Showing results 1 to 25 of 123
Search took 3.24 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jan[_1_]
Forum: Europe December 31st, 2011, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 47
Posted By Jan[_1_]
When is the best time to exchange currency?

When going to Egypt exchange your money at the airport on arrival , you
always get a much better rate than you can from the UK. The banks will be
open, they are where you purchase your visa voucher...
Forum: Asia April 6th, 2011, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Transit visa needed for SGN?

wrote in message
On Apr 6, 9:22 am, "Gerald Oliver Swift" wrote:
Forum: Air travel January 9th, 2011, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Resting/sleeping facilities within LHR (Terminal 5)?

www.sleepinginairports.com

Well worth saving to favourites

Jan
Forum: Europe December 12th, 2010, 04:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 16
Posted By Jan[_1_]
thoughts on hostels

We've stayed in St Christophers in Bruges, it was around 3 years ago, a
twin room with private shower and breakfast was about 30 euros for 2.

The guests were of various ages from late teens to...
Forum: Europe December 8th, 2010, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 18
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Need travel help - Europe

"smith" wrote in message
Need travel help - Europe / Spain

We are a family from the US.

Forum: Europe July 12th, 2010, 10:16 AM Posted to uk.people.silversurfers,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 42
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Sunny climate Holiday question.

Booking.com features a hotel on the IW that a guest, in their post stay
review, states it has Bed Bugs !! If this is untrue then the review should
be removed. If it is actually true then the hotel...
Forum: Europe July 6th, 2010, 02:19 PM Posted to uk.people.silversurfers,soc.retirement,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Replies: 42
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Sunny climate Holiday question.

Firstly I'd work out which of the London Airports they want to fly from,
then look online at possible destinations.
Do they want to book each part independently or take a package? If it's a
package...
Forum: Europe June 23rd, 2010, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Jan[_1_]
relatively 'quiet' beach holiday- costa daurada

"Jan" wrote in message
We always stay at Madison Bahia --- not a quiet location being in the
middle of the pedestrianised street,...
Forum: Europe June 23rd, 2010, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Jan[_1_]
relatively 'quiet' beach holiday- costa daurada

We always stay at Madison Bahia --- not a quiet location being in the middle
of the pedestrianised street, but we go in October when the town is not so
busy, so its fine for us- and we have a room...
Forum: Europe June 23rd, 2010, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Jan[_1_]
relatively 'quiet' beach holiday- costa daurada

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
In peak season (end of July for one week) probably not possible. We'd
Forum: Europe June 21st, 2010, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Jan[_1_]
relatively 'quiet' beach holiday- costa daurada

How about North to Cadeques ??

Jan

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
In peak season (end of July for...
Forum: Asia May 6th, 2010, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 1
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Last minute planning, please help!

"Kelvin" wrote in message

Hello, this is my first post here. I'm Kelvin and i'm in need of some
info and...
Forum: Asia March 19th, 2010, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Honeymoon Travel

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
In article ,
Forum: Asia March 11th, 2010, 10:45 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 2
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Phuket - Mai Khao beach JW Marriot Phuket Resort

"Save Yourlife" wrote in message
Hi All,

My family (wife with 3 kids) will be staying in...
Forum: Air travel March 7th, 2010, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 6
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Emirates to India transiting from Dubai

"Renato V." wrote in message
Does anybody have personal experience about exceeding the weight limit of
the cabin baggage while...
Forum: Asia February 25th, 2010, 12:14 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Shanghai to Hangzou

"waitressvn" wrote in message

Hi All

I like to go to Hangzou for a day trip from Shanghai. I was wondering
Forum: Air travel June 9th, 2009, 11:11 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 29
Posted By Jan[_1_]
travel with heavy luggage

kjw wrote:
snipped

First of all, I don't know what airline you're on, nor the rules for
all airlines. That being said, I've never had an airline weigh my
carryon to be sure it is under the...
Forum: Air travel December 19th, 2008, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Urgent flight Cologne tomorrow?

Terry Pinnell wrote:
I urgently need to get to Cologne tomorrow, Sat 20th Dec. Preference
is Gatwick and the obvious choice is easyJet from Gatwick 25 mins from
here by taxi, but I was...
Forum: Europe December 19th, 2008, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe

Terry Pinnell wrote:
I urgently need to get to Cologne tomorrow, Sat 20th Dec. Preference
is Gatwick and the obvious choice is easyJet from Gatwick 25 mins from
here by taxi, but I was...
Forum: Asia August 5th, 2008, 01:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 3
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Siem Reap & Angkor Wat Excursions

Sharkbait wrote:
I am being quoted what appear to be ridiculous rates for side
excursions around Siem Reap. For two persons, I have the following:

Trip to Phnom Kulen Mountain - 10 hours...
Forum: Air travel July 13th, 2008, 02:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 7
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Ryanair priority boarding...

Tom P wrote:
tim..... wrote:
"David Bennetts" wrote in message

"Marcus Fox"...
Forum: Asia July 8th, 2008, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 44
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Palace on wheels

William Black wrote:
"Gerald Oliver Swift" wrote in message

"William Black" wrote in message
Forum: Asia July 7th, 2008, 11:58 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 44
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Palace on wheels

PeterL wrote:
On Jul 6, 3:16 pm, Alan S wrote:
On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 21:39:59 -0700 (PDT), PeterL

wrote:
On Jul 5, 1:24 pm, anna...
Forum: Air travel July 1st, 2008, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By Jan[_1_]
Ryanair - what is required if kid (14Y) travels alone

tom wrote:
On 30 jun, 23:34, "Jan" wrote:
Jan wrote:
tom wrote:
Something stays unclear even after reading the Ryanair website
again and again ... if child,...
Forum: Air travel June 30th, 2008, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.air

Jan wrote:
tom wrote:
Something stays unclear even after reading the Ryanair website again
and again ... if child, travelling alone, is brought to the airport
by a friend ( not direct...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 123