Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: freenews.iinet.net.au
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 12th, 2009, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 1
Budget Travel to Ayers Rock (Uluru) and Alice Springs

I was absolutely startled at how expensive Hotels and Motels are in
Uluru. Too make matters worse I will be arriving 1st JUly 09 which is the
start of the peak season. Alice Springs is...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 12th, 2009, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 124
Report from the US, a nice but somewhat backward country.

Same here. You can't mention Fosters or Budweiser when talking about
beer, because they're not. (And no, Heineken isn't either.)

The joys of being a stranger in a strange land is that you just...
Forum: USA & Canada January 12th, 2009, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 147
Report from the US, a nice but somewhat backward country.

Same here. You can't mention Fosters or Budweiser when talking about
beer, because they're not. (And no, Heineken isn't either.)

The joys of being a stranger in a strange land is that you just...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 12th, 2009, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 10
Restaurant Tipping in Australia

Tipping is a very un Australian thing to do.

I haven't seen one for many years, but there used to be signs in pubs saying
"Tipping is un-Australian". My guess is that the signs were orchestrated...
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4