Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: neverwas
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 20th, 2010, 12:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 27
Posted By neverwas
Car Hire in Australia: need for SLI?

snip
It sounds like you are contemplating the kind of third party
insurance that I encourage and that I take on my rentals in
Australia. ie in lieu of the CDW from the car hire company.
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 4th, 2010, 09:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 27
Posted By neverwas
Car Hire in Australia: need for SLI?

Having spent a fair amount of time driving around the UK I must say
that one of the biggest mistakes you could make is expecting the
roading standards in OZ to be like those you're used to in...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 4th, 2010, 09:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 27
Posted By neverwas
Car Hire in Australia: need for SLI?

Check on glass coverage, but it is usually included in the vehicle
insurance. Also check the 'excess' (called deductible in the USA)
you will be required to pay if you claim. It can be as...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 4th, 2010, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 27
Posted By neverwas
Car Hire in Australia: need for SLI?

I think most major credit cards do this, at least if you're above the
basic level. I know my Visa Platinum card does.

FWIW nor do any of my 3 UK credit cards provide cover for car hire.
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 4th, 2010, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 27
Posted By neverwas
Car Hire in Australia: need for SLI?

I hope this helps.
Not sure of the exact coverage but I doubt if many Australians take
out extra insurance of the kind you are thinking about.
Perhaps you could check out the web pages of the...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 4th, 2010, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 27
Posted By neverwas
Car Hire in Australia: need for SLI?

They will sign off on the spot as Norman says. I am not sure what
extra policy you are contemplating I do take extra coverage with me
through my travel insurance. I did have an accident in...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 3rd, 2010, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 27
Posted By neverwas
Car Hire in Australia: need for SLI?

almostbob wrote:
gravel roads, road trains, roos, completely different to what most
tourists have encountered b4, high likelihood of glass damage
but still more like buying the car again...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 3rd, 2010, 12:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 27
Posted By neverwas
Car Hire in Australia: need for SLI?

In summary, is it sensible to take out Supplementary Liability
Insurance (SLI) when hiring cars in Victoria, New South Wales, Northern
Territory and Queensland?

I have read past threads about car...
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8