Showing results 1 to 25 of 81
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Walt Bilofsky
Forum: Europe July 23rd, 2012, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Alumni Tours - Thomas P. Gohagan & Co.

Actually the trip turned out quite well. There were two very
different and very interesting professors. Compared to the average
group tour, the participants were better educated and traveled. ...
Forum: Asia June 28th, 2012, 01:03 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 2
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Help Identifying Shanghai Building - 1023p.jpg (0/1)

Chris Blunt wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 17:47:41 -0700, Walt Bilofsky
wrote:

Can anyone identify the Shanghai skyscraper in this photo?

Small...
Forum: Asia June 27th, 2012, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 2
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Help Identifying Shanghai Building - 1023p.jpg (0/1)

Can anyone identify the Shanghai skyscraper in this photo?

Small image is attached; large one at this...
Forum: Europe October 8th, 2011, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Alumni Tours - Thomas P. Gohagan & Co.

We're looking at an alumni association tour to a village in France.
Although they are marketed through many universities' alumni lists, a
lot of them are actually run by Thomas P. Gohagan & Co..

Has...
Forum: Asia August 4th, 2010, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 4
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Luggage on Chinese Trains?

We're planning a trip in eastern China that will include several
daytime train trips. We usually travel with one or two 24" suitcases
and a couple of pieces of hand luggage.

How will that work on...
Forum: Europe June 2nd, 2010, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 16
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Temperatures in Zermatt and St. Moritz?

"bart.c" wrote:

Try:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zermatt

which gives you 19C daily maximum for July.

Thank you for a really helpful reply.
Forum: Europe June 1st, 2010, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 16
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Temperatures in Zermatt and St. Moritz?

Martin wrote:

Average Zermatt temperature and rain fall figures are here
http://www.about.ch/geography/climate/zermatt.html
and...
Forum: Europe June 1st, 2010, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 16
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Temperatures in Zermatt and St. Moritz?

What are typical daily summer temperatures in St. Moritz, Switzerland?

Some web sites say the daily highs in St. Moritz are 8 to 11 C. Others
say the high teens. I see similar discrepancies for...
Forum: Asia May 19th, 2010, 06:43 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 6
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Indonesia: Chinese Language and Visitors

Is it still true that printed matter in Chinese can not be brought
into Indonesia?

And would ethnically Chinese visitors have any problem there?
Forum: Asia December 24th, 2009, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 7
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Vietnam During Tet: Bad Idea?

Thanks for the info. I see both your posts now.

So in HCMC during Tet, is it better to just walk around or are there
particular things we should plan to see? Where are the fireworks?

"don"...
Forum: Asia December 24th, 2009, 06:10 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 7
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Vietnam During Tet: Bad Idea?

No, not the war. It's just a difficult time to get plane
reservations.

Anyone have tips or recommendations for Tet in Saigon?

" A Mate" wrote:

The Vietnamese have long...
Forum: Asia December 19th, 2009, 05:05 AM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 5
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Beijing at Christmas

Nguyen Quoc wrote:

Hello,

My friend and i are going to be in Beijing from the 23rd of December
to the 3rd of January ...

Haven't been in Beijing for Christmas, but...
Forum: Asia December 14th, 2009, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.asia
Replies: 7
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Vietnam During Tet: Bad Idea?

Planning a trip to Vietnam and wondering if it is a good or bad thing
to be there during Tet.

I know travel is difficult, but if we can book our flights OK, are
there any other reasons to either...
Forum: Europe October 3rd, 2009, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Getting from Port to Rome

The best web page I know for rail schedules throughout Europe is
Deutsche Bahn:

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en?newrequest=yes

Just remember that all place names are in the language...
Forum: Europe September 29th, 2009, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Amalfi or Positano?

We have two days / three nights to stay on the Amalfi coast. Should
we stay in Positano or Amalfi?

We like walking around a town (is Positano too small?) and a bit of
shopping (touristy, not...
Forum: Europe September 22nd, 2009, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 51
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Naples Worthwhile?

(David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)) wrote:

Martin wrote:

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 09:59:07 +0100, Jack Campin - bogus address
Forum: Europe September 22nd, 2009, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 51
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Naples Worthwhile?

"tim....." wrote:

"Walt Bilofsky" wrote in message
"bartc" ...
Forum: Europe September 22nd, 2009, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 51
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Naples Worthwhile?

Piero wrote:

Walt Bilofsky ha scritto:

1) Is Naples now a good walking-around city? Worth a couple of days?

I'm Italian (not from Naples, so, like many...
Forum: Europe September 22nd, 2009, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 51
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Naples Worthwhile?

"bartc" wrote:

Walt Bilofsky wrote:

1) Is Naples now a good walking-around city? Worth a couple of days?

Maybe a couple of hours. Get a train into the central station,...
Forum: Europe September 22nd, 2009, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 51
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Naples Worthwhile?

We have five nights / four days to spend in the Naples / Amalfi Coast
area before boarding a ship in Sorrento. In the past we've been to
Pompei, and to Amalfi twice on day trips.

We were planning...
Forum: Cruises May 12th, 2009, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 8
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Costa, Smoking and Language

Thanks for the feedback. From what I understand, Costa Caribbean
cruises are marketed mainly to Americans. The passengers on the
cruises in the Med, which is what we're considering, are about...
Forum: Cruises May 12th, 2009, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 13
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Travelex and Nationwde Trip Insurance

bob edwards wrote:

We don't like to buy insurance until the time of final payment. That
way we won't be out the cost of the insurance if we change our plans
between making...
Forum: Cruises May 11th, 2009, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 8
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Costa, Smoking and Language

Please - any help for me on how much smoking there is on Costa
cruises?

Thanks.

Walt Bilofsky wrote:

We've cruised a lot on U.S.-marketed lines, and are now considering...
Forum: Europe May 11th, 2009, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Smoking on Costa Cruises

Maurice ON4BAM wrote:

On Mon, 11 May 2009 06:55:38 -0700, Walt Bilofsky
wrote:

Occasional smoking isn't a problem, but if there is a lot of...
Forum: Europe May 11th, 2009, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Walt Bilofsky
Smoking on Costa Cruises

Has anyone taken a Costa cruise in Europe? I'd like to try it, but
don't like being around smoking, and I understand that smoking is
widely permitted on Costa ships (though not in the dining...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 81