1st, 2007, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 15
Posted By Mary Pegg[_2_]
New UK Passports

Tom Bradbury wrote:

Anybody know when the UK is going to introduce the new style passports
that capture iris, finger print, blood sample, hair follicle, DNA

The "biometric" passports are...
Forum: Europe March 24th, 2007, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By Mary Pegg[_2_]
Easter Sunday in Rome

B Vaughan wrote:

I have yet to see an Italian church with good music to my Anglican
standards. I've even been to cathredral services where the music
consisted of one loud soprano with a...
Forum: Europe March 23rd, 2007, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By Mary Pegg[_2_]
Easter Sunday in Rome

Joining the thousands in St. Peter's Square - worth doing?

(I'm not religious).

--
"Checking identity papers is a complete waste of time. If anyone can
be counted on to have valid papers, it...
Forum: USA & Canada March 8th, 2007, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 40
Posted By Mary Pegg[_2_]
best method for dialling cell phones in Italy from US?

SMS wrote:

You don't have to answer the call if you don't recognize the number
that's calling you. No need to turn the phone off.

What if it's your mate who's been mugged and has had to borrow...
Forum: Europe March 8th, 2007, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 46

SMS wrote:

You don't have to answer the call if you don't recognize the number
that's calling you. No need to turn the phone off.

What if it's your mate who's been mugged and has had to borrow...
Forum: USA & Canada March 8th, 2007, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.usa-canada,uk.telecom.mobile
Replies: 40
Posted By Mary Pegg[_2_]
best method for dialling cell phones in Italy from US?

SMS wrote:

Mary Pegg wrote:

[snip info]

The usual confusion! But comes across as on the same price level
as UK contracts and PAYG.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 79