Showing results 1 to 25 of 46
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Anonymous[_1_]
Forum: Australia & New Zealand December 21st, 2008, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 3
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
Rooftop restaurants

You don't realize how much of a challenge that is for SOME people. And
being able to evaluate it as "a great site," that must have taken
countless hours of research and unbiased evaluation.

Plus,...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand April 8th, 2008, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 2
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
Getting Around Australia

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 13:11:51 +1100, "David Bennetts"
wrote:

So Len, how about stopping your continual spam and offering
self-contradictory and crap advice to...
Forum: USA & Canada February 13th, 2008, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 16
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
Philadelphia/DC hotels

Last year when I went to a conference in DC I stayed at the Days Inn
on Columbia Pike in Arlington, Virginia. It was reasonably priced and
even had a kitchenette. It was only a short bus ride to...
Forum: USA & Canada January 31st, 2008, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 27
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
PCH (CA1) in March

Stopping places other than those I've outlined. We like
gardens/landscapes, hiking....
I'm thinking maybe somewhere just to sit and contemplate the
ocean, or a short hike to the ocean. ...
Forum: USA & Canada January 31st, 2008, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 27
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
PCH (CA1) in March

If anyone knows the Fish Market on
Norfolk in San Mateo are there any places like that en route?

The first place that comes to mind is Phil's Fish Market in Moss
Landing...
Forum: USA & Canada January 31st, 2008, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 27
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
PCH (CA1) in March

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 17:30:34 -0000, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:

I was thinking of being pretty lazy and
just going 101 all the way to Soledad. ...
Forum: USA & Canada September 24th, 2007, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 22
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
Hawaii, Maui

Start by buying MAUI REVEALED by Wizard Publications -
http://www.wizardpub.com/maui/mauaerials.html. I have all their
books!

Hana is a must. It is especially nice if you have a convertible.
Leave...
Forum: USA & Canada June 3rd, 2007, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 7
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
Desert - LA

I also recommend Joshua Tree.

On 30 May 2007 18:31:16 -0700, zbenhalim wrote:

On May 30, 12:21 pm, "paddy_nyr" wrote:
While I'm in Los Angeles I'd like...
Forum: USA & Canada May 6th, 2007, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 15
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
SF in August without A/C?

Be sure to take warm clothing.
Forum: USA & Canada April 11th, 2007, 10:03 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
Washington DC advice - all the hotels are full or $400+

The Metro is wonderful and convenient. I was in DC for a conference
last fall and stayed in Arlington, VA. I think I was at a Comfort Inn
and paid less than $100 per night compared to $300 at the...
Forum: USA & Canada March 15th, 2007, 04:02 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 6
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
DC Motel - near Metro

Travelzoo has a best bet in DC of $129 per night at the Fairmont for
Thursday-Sunday nights in April and May. Check it out at
http://hotels.travelzoo.com/washington-dc-hotels/288091

On Mon, 5 Mar...
Forum: USA & Canada February 9th, 2007, 06:15 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 1
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
Fraudulent Behavior - Travelers Advantage, Enterprise, Avis and Bank of America

Thanks for the warning.

I had a similar problem with another "Advantage" program years ago. My
credit card company provided my phone number to them. They invited me
to join, I said NO and they...
Forum: USA & Canada January 30th, 2007, 07:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,ba.transportation,misc.transport.urban-transit
Replies: 288
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
LA Times: U.S. Love Affair With The Car Ending

Wow! Then I am sure glad that I bought a Corolla and didn't spend the
extra $8K - $10 K for a Prius.

There are no car pool lanes within 150 miles of where I live, so being
able to drive in them...
Forum: USA & Canada January 30th, 2007, 07:23 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,ba.transportation,misc.transport.urban-transit
Replies: 288
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
LA Times: U.S. Love Affair With The Car Ending

ROTFLMFAO!

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 19:44:41 -0500, Bolwerk wrote:

I'm going to snip all of the loaded and elitist statements and respond
only to the the substantive parts of your...
Forum: USA & Canada January 30th, 2007, 07:18 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,ba.transportation,misc.transport.urban-transit
Replies: 288
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
LA Times: U.S. Love Affair With The Car Ending

Whose leg are you pulling???

Almost no one takes their SUVs off paved roads!

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 11:38:55 -0500, RJ wrote:

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 07:14:42 -0800, Scott en...
Forum: USA & Canada January 24th, 2007, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
SW Colorado Question

I totally agree that the train ride from Durango to Silverton is
fabulous.

Too bad they don't offer a service to ferry cars from Durango to
Silverton. That way people who are short on time don't...
Forum: USA & Canada January 23rd, 2007, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 8
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
SW Colorado Question

If you take 550, do stop in Silverton.
Forum: USA & Canada January 22nd, 2007, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 48
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
South western USA (CA, UT, AR) landscapes ?

Thanks for your wealth of knowledge, Larry!

You are correct. Hwy 395 is a wopping 15 miles east of Lake Tahoe.
But, of course, that's the part of Lake Tahoe that is in Nevada, so
it's not on your...
Forum: USA & Canada January 21st, 2007, 06:08 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 48
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
South western USA (CA, UT, AR) landscapes ?

It is unlikely that you can cross the Sierras in March, so consider
driving up Hwy 395 all the way to Lake Tahoe. Take a drive around the
lake. It is totally awesome.
Forum: USA & Canada January 4th, 2007, 05:32 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 4
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
Dan Birchall - Big Island question

Bamboo is a great place to eat. We were there last month. My wife's
mac encrusted Ono was particularly good.

Roy's is a fabulous place to eat, as well. We always eat there when
we visit the...
Forum: USA & Canada January 2nd, 2007, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 1
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
Cheap Car Rental Com

I don't know Cheap Car Rental Com, but have had good experience with
Rent-a-Wreck and Enterprise sometimes has great deals.

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 09:20:51 +1100, "Larry...
Forum: USA & Canada January 1st, 2007, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,ba.transportation
Replies: 100
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
I-5 in California is dreary and awful

Drizzly weather???

That's really rare on I-5. It must have made it more interesting than
usual. :)

I-5 i's also more interesting when there is a heavy fog. That's when
the 100 car pile ups...
Forum: USA & Canada January 1st, 2007, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 19
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
Lake Tahoe tips, pls!

Luciano,

I lived in the Sierra foothills for more than ten years. My home was
just over an hour from Lake Tahoe. I can tell you from experience
that the Lake and surrounding areas are especially...
Forum: USA & Canada January 1st, 2007, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Replies: 19
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
Lake Tahoe tips, pls!

I-80 closes between Auburn and Reno when the snow is bad enough, Jeff!
Forum: Australia & New Zealand December 30th, 2006, 07:17 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 15
Posted By Anonymous[_1_]
Resorts in Australia

Yes, Heron Island is wonderful. It is an island on the reef. Very
isolated and kiw key. It's a bit expensive, but worth every penny.

On 27 Dec 2006 05:16:50 -0800, ...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 46