Showing results 1 to 25 of 93
Search took 0.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Peg Caldwell-Ott
Forum: Cruises December 13th, 2010, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 8
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Brilliance of the Seas

A report on the LinersList reports Brilliance of the Seas having a
rough go of it in the Med. She is apparently near Pireaus, Greece,
and encountered some very rough seas. Broken glass (30...
Forum: Cruises April 27th, 2010, 12:57 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 45
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Hotel in Miami

MANY thanks to all of you for such great information regarding various
possible hotels (and/or how to find one) in the Miami area for the
night before our holiday voyage. As it turns out, our flight...
Forum: Cruises April 24th, 2010, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 45
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Hotel in Miami

Derek and I, and my Aunt, will be sailing on the Norweigan Dawn for a
9 night cruise this coming Christmas holiday. It has been many years
since we last sailed from Miami, and we are seeking your...
Forum: Cruises January 17th, 2010, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 15
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Norwegian Spirit Return!

Welcome Back, Jean!!
To echo what Jean wrote, and respond to Sue--YES!! the food on NCL is
improving rapidly!! We were on the Norwegian Gem for the Christmas
cruise (as we have been since...
Forum: Cruises November 20th, 2009, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 8
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
New Year's Eve

We have also been on various NCL ships for New Year's Eve, including
the SPIRIT. They usually let you make reservations for the dining
venue of your choice and the time that you want early--even as...
Forum: Cruises August 17th, 2009, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 25
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
New England/Canada on the Constellation

They will probably offer some sort of "Titanic" tour of Halifax, which
should include stops at the Martime Museum and all three cemeteries.
If you ask the bus driver, they will also stop briefly at...
Forum: Cruises June 22nd, 2009, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 13
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
CARNIVAL TRIUMPH Mini Review

Hi Ken,

Yes, we were on the TRIUMPH with the SSHSA group, and wondered if you
might be there--but we don't know what you look like yet!! VBG Derek
and I were the ones who were not quite as dressed...
Forum: Cruises June 21st, 2009, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 13
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
CARNIVAL TRIUMPH Mini Review

I've crossed the North Atlantic 8 times in the early days, even on my
very first crossing in late November at the ripe old age of 2. I would
love to make even just one trip with a balcony--which did...
Forum: Cruises June 21st, 2009, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 13
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
CARNIVAL TRIUMPH Mini Review

Hi John,

If the SPLENDOR was even more headache-inspiring than the PARADISE
than it is most definitely NOT the ship for us!! VBG I guess I am
like my mother--too many bright lights and too many...
Forum: Cruises June 21st, 2009, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 13
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
CARNIVAL TRIUMPH Mini Review

John is a wonderful person and an amazing lecturer--that crisp British
accent and marvelous use of the language are truly incredible!! I
have heard him in other contexts on all of the topics you...
Forum: Cruises June 21st, 2009, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 13
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
CARNIVAL TRIUMPH Mini Review

Hi Tom,

For various reasons we have never joined the SSHSA despite living on
Manhattan for 16 years! In fact, we still are not actually
members--this particular visit was arranged by them, but our...
Forum: Cruises June 21st, 2009, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 13
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
CARNIVAL TRIUMPH Mini Review

CARNIVAL TRIUMPH Ship Visit
Mini "Ship Review"
June 20, 2009

Basis for Comparison
NCL: 13 Voyages Total (DAWN, SPIRIT, GEM)
Celebrity Cruises: 14 Voyages Total (MERIDIAN, HORIZON,
ZENITH, CENTURY,...
Forum: Cruises June 4th, 2009, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 19
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Celebrity Solstice Entertainment

I have never heard the term "Harbor Captain" except when it refers to
a Pilot. The Pilot is the man (or men, or woman, or women) who comes
on board when the ship is close to port. This person (or...
Forum: Cruises June 3rd, 2009, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 19
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Celebrity Solstice Entertainment

On Mon, 1 Jun 2009 18:52:59 -0400, "Tom K"
wrote:

I know he had his eye on one of the new ones... guess it didn't work out for
him.

--Tom
Forum: Cruises January 24th, 2009, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 9
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Norwegian Gem Review Christmas 2007 and 2008 (LONG)

Thanks for the compliments, Diana! I actually drafted most of a
review in 2007, but was so busy with school activites (especially our
yearbook, which is one of my jobs) that I never got a chance to...
Forum: Cruises January 24th, 2009, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 9
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Norwegian Gem Review Christmas 2007 and 2008 (LONG)

We would not be surprised if the Norwegian Pearl also featured a weird
sculpture in her atrium too--and perhaps by the same artist. Many
cruise lines like to patronize a single artist to feature in...
Forum: Cruises January 24th, 2009, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 9
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Norwegian Gem Review Christmas 2007 and 2008 (LONG)

Christmas Cruise on Norwegian Gem 2007 AND 2008

Sailing Dates:
December 22, 2007 (Cabin Number 8548)
December 20, 2008 (Cabin Number 8048)

Itinerary: Florida and Bahamas--both years

Basis for...
Forum: Cruises January 18th, 2009, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 6
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Celebrity Solstice Photo Tour

Details of the(relatively) new Celebrity Solstice, along with a
wonderful photo tour, has recently been posted...
Forum: Cruises December 30th, 2008, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 4
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Karen is Still Alive

It was just posted to the Liners List that Karen Segboer (aka
Cupcaked) is still among the living, although it was not clear how
well she is doing--she has been ill for quite some time. The...
Forum: Cruises November 22nd, 2008, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 82
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Ship Attacks

One weapon that you can see is on the Norwegian Spirit. She was
originally built as the Superstar Leo for the Asian market, and they
purposefully built a high pressure water spray gun/cannon system...
Forum: Cruises November 18th, 2008, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 1
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Murder Mystery Dinners on Norwegian

Yes, they do have Murder Mystery Dinners--we have noticed them on the
program for several cruises--but it seems to be a bit random as to
when they do them and on which ships. Perhaps the website...
Forum: Cruises November 18th, 2008, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 10
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
cruise query

You might also want to check out the NCL options sailing out of
Barcelona (for the Med) or out of Dover for the Baltic. NCL might be
to your liking since they certainly "accept" casual dress and...
Forum: Cruises November 4th, 2008, 12:42 AM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 10
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
st. thomas beach

Coki Beach is fabulous, and easy to get to by cab, which are always
waiting at the pier. Listen for other passengers also taking taxis,
and perhaps you can share a ride in at least one direction,...
Forum: Cruises October 7th, 2008, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 5
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Norwegian Gem

Most of what you describe here sound very much like "new ship start up
problems", which the Gem certainly was the last time she was sailing
out of NYC/US ports. She is now not quite a year "old",...
Forum: Cruises October 6th, 2008, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.cruises
Replies: 5
Posted By Peg Caldwell-Ott
Norwegian Gem

Hi Hel,

We were on the Norwegian Gem for Christmas last year (her inaugural
sailing out of NYC--or any US port for that matter) and will be on her
again for Christmas this year!! She really is a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 93