Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jeff Gersten
Forum: Cruises March 25th, 2013, 12:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 0
Posted By Jeff Gersten
attention: [email protected] e-mail you sent me

You sent me an e-mail about my post about our recent upgrade asking
about my TA.

I sent a reply to you with a cc to my TA. My reply to you was bounced as
undeliverable. The mail delivert notice...
Forum: Cruises March 24th, 2013, 01:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 0
Posted By Jeff Gersten
8 deck upgrade with a price decrease in addition!

We booked a Carnival cruise before the incident with the Triumph and
other ships.

After seeing a post about a price drop in our cruisecritic roll call, I
e-mailed our TA. He e-mailed back letting us...
Forum: Cruises August 28th, 2012, 11:26 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 0
Posted By Jeff Gersten
Greatest conversation ever overheard on a cruise ship

We're just back form a W. Med cruise on the Epic. One of the attractions
on the ship is NIckelodeon shows for kids.

Anyway, I'm in an elevator along with a married couple and two young
children....
Forum: Cruises July 21st, 2012, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 19
Posted By Jeff Gersten
Roll Call

I am not on face book, a little afraid of using
that, but I do check in here often and like the
rest of you who have commented, I miss the
old crowd as well.

Same here.

We are planning...
Forum: Cruises February 26th, 2012, 10:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By Jeff Gersten
Did any of you also watch The Italian Ship Disaster onNationa...

(Gadget*World) wrote:

This sounds like the same video that was on
the discovery channel.

No, I saw (all but the first few minutes) of the show on the Discovery
Channel...
Forum: Cruises January 16th, 2012, 09:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 34
Posted By Jeff Gersten
Costa Concordia taking on water off of Italy

(number6) wrote:

On Jan 15, 6:23*pm, (Jeff Gersten) wrote:

(number6) wrote:

Show me the BoatFax

Hee Hee, it's nice to see you still...
Forum: Cruises January 15th, 2012, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 34
Posted By Jeff Gersten
Costa Concordia taking on water off of Italy

(number6) wrote:

Show me the BoatFax

Hee Hee, it's nice to see you still have your sense of humor.
Forum: Cruises December 21st, 2011, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 7
Posted By Jeff Gersten
RC Enchantment of the Seas

(Gaga6) wrote:

No one has traveled on this ship? No input?

We were on the Enchantment in I believe 2003. I like the size of the
ship better than the mega-ships of...
Forum: Cruises July 16th, 2011, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 18
Posted By Jeff Gersten
Cruise Critics Princess Roll Call

(Charles) wrote:

In article , Jeff Gersten
wrote:

I can get on to cruisecritic and their roll...
Forum: Cruises July 16th, 2011, 11:32 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 18
Posted By Jeff Gersten
Cruise Critics Princess Roll Call

(Tom*K) wrote:

On 7/15/11 4:28 PM, Surfer E2468 wrote:

CHARLES:
I have tried to get cruise critics,but my web
will not connect to them. So i still cannot find...
Forum: Cruises May 30th, 2011, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 26
Posted By Jeff Gersten
Passenger missed cruise

(Janet*Wilder) wrote:

I guess I've used "bad" travel agents, because
they all seemed to want to push the cruise l
line's air packages, which, IMO are the riskiest
of...
Forum: Cruises May 5th, 2011, 11:01 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 2
Posted By Jeff Gersten
4 Dead In Ohio

And then Neil Young wrote a great song.
Forum: Cruises April 15th, 2011, 10:51 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 8
Posted By Jeff Gersten
I need to retire!!!

(Janet*Wilder) wrote:

On 4/14/2011 7:49 PM, RayC wrote:

I found this last minute deal and quickly went
into "Gotta Go On Vacation" SPASMS!!!

14 Night Trans Atlantic...
Forum: Cruises April 9th, 2011, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 24
Posted By Jeff Gersten
It was 99 years ago today...

...that the Titanic sunk.
Forum: Cruises April 4th, 2011, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 2
Posted By Jeff Gersten
Carnival handles onboard medical emergency well

(Kurt*Ullman) wrote:

There will be a bill from Carnival (probably
rather hefty) for the medical services on
board.

Sounds like a good reason to buy travel insurance.
Forum: Cruises January 26th, 2011, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 1
Posted By Jeff Gersten
Disney Dream

This is an e-mail I received from a friend (minus her signature).

Hi, Jeff.

My husband and I were invited to join a preview weekend for Disney's new
ship Dream which went to the Bahamas and back....
Forum: Cruises January 22nd, 2011, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 25
Posted By Jeff Gersten
cell phone calls

(Kurt*Ullman) wrote:

I am tending toward letting people decide for
themselves how much they need to stay in
touch with home. About the only REALLY over
the top instance...
Forum: Cruises January 7th, 2011, 01:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 1
Posted By Jeff Gersten
McCoy would have prosecuted!

OOPS, I posted to the wrong group.

SORRY!
Forum: Cruises January 7th, 2011, 11:24 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 1
Posted By Jeff Gersten
McCoy would have prosecuted!

I watched a Closer rerun yesterday. A 12 year old boy is found murdered.
It turns out he stood watch for 3 men who gang raped a woman for days.
The 3 rapists left to get beer and would have continued...
Forum: Cruises January 7th, 2011, 11:07 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 82
Posted By Jeff Gersten
As Always, Ask a Professional!

(Charles) wrote:

some snipped
Personally I prefer the auto tips and it seems
fairer for the crew but I never cringed at the
envelopes.

Same here. I did have a...
Forum: Cruises December 30th, 2010, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 0
Posted By Jeff Gersten
How to Choose a Cruise

Choosing an itinerary can be a daunting task,
particularly for first-time cruisers. You have to
decide on a cruising region, trip length and
embarkation port. Ready to get started? We'll...
Forum: Cruises December 30th, 2010, 11:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 0
Posted By Jeff Gersten
19yo Falls To Death on MSC Orchestra

(Surfer*E2468) wrote:

Cannot for the life of me figure out why
someone would sit on the railing of a
ship,plain stupidity

Alcohol!
Forum: Cruises December 15th, 2010, 10:52 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 24
Posted By Jeff Gersten
Who Said RTCers Cruise For Food?

(Ari*Silverstein,*C.T.A.) wrote:

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 17:37:39 -0500, Surfer E2468 wrote:

On our last sevral cruises i did not gain any
weight at all,in fact i lost 3...
Forum: Cruises December 2nd, 2010, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 3
Posted By Jeff Gersten
I posted a comment on the Princess bucket list for Santorini

http://50essentialexperiences.com/2010/11/01/the-sounds-of-santorini/
Forum: Cruises November 30th, 2010, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 13
Posted By Jeff Gersten
Anchor Drop Lands Cruise Passenger in the Brig

(Surfer*E2468) wrote:

Could not find out what ship the passenger
dropped the anchor on,does anyone know?

The article says it's the Holland America Ryndam.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250