Showing results 1 to 25 of 33
Search took 0.89 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Walt Tucker
Forum: USA & Canada December 17th, 2007, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 23
Posted By Walt Tucker
Seattle to San Francisco in December

"Littlefoot via TravelKB.com" u39811@uwe wrote in message
Thanks everyone! This information has been extremely helpful. I've loaded
up
on bottle water, beef jerky,...
Forum: USA & Canada December 13th, 2007, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 23
Posted By Walt Tucker
Seattle to San Francisco in December

wrote in message
Come down Highway 101. Snow, or ice, is extremely unlikely.

That route will most likely...
Forum: USA & Canada December 11th, 2007, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 23
Posted By Walt Tucker
Seattle to San Francisco in December

"Littlefoot" u39811@uwe wrote in message news:7c88e57ef5fe4@uwe...
Hello,

I will be taking a road trip on December 21st from Seattle to San
Francisco with my 2 friends. I've never...
Forum: USA & Canada October 12th, 2007, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,can.general
Replies: 3
Posted By Walt Tucker
Best Places for Canucks to Shop In Bellingham to Seattle Area ?

"Robert Broughton" wrote in message
Rudy wrote:

Can some of you readers kindly advise the best places to shop,
in the area...
Forum: USA & Canada September 14th, 2007, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 12
Posted By Walt Tucker
Travel between Seattle and Vancouver as a Brit on holiday

"Graham Harrison" wrote in
message ...
I do hear that the queues going both ways over the border...
Forum: USA & Canada September 10th, 2007, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 50
Posted By Walt Tucker
Oregon / Wash Road trip

"Walt Tucker" wrote in message

"Icono Clast" wrote in message
Forum: USA & Canada September 10th, 2007, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 50
Posted By Walt Tucker
Oregon / Wash Road trip

"Icono Clast" wrote in message
Eugene Miya wrote:
I'm amazed how much more clear cutting isn't visible from roads.
The...
Forum: USA & Canada September 7th, 2007, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 50
Posted By Walt Tucker
Oregon / Wash Road trip

"- Bobb -" wrote in message
If doing "roughly" these loops:
http://www.us-parks.com/portland_crater_lake.html
Forum: USA & Canada September 6th, 2007, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By Walt Tucker
Oregon Coast Must-See's

"Pat" wrote in message
I think the bridge over the Columbia at Astoria is impressive.

You are still allowed to drive on...
Forum: USA & Canada August 9th, 2007, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 3
Posted By Walt Tucker
NW Wash State - What's there

In particular, this link (from the site you gave) answers Bobb's question:

http://www.northolympic.com/capeflatterytrail/

"Reaching the most northwestern point in the lower United States just...
Forum: USA & Canada July 17th, 2007, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.video.divx,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Replies: 407
Posted By Walt Tucker
39% of Americans believe Bush should be impeached.

"Hertz Dount" wrote in message

"Walt Tucker" wrote in message
Forum: USA & Canada July 17th, 2007, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.video.divx,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Replies: 407
Posted By Walt Tucker
39% of Americans believe Bush should be impeached.

Let's see....one is for National Security and the other is to lie about
being an adulterer and a sodomizer.

Pathetic that you cannto see the difference. One was to protect the
interest...
Forum: USA & Canada July 16th, 2007, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,alt.true-crime,alt.video.divx,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Replies: 407
Posted By Walt Tucker
39% of Americans believe Bush should be impeached.

"Hertz Dount" wrote in message

"Hatunen" wrote in message
Forum: USA & Canada July 11th, 2007, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 50
Posted By Walt Tucker
Oregon / Wash Road trip

"Walt Tucker" wrote in message

"- Bobb -" wrote in message
Forum: USA & Canada July 11th, 2007, 01:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 50
Posted By Walt Tucker
Oregon / Wash Road trip

"- Bobb -" wrote in message
I'm NOT into hiking, but do like scenic drives.
Gonna book tickets asap ( tired of...
Forum: USA & Canada June 25th, 2007, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 50
Posted By Walt Tucker
Oregon / Wash Road trips - advice on length of time ?

Since Bobb hasn't sent me his email address, I did cut and paste excerpts
below of the other email messages I was going to send...
Forum: USA & Canada June 25th, 2007, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 50
Posted By Walt Tucker
Oregon / Wash Road trips - advice on length of time ?

"- Bobb -" wrote in message
OK everybody, I copied all of this info and will do some homework
( looks like a lot.) and...
Forum: USA & Canada June 22nd, 2007, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 50
Posted By Walt Tucker
Oregon / Wash Road trips - advice on length of time ?

I grew up, went to college, and still live in Oreogn. As a native
Oregonian, I've responded to similar questions before. I have several email
messages still stashed away regarding things to do...
Forum: USA & Canada June 11th, 2007, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 72
Posted By Walt Tucker
Advise for US East to West trip

"Iceman" wrote in message
On Jun 8, 9:35 am, wrote:
Staring next week I am going for a...
Forum: USA & Canada February 23rd, 2007, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 24
Posted By Walt Tucker
Traveling West

Do the words "Road Trip!" (usually punctuated with an explanation point)
mean anything?

It isn't most people's cup of tea, but I've known people that thrived on
this stuff. Examples:

-- I...
Forum: USA & Canada February 16th, 2007, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 51
Posted By Walt Tucker
Portland, OR ideas

wrote in message ...

Pat wrote:
So what's so interesting about Astoria?

I think the bridge over the Columbia river is worth...
Forum: USA & Canada February 15th, 2007, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 51
Posted By Walt Tucker
Portland, OR ideas

"MadHatter" wrote in message
On Feb 14, 9:44 am, "Bill in Schenectady" wrote:
Forum: USA & Canada February 15th, 2007, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 13
Posted By Walt Tucker
Things To Do In Phoenix Arizona?

"Tricky Dicky" wrote in message
Going to New York at the end of March and then flying down to stay with
friends in...
Forum: USA & Canada February 15th, 2007, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 51
Posted By Walt Tucker
Portland, OR ideas

"Bill in Schenectady" wrote in message

Mt. St. Helens is already on my list, and it appears to be more accessible
from Portland than...
Forum: USA & Canada February 15th, 2007, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 51
Posted By Walt Tucker
Portland, OR ideas

"Bill in Schenectady" wrote in message
To everyone: Thank you so much for the ideas (and feel free to keep 'em
coming). I've saved them...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 33