Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.81 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ross
Forum: Australia & New Zealand July 7th, 2007, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 8
Posted By Ross
car rental

You could try :

http://www.cairnsdirect.com.au/

or you could Google it yourself. In google type "Car Rental Cairns to
Brisbane".

Ross

"to" wrote in message
Forum: Australia & New Zealand July 7th, 2007, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 8
Posted By Ross
car rental

From where in Oz would like to rent the vehicle?

Ross

"to" wrote in message
hi all
do you know a good company of...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand July 4th, 2007, 01:39 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 6
Posted By Ross
question: broadbeach goldcoast

If you don't already have "Google Earth" see if you can get a copy of
version Beta4.

http://www.3d-earth-download.com/g/au/?gclid=CPqIiafRjI0CFQQRYwod_3HApA

Be a little careful downloading. There...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand July 1st, 2007, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 9
Posted By Ross
Sunshine Coast Ocean Swimming December?

What a load of Hog Wash, obviously written by some one who has very little
life experience.

There is nowhere in Australia that is "better" than somewhere else in
Australia. It is just...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand June 26th, 2007, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 6
Posted By Ross
retro flight bags

SPAM

"Taryn Paper" wrote in message
If you are into traveling but hate the ugly luggage, I'd recommend
these hot...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand June 26th, 2007, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 7
Posted By Ross
Atherton Tableland

The Fares and Schedules are he

http://tinyurl.com/29vz95

I might mention that the "Tilt Train" and the Sunlander service the same
line (Brisbane to Cairns) so look up the separate schedule...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand June 26th, 2007, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 7
Posted By Ross
Atherton Tableland

Here is a peak at my impression of the waterfront (Warning! This is a 1.2Mb
file) http://tinyurl.com/3xgdvb

"Alan S" wrote in message...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand June 23rd, 2007, 10:04 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 7
Posted By Ross
Atherton Tableland

Gave the reef a miss. Been there done that. We don't need to see it in the
rain. Had a good look at Cairns city though.

The apartment overlooked the "new" lagoon on the foreshore. Got a good...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand June 23rd, 2007, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 7
Posted By Ross
Atherton Tableland

We recently took a trip from Brisbane. We drove our car up the coast to
Atherton Tableland.

First night Tannum Sands just south of Gladstone and close to the Boyne
River. Seems to be a lot more...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand May 29th, 2007, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 9
Posted By Ross
Just Business Incentives (JBI)

Sounds like "time share" to me.

If it is "time share", forget it.

Ross

wrote in message
Hi,
Forum: Australia & New Zealand May 27th, 2007, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 12
Posted By Ross
Yellow

It raises the question, are they going to re-name the white pages White?

Whoops? Is that politically correct?

Ross

"Shelby" wrote in message...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand May 23rd, 2007, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 12
Posted By Ross
Brisbane: Local campervan or/and 4WD car rental companies?

Ross

"Ross" wrote in message
Check out the Yellow Pages. I found 38 companies in Brisbane that...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand May 23rd, 2007, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 12
Posted By Ross
Brisbane: Local campervan or/and 4WD car rental companies?

Check out the Yellow Pages. I found 38 companies in Brisbane that hire
campervans.

There are just some jobs that Google (and others) can't do.

Ross

"Frank Slootweg" ...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand May 19th, 2007, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 1
Posted By Ross
Hire scooter in Brisbane

Rather than a Google you should try the Yellow Pages.

This is what I turned up:

http://tinyurl.com/32sj53

Ross

"Reece" wrote in message
Forum: Australia & New Zealand May 15th, 2007, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 1
Posted By Ross
beaches and tides on Dunk island

Dunk is 17º56'54.84" S and 146º09'32.62" E if you wish to have a look on
Google Earth.

There is a photograph there taken late in the afternoon looking (roughly)
East.

It looks like low tide to...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand May 14th, 2007, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 9
Posted By Ross
A 4 week holiday -- suggestions?

The Great Barrier Reef, the only living thing that can be seen from space
with the unaided eye.

Though, it might be a bit hot in the North in our summer (Jan/Feb).

Hell! It's hot pretty much...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand May 13th, 2007, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 3
Posted By Ross
can someone translate this from German for me please?

As a matter of interest here is a URL to a translation facility (one of a
number)

http://au.babelfish.yahoo.com/

Just use "copy and paste" to get a reasonable translation which was:

" Good day,...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand April 18th, 2007, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 2
Posted By Ross
My itinerary for drive from melbourne to adelaide

Sounds good to me. We drove the south coast in early February this year.

The only thing I would say: You have to be lucky with the weather and
(generally speaking) there is not a damn thing you...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand April 9th, 2007, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 0
Posted By Ross
Once before you die

We just got back from a trip to Melbourne and Adelaide and then back to
Brisbane.

For those who have never seen it here is a link to the Blue Lake at Mount
Gambier...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand April 1st, 2007, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 3
Posted By Ross
Stingers on Great Barrier Reef~~ need clarification

Diane, here are two links (more) to recent news items in the Brisbane
Courier Mail...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand March 18th, 2007, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 8
Posted By Ross
Travel in Australia in July/August

Compared to Europe, Brisbane is about as mild as you can get for a Capital
city.

Ross

Obviously up north on the Great Barrier Reef is fine, but you can dive
anywhere in Australia at that...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand March 10th, 2007, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 1
Posted By Ross
Jellyfish/Stingers at GBR?

You might like to try these...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 11th, 2007, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 13
Posted By Ross
Moving to Australia

If your computer system will allow it download Google Earth and have a look
at the capital cities from the air.

You may find the images "revealing" as to the way the cities sprawl.

I live in...
Forum: Australia & New Zealand January 9th, 2007, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Replies: 7
Posted By Ross
Camping with easy access to Sydney city centre?

I "second" Julie's comments.

We tried a camping site there 25 years ago (when we were much younger) and
found it very convenient.

The only exception is the URL whic now seems to...
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24