Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Duh_OZ
Forum: Air travel November 17th, 2009, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By Duh_OZ
Pressurized cans in checked baggage

Well before the liquids/carry-on ban I asked someone if they could
bring me some Lowenbrau directly from Europe to compare to the US
"watered down" stuff. He didn't do it, but told a friend...
Forum: Air travel August 28th, 2009, 01:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,alt.vacation.las-vegas
Replies: 2
Posted By Duh_OZ
LAS to BZM only 99 cents!

On Aug 27, 10:37*pm, " wrote:
Hi

I was just checking the Allegiant Air website for fares from CPR to
LAS. By mistake I selected BZM (Bozeman, MT), as my...
Forum: Air travel August 17th, 2009, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By Duh_OZ
Pure bull, as in Bull Airways

http://www.kvia.com/Global/story.asp?S=10933534&nav=AbC0

Snip:
EL PASO, Texas -- A local woman says she gave all of her personal
information to a company called Bull Airways, a company that has...
Forum: Air travel July 2nd, 2009, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By Duh_OZ
Detroit runway closre may cause delayes

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090629/METRO05/906290315/1414/METRO05/Idled-Metro-runway-delays-flights

Overview of...
Forum: Air travel June 1st, 2009, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 28
Posted By Duh_OZ
Air France jet 'disappears' over Atlantic.

Not looking good.

Full read:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/02/world/europe/02plane.html?em

Snip:
===============
PARIS — Air France said Monday that it had lost radar contact with an
Airbus A330...
Forum: Air travel May 5th, 2009, 01:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By Duh_OZ
Can't think of a subject for this one.

Now this I would have liked to have seen.

Snip:
============
Rusanova last appeared in court on Friday where an affidavit stated
that she had taken prescription drugs and drank alcohol and...
Forum: Air travel April 22nd, 2009, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By Duh_OZ
United ticket agent gives cold shoulder to family rushing todying relative

United claims:
==========
However, United Spokesperson Jeff Kovick says the couple arrived at
the counter just 30 minutes before the flight time and points out that
United's policy is customers must...
Forum: Air travel April 18th, 2009, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 2
Posted By Duh_OZ
Passenger opens door at 23,000 feet, takes a leap of faith.

I assumed it happened pretty quickly? If I saw someone trying to
open a door, patient or no patient, something heavy would have been
applied to the back of their head. Everything I read says he...
Forum: Air travel March 18th, 2009, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 8
Posted By Duh_OZ
1 hour cut off rule?

Full read:
http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/2009/03/14/8747056-sun.html

Snip:
===========
Being one minute late was all it took for a Florida student to be
denied a flight home at the Calgary...
Forum: Air travel February 28th, 2009, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 10
Posted By Duh_OZ
Ryanair could make passengers pay for toilets

On Feb 27, 12:53*pm, "paddy_nyr" wrote:
A new low in airline service.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090227/ap_on_re_eu/eu_ireland_ryanair_pa...

Assuming they actually go...
Forum: Air travel February 26th, 2009, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 3
Posted By Duh_OZ
Choosing the aisle could keep you healthy

The 'ole airplane seat & health debate. Nothing that really hasn't
been printed before.

Full read: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29367981/

Snip:
=============
NEW YORK - Mulling over the window...
Forum: Air travel February 3rd, 2009, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 4
Posted By Duh_OZ
Ryanair: £30 charge if you can't fit duty free in your hand luggage

That's about $40 in US currency?

Full read: http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/feb/03/ryanair-hand-baggage

Snip:
==========
Under the hand luggage rules, any passenger who attempts to board...
Forum: Air travel January 16th, 2009, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By Duh_OZ
US Airways A320 splash lands in NYC Hudson River

On Jan 15, 3:28*pm, auzerais wrote:
Anyone coming across pics & flightpath maps, etc. pls post.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/USA1549
Forum: Air travel December 31st, 2008, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By Duh_OZ
Jet circles Zamboanga airport waiting for missing air trafficcontrollers

Where's Waldo?

Full read:
http://www.gadling.com/2008/12/30/jet-circles-zamboanga-airport-waiting-for-air-traffic-controller/

Snip:
================
by Scott Carmichael Dec 30th 2008 @...
Forum: Air travel November 20th, 2008, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 5
Posted By Duh_OZ
ORD expansion - some airlines say huh?

Same old story on the ORD expansion. All I know is the cops won't
let you metal detect the bought out properties. Heaven forbid you
might damage some grass on property that is going to be...
Forum: Air travel November 19th, 2008, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.air,alt.vacation.las-vegas
Replies: 2
Posted By Duh_OZ
WN vying for LGA slots

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/111908dnbussouthwestata.3129e9f.html

Snip:
==========
Southwest Airlines to buy ATA to get New York LaGuardia slots

07:20 AM CST on...
Forum: Air travel November 18th, 2008, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By Duh_OZ
AirAsia removes fuel surcharge, offers free seats

If it still in business? No idea how financially stable it is.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gjHlqIH4O6ao2v-5tnYgWujrCxBgD94CHAVO1

Snip:
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — Malaysia's AirAsia on...
Forum: Air travel November 3rd, 2008, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 0
Posted By Duh_OZ
Tempelhof Airport shut down as of 10/30/08

Full read:
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5ggIJztToa_rhxW6lASIGgqJgO7xQD944A6881

Snip:
=====
BERLIN (AP) — Tempelhof Airport has been many things to Berlin — a
lifeline to German areas cut off...
Forum: Air travel September 20th, 2008, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 17
Posted By Duh_OZ
Southwest Airlines vs. Hidden Fees on Other Airlines

I'm so close to MDW it would have to take a pretty big difference to
fly out of ORD. There are times flights from ORD are cheaper and
when SWA may be cheaper I'm sure the ones by ORD follow the...
Forum: Air travel September 8th, 2008, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 5
Posted By Duh_OZ
United stock plunges as old story resurfaces on Web

Boy, they really hosed this one. Anyone that got in at the low is
probably very happy!

http://blogs.trb.com/chicago-breaking-news/2008/09/united-stock-plunges-as-old-st.html

snip:
========
United...
Forum: Air travel September 4th, 2008, 01:53 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 16
Posted By Duh_OZ
AA 1586 LAX-YYX: blown tire. Emergency landing at LAX

On Sep 2, 2:44*pm, John Doe wrote:
AA 1586 from LAX to Toronto blew a tire on take off. Currently circling
LAX to burn fuel and will attempt emergency landing at LAX.

CNN...
Forum: Air travel September 4th, 2008, 01:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 52
Posted By Duh_OZ
Southwest Airlines Jumping on the "Cashless Cabin" Bandwagon

On Sep 3, 1:56*pm, Rik Brown Rik.Brown.3f6...@no-
mx.forums.travel.com wrote:
It was reported by Bizjournals online that Southwest Airlines:

is jumping on the so-called “cashless cabin”...
Forum: Air travel August 29th, 2008, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 16
Posted By Duh_OZ
Zoom aint zooming no more

And another bites the dust...........

Full read: http://www.walletpop.com/article/_a/bbdp/fliers-stranded-as-zoom-grounds-planes/153074

Snip:

TORONTO (Aug. 29) -- Hundreds of Zoom Airlines...
Forum: Air travel August 26th, 2008, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 12
Posted By Duh_OZ
Mid-air panic as plane plunges 26,000 feet

Not sure of this statement:
The French officials said the plane lost 26,200 feet of altitude in
five minutes before the landing, which the pilot requested.

I assume the pilot "request" refers to...
Forum: Air travel August 22nd, 2008, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.air
Replies: 1
Posted By Duh_OZ
Confirmation code from Southwest

On Aug 22, 1:55 pm, wrote:
Hi

I have a Southwest Airlines confirmation code worth $256 (from an
cancelled air-ticket) which is expiring on Sept 4th. If you / anyone
you...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125