Showing results 1 to 25 of 250
Search took 5.38 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike O'Sullivan
Forum: Europe April 20th, 2009, 07:09 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 49
Posted By Mike O'Sullivan
Eurostar to Paris

David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*) wrote:

It's worth booking in advance, whenever there
is a substantial fare saving to be made.

No- it's worth booking in advance whenever there is a...
Forum: USA & Canada April 11th, 2009, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 10
Posted By Mike O'Sullivan
Victoria, Vancouver and Whistler

wrote:
We plan to go to Victoria, Vancouver and Whistler (B.C) in the summer.

We will rent a car from Seattle and tour British Columbia.

Excluding the driving...
Forum: Europe April 8th, 2009, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.italian,rec.travel.europe
Replies: 16
Posted By Mike O'Sullivan
What makes Italian food so unique and compelling ?

Pentaxuser wrote:
"brooklyn1" wrote:

Italy is still in the 19th century, and that's only for the priviledged few.
The majority of Italians are living in the 16th...
Forum: Europe April 5th, 2009, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.rec.walking,uk.food+drink.misc,rec.travel.europe,uk.rec.driving
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike O'Sullivan
The doubters here

Brian Small wrote:
To those who doubted his claims.

It's actually true that Mike Reid held a postition in the council...

He was a bin man for 36 years!

What are you on about?
Forum: Europe March 31st, 2009, 12:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Mike O'Sullivan
Scenic drive from the movie "Ronin"

Dan Stephenson wrote:
OK, the great John Frankenheimer movie with Robert de Niro, Jean Reno,
Sean Bean, Jonathan Pryce and many others.... is just great.

There was a scene where after de...
Forum: Europe March 21st, 2009, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 183
Posted By Mike O'Sullivan
Planning a trip to Paris!

hackamore wrote:
Herbert wrote:
Hi everybody, recently I have planned a trip to Paris and I would like
to gather as much information about there so that I can have a good
trip that will...
Forum: Europe March 21st, 2009, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 183
Posted By Mike O'Sullivan
Planning a trip to Paris!

Pentaxman wrote:
je wrote:

Most important imho: August is the best time for
a vacation in Paris.

except for probably sticky humid weather?

and the fact...
Forum: Europe March 1st, 2009, 07:50 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 61
Posted By Mike O'Sullivan
Once again, PJ proves he's an idiot

PatTX wrote:
PJ O'Donovan wrote:
:: That oxymoron in the mentality of the European surfaces again. Free
:: health care is an innate right but one must pay to pee
::
There are so many...
Forum: Europe February 28th, 2009, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 47
Posted By Mike O'Sullivan
Ryanair to charge for use of toilets

Martin wrote:
On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 19:50:56 -0600, erilar wrote:

In article ,
Alan S ...
Forum: Europe February 27th, 2009, 08:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 47
Posted By Mike O'Sullivan
Ryanair to charge for use of toilets

Martin wrote:
On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 17:02:22 +0000, Mike O'Sullivan wrote:

Forum: Europe February 27th, 2009, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe

Lennart Petersen wrote:
"Mike O'Sullivan" skrev i meddelandet
and no, it's not april 1st

Forum: Europe February 27th, 2009, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 47
Posted By Mike O'Sullivan
Ryanair to charge for use of toilets

and no, it's not april 1st

Forum: USA & Canada February 25th, 2009, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 37
Posted By Mike O'Sullivan
"Sir" Allen Stanford

Alohacyberian wrote:

Well, I've usually been pretty astute at geography, but, in this case it was
history that fouled me up. I vaguely remember that Southern Rhodesia under
the...
Forum: USA & Canada February 22nd, 2009, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 37
Posted By Mike O'Sullivan
"Sir" Allen Stanford

Sharx35 wrote:

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

So, to which country to you owe loyalty? No man can serve two...
Forum: USA & Canada February 21st, 2009, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 37
Posted By Mike O'Sullivan
"Sir" Allen Stanford

James Silverton wrote:
Mike wrote on Sat, 21 Feb 2009 12:35:46 +0000:

Calif Bill wrote:
I think the naturalized citizens have to give up the previous
citizenship. But lots of...
Forum: USA & Canada February 21st, 2009, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 37
Posted By Mike O'Sullivan
"Sir" Allen Stanford

Calif Bill wrote:

I think the naturalized citizens have to give up the previous citizenship.
But lots of Americans still hold dual citizenship via birth. Former
neighbors daughter was...
Forum: USA & Canada February 20th, 2009, 07:53 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 16
Posted By Mike O'Sullivan
legal placard to warn motorists of police traps

Dymphna wrote:
Don't you know that cops never die - they just become speed bumps?

In Spain, they're called "sleeping policeman"
Forum: USA & Canada February 18th, 2009, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 16
Posted By Mike O'Sullivan
legal placard to warn motorists of police traps

wrote:
On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 08:18:48 +0000, Mike O'Sullivan

Legal way to warn motorists of SHORT left- turn...
Forum: USA & Canada February 18th, 2009, 09:18 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 16
Posted By Mike O'Sullivan
legal placard to warn motorists of police traps

wrote:
Legal way to warn motorists of SHORT left- turn yellow light ticket
traps (or any other ENGINEERED police ticket trap)

But why would you want to? Isn't it desirable...
Forum: USA & Canada January 15th, 2009, 08:39 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 21
Posted By Mike O'Sullivan
Take kids to Victoria or Vancouver BC in winter?

Eugene Miya wrote:
In article ,
Joe Makowiec wrote:
On 12 Jan 2009 in rec.travel.usa-canada, Lee Choquette...
Forum: USA & Canada January 13th, 2009, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 21
Posted By Mike O'Sullivan
Take kids to Victoria or Vancouver BC in winter?

Lee Choquette wrote:

I didn't have any trouble finding hotels in Victoria that have rooms
with three beds plus a sofabed, but such rooms seem to be rare in
downtown Vancouver (not...
Forum: USA & Canada January 12th, 2009, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 21
Posted By Mike O'Sullivan
Take kids to Victoria or Vancouver BC in winter?

Lee Choquette wrote:
We've lived in the Seattle area for almost three years and we still
haven't been to Canada. January may not be the best time to go (other
than for winter sports, which we...
Forum: Europe January 7th, 2009, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.politics.misc
Replies: 15
Posted By Mike O'Sullivan
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Crétin Grenouille wrote:
http://www.deredactie.be/cm/de.redactie.english/news/090106_cold

Tue 06/01/09 17:27 (UPDATE video) - Last night was the coldest night
in Belgium since 1999. At 4:00...
Forum: USA & Canada December 28th, 2008, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 28
Posted By Mike O'Sullivan
A massacre in Los Angeles

Don Kirkman wrote:

Had a gun, and had been trained and willing to use it.

Irrelevant--according to the known facts of the case he shot the
ex-wife's daughter as soon as she opened the...
Forum: Europe December 21st, 2008, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 20
Posted By Mike O'Sullivan
Amsterdam turning into a prudish backwater?

A majority of the Amsterdam district council 'Amsterdam Centrum' have
voted in favour of a measure that would forbid customers from sitting
outside on a terrace past midnight. A Dutch newspaper...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 250